Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Baby's heart beat
I am 10 weeks pregnant and cannot hear my baby's heart beat.  i even did an ultrasound. The doctor ordered that i do another one in the next week. Should i worry.
Cancel
3 Answers
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry you're going through such a worry.  While they usually are able to pick up a heartbeat by 10 weeks, in some rare cases it takes them a little longer.  Good luck to you next week.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
202436 tn?1326477933
if your doctor has been trying up to this point with a dopplar then it very well could be too early.  I didn't early 2 of mine until week 13 with the doppler.  The ultrasound SHOULD show a heartbeat at this stage though.  If theres no heartbeat on ultrasound it's considered a miscarriage.  However, don't let anyone pressure you into anything your not comfortable with yet...
Comment
Cancel
202436 tn?1326477933
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It also depends on how "thin" you are.  I am a big girl and we didnt hear my baby's heartbeat til almost 14 weeks.  My dr tried it at 9,11 and 13 weeks.  If he couldn't hear it, he'd do an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok.  Hang in there, I think it's really too early.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources