Maternal & Child Community
Back in the saddle again!/OPEN FORUM if needed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning ladies,
First off, let me start by saying Thankyou to all of your kind words and support yesterday with my blues. I took all of your advice and DH and I have an appointment on the 28th @ the fertility clinic (scary). But in the meantime, my lovely AF showed this am and actually I was really happy to see her considering she was 9 days late and I had a negative blood test. So even though DH's sperm count is low, I still did get prego in March, so i figure what the hell might as well try again this month until we get into the feritlity clinic. So I went to the store bought musinex and robitusin and ordered preseed. I dont have hardly any CM at ovulation so I thought these would help.

Does anybody know how I should use the musinex and robitusin? I have heard of people using them to increase CM but not sure exactly when to start taking them.

Thanks for all you help! Love you ladies!!!!!!
Brynn
Not sure about the Robitussin, I didn't use it, but you're gonna LOVE the PreSeed! Baby Dust!
So happy to see that you have made an appt. Good luck. I did use
pre-seed and loved it but never used either of the other 2.
can someone tell me how the preseed works as i am thinking about ordering some
I think you just squirt it up there-lol and then get to Bding! I think but I could be wrong.
lol, fair enough, at first i thought it was a tablet as everyone says they only tried it once n got pregnant! its a miracle squirt!
I posted this in an open forum below, but I think it kinda got lost. Since this is also an open forum:

Okay, I have an annoying problem. I have a pain in my upper middle left side of my abdomen (if that makes sense). It feels like a cross between sore and gas. I've had it since Tuesday, so I doubt it's gas. I'm only 11w5d and am not showing at all, so I know it's not uterus pushing. Do you guys think It's just sore. I don't know what else it would be. Sometimes I think it's nothing and other times it really hurts. ???
I had that same thing with my DD, my dr. said it was just everything moving around. Maybe you pulled a muscle too, everything is so much more sensitive and ligaments and muscles are moving around. If it doesnt go away soon, talk to your dr. but I think its probably OK. Good luck in your pregnancy, hopefully I will be there soon!!!
I had the same thing but mine was right sided. I still think it is the muscles of the abdomen stretching in preperaton for the growing uterus and baby. I still get is occas and sure enoug it is usually right before my stomach gets even bigger than it already is. I swear I am all baby. :)
glad she showed up :) - it's funny when we say that on here, no? i just wanted to mention something about the low sperm counts. now what i'm going to say i don't have proven facts...to give you so it's an either worth a try or it's not. i was told once to have dh eat almonds and dates before bding - i think it's said to help the sperm (don't know which way though - count, mobility...). i did this once - my first time i got pregnant - it could be it was what helped and it could be not, but i figured can't hurt to try it's just dates and almonds. also, the same woman who told me to do that told me to drink some wine (not a lot, but some) before bding - i don't know the reasonings behind this, but hey why not? good luck with everything.
I have had two miscarriages since last November and now I am pregnant again. Today begins the sixth week of pregnancy. I keep waiting for it to happen again. My husband is going out of town next week. Every time he goes out of town I have a miscarriage so I am becoming very anxious. Do these feelings ever go away?? When do you start to be positive and enjoy the pregnancy???
I have tried using Robitussin.  I don't think you also need to use Mucinex, though, they do the same thing.  I take 2 tsps of Robitussin 3X daily from about day 7 onward until I think I've ovulated.  It's supposed to thin out the mucus so the sperm get through easier.  I have read about it in a couple of books and online.  However, make sure you are getting only plain Robitussin where guanaifsen (not sure how to spell that) is the main/only ingredient.  Anything else can actually dry mucus which of course isn't what you want! Also, there are cheaper off-brands or store brands that I try.  I think the Target brand is just called "Tussin"...
Micinex and regular Robitussin are both the same medication, generic name Guaifinasen. You can't take them both at once, or you'll be so sorry. Also make sure to drink a lot of water. This makes it work better, and thins your CM so the little swimmers can go farther.
I am so sorry you feel this way but i completely understand.  my first pregnancy was a textbook picture perfect pregnancy.  i NEVER thought about MC and comopletely enjoyed the experience.  Well, then i had a mc the second pregnancy and now this third is definately tainted by that experience.  I was not nervousin the first trimester but i was very distanced from the whole fact taht I was pregnant.  just didnt want to get thrilled about it to set me up for another disaster.  now in my 14th week, i am feeling much more confident even knowing intellectually, you are never really in the clear but i am ready to enjoy this pregnancy.  I am not having the same symptoms as the mc pregnancy so i have to keep remembering this is a different one.  I think as tiem goes on you will feel better week by week.  As each US shows a strong heart and growing baby, you will feel better.  You just kinda have to let go of the reins and say, I have no control of this so let me enjoy each day for what its worth.  Only time will heal.

good luck

good luck
i don't think that the anxiety will go away until you at least past the point of your last m/cs and your husband comes back. i understand completely the fear - except that i have yet to be pregnant with my 3rd. i m/c the first 2 and am sure that even though i was tested and know that probable cause was mhftr mutation (blood clotting disorder), which Thank G-d can be treated, i will still be a nervous wreck - especially until i pass the 7-8 week marker. i've even come to being nervous with taking now the prenatals that i took when i was pregnant b/c even though have nothing to do with it i'm just nervous so i've switched brands - of course yesterday ran out and had to take the other ones - and even though not pregnant yet (that i know of, at least) i was nervous to take them - crazy!! i know. i think though that you have to try to do things to lessen the anxiety - if that is relaxing on the couch with a good book or movie, or taking a bubble bath, or having a girls night out (without the drinks of course) or going with dh on his trip - of course only if you can and/or if don't have any other kids at home that need you there, or coming on here every single day to get reassurance and chat with the gals. whatever it may be - try to do something to relax yourself and take your mind off of it. i know it's so much easier said than done, but you really need to try or you'll drive yourself nuts (as if all of us on here don't do that already - no matter what stage we're in). anyway i'm thinking of you and hoping that all your worries and anxieties are for naught. hope all continues well and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.