Maternal & Child Community
Back Pain at 6 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back Pain at 6 weeks

I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and i have had some back pain lately... this is early for back pain right??? is this ok ? its not severe or anything but it comes and goes maybe 2 or 3 times a day, just like a dull ache... any help?
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
whew i feel better-  usually when i menstrate- i have back cramps instead of stomache ones- these are similar
Blank
i have had back and stomach aches since the begining, and alot of cramping, but thank God no bleeding, my doc says that its my body adjusting to the pregnancy, i am 11 weeks now, he told me not to worry unless i start bleeding, so i wuld just check for that.
good luck!
Blank
I just found out I'm four weeks along (two weeks since conception - that's so confusing to me!), and I've been having back pain too, pretty mild, dull pain, nothing sharp. I asked my dr. yesterday, and he said that's normal as your body adjust to the hormones, esp if you've had back pain in the past, which I have. I think you're fine unless the pain increases and is followed by heavy cramping, which could signal a miscarriage.
Blank
That would mean that you are 6 weeks also, just like the original post.
Blank
I am 9 weeks and I have had on and off back pains throughout the pregnancy, as I also did with my first two.
Blank
Back ache can be common in early pregnancy as your uterus adjusts , also late pregnancy due to the added weight your carrying around  But if it is severe back pain, or with bleeding I would see a doctor asap.
Blank
Okay, there is no dani91 - that's me minus one LOL. Sorry. :)

I do think it's four weeks though.
Blank
Dani91 - cool! I picked 92, because that's the year I graduated from high school.

My last period was June 15, conceived around June 29, four weeks along now, according to my dr.
Blank
Hi there,

I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have had lower abdomin (abdomen) and lower back dull-ache since 4 weeks pregnant. This has been mild and intense to the point where I think something must be wrong. The severe aching (where Im up at night bent over and pacing back and forth) lasts about 40 -60 minutes. The dull aching discomfort can last up to 2 hours, but can also come and go throughout the day. I have not had any bleeding - everytime I go to the toilet, I check to see if there is blood but there isnt. I understand form what I have read that moderate pain is common, but do women get intense aching like me?
Blank
I had a miscarriage in Sept 2011 I am now pregnant again and am worried about having another miscarriage. I have has back pain dull not sharp and groin pain especially on the left side. Can anyone help I'm so worried
Blank
I have a pulling pinching in my left abdomen that goes around to my lower left back and then down my leg and when I stretch my leg it helps a little but not much I am 6 weeks 2 days. I have had an ultra sound they ruled out tubal pregnancy because my gestational sac was viewed. I have also had light spotting but with no cramping and I am not spotting right now but having these pulling pinching feelings. I go to my doctor apt in 2 days, Thanks if anyone can help explain this
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...