Maternal & Child Community
Baby's heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby's heartbeat

The doctor did a vaginal ultrasound on me today.  He saw the sac but there was no heartbeat.  My LMP was 10/12/03.  Is this to soon to be able to see the heartbeat?  He wants me to get another ultrasound next Monday.  I am going crazy right now not knowing if this is normal.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Suzie
At this point one would think you could be able to pick up a heartbeat transvaginally.  Sometimes it is just faint.  The doctor is doing another ultrasound on you to be sure of the results one way or the other.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope the news will be good.

What is the size of the sac in terms of weeks?
Yikes!! A week to wait seems like forever I know, I am so sorry you have to go through that. They found a heartbeat w/vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks for me. It isn't unusual not to be able to. Hang in there!! Ginger
wow, my lmp was 10-12-03 also... i guess we're in this together. I had a transv ultrasound last monday and they found a heartbeat at 105 bpm - which my doctor said was on the slow side, but because it's during the time when the heart is first learning how to beat, it's alright. i'm actually on my way for another transv ultrasound right now... i'm having implantation issues. i'm a wreck, i hope you're holding up. everything should be fine, they probably caught it on a day it wasn't warmed up yet.
Best wishes
Ok you are kinda feeling like me and I'm 11 weeks.I found out that I was pregnant at 7 weeks they did an adomonal ultrasound and they said my babys heartbeat was 155 per minute.They say that is normal.But I;m so scared that they babys heart has stopped beating I dont know why but I;m just so worried about everything.I really hate feeling this way but I do.I went yesterday to the doctors and when he checked me he said hecouldnt feel the baby then he couldnt find the heartbeat and that is really freaking me out.He said that the baby maybe still in my pelivc and it maybe to soon to hear the babys heartbeat.Which I hope and pray that is the case.I go back in 4 weeks so i have another 4 weeks to worry.I still feel sick but it isnt as bad as it was.So I;m gettting even more worried,But that maybe only since I;m getting father along.
            PLEASE ANY HELP FOR ME LET ME KNOW.For you you just may be to early in the pregnancy for them to get a good rating.I know that a week can feel like forever.I took a blood test to see if i was pregnant and i couldnt wait one day to get it back i went and bought 5 hptest and still didnt believe it.i;v been trying to get pregnant for 9 yrs and this is my fist time.That is why i;m so scared to lose it.