Maternal & Child Community
Backache in early pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Backache in early pregnancy?

Can u get lower backache in early pregnancy???
Last time I was pregnant I had a lower back ache, and it came back the other day so hoping I will get a BFP next week. Good luck and lots of ***BABY DUST*** to you! When can you test?  I'm going to try Wednsday but might be to early.
i had lower back pain not really pain just kinda pressure on my back, and that was before i knew i was even prego. i found out by suprise, i was going in for the yearly exam that us ladys love and found out i was 4w2d pregnant. *good luck*
I'm sorry, but you don't even know if you're pg or not, yet you're asking about braxton hicks and lower back pain. Your AF isn't due yet, but you seem to think you're pg because you want to be and your manicure lady said so.

Snap back into reality, hon.
my post was to you.

Sorry aimntrev, I got your name confused with the op.
I don't think it is necessary to be rude to her.It's not strange for someone who really wants something to get excited at the possibility of it maybe being true.
This forum is a place to get and give support, not to criticize or judge because you think someone is getting a little too excited.
Your comment was out of line, and not kind at all.
I'm sorry, how much sunshine shall I blow up her ass? And how much for yours while I'm at it?
Isn't it possible to get people like nickle14 kicked off the site? This is WAY out of line and I thought I heard you can report this kind of abuse and the person will get kicked off--is that right?
Yes, kick me off because I suggested she snap back into reality. Go ahead, Jenny, if that makes you feel good.

It must be nice to live in a world of sugar, rainbows, and unicorns.

baby dust to all, and sorry for those who want to live in the land of make believe.
Oh my God, I don't believe what I just read.  I certainly hope no one new comes on today and reads this nonsense. If you are having a bad day, please don't take it out on everyone on this site.  NOBODY here wants to read that kind of negative, critical, insensitive stuff.  Please don't come back until you can be a SUPPORT to whoever you respond to, if you can't then DON'T respond,  and keep it to yourself.
I would rather live in a world of sugar, rainbows and unicorns than cynicism, anger and rudeness.

She is just plain excited--and it's not necessary for you to shoot her down just because YOU deem it "unrealistic."

For alot of people, the only way they stay sane through all the pain of TTC is to be positive, hopeful, and happy.
Please realize this is all she is trying to do.

It's not necessary to be rude, or use swear words. I feel bad for you that you are a bitter person, and I mean this sincerely.

I would only want someone like you off the site because you bring people down who are asking for help and hope.That is why we come here---for help and hope.
You gave neither, and were vulgar and rude on top of it.

YOU ARE OUT OF LINE! She can ask any question she wants here! You should consider going to the mental health issues board if you choose to be so negative and rude! I was always asking questions when we were ttc and was stuck in 2ww hell  just waiting!

Yes you can experience lower back pain early in pregnancy....even when it's too early to test! I learned this firsthand! Just as long as there is no severe cramping with it!
Good luck and try to stay positive! And don't let her discourage you....it's ok to be excited about getting pregnant! And please don't leave the boards because of this negative experience....most the people are very nice and helpful here!
i hate yo say it but nickle14 is right!!!
Did I miss something?  I don't read anywhere in the poster's question about Braxton Hicks, not getting her AF yet or anything about a manicurist.  She simply asked if it is possible to have lower back pain in early pregnancy?  For all we know, she may have already gotten her BFP.  These boards have changed recently.  Makes me sad... To answer your question, I did have lower back aches as well as abdominal pain in early pregnancy.  Good luck!
Wow!  Pretty touchy.  I'm pretty sure, I was just asking you a question, cranky pants.
Perty - I still don't see what the big deal is?  There is no need to speak to me like I am an idiot.  I have been visiting this site for over a year.  No, I don't read every single thread b/c quite frankly, I am busy.  When I reply (which is rare), it is based on the question that is asked at that moment not on previous posts.  Besides, there are ways to answer a question that you think is "stupid" without being rude. Let's face it, there are alot of repetitive questions on this site that may seem silly to us but they are not silly to the poster, just don't reply!  

I have met some amazing, supportive women on this site during some very difficult times but the overall tone of the site has definitely changed.
i think i missed something... cause things seem to be getting a bit touchy... i think i'll stick to the question and provide my experiences. I received my BFP a few days before AF was due. The very next day after my BFP, i started having AWEFUL lower back cramps. they did start before i would have had AF, and continued for over 2 weeks. it wasn't constant... they came and went. but when they came, they were very uncomfortable. i normally get AF cramps in my lower back, and that's where the pain was (due to tilted uterus??) according to DR, it was my uterus expanding and can be common.
ok i think that she is out of line this site is for people who are nice and understanding not rude and bitter. And to answer your ? i have lower back pain right now and I am 6 weeks prego hope that makes you feel better and sticky baby dust to you
My goodness this is my first day here, and I am mortified!!! Lol... I did post a question on another thread and got some answers which were nice, but this thread is really scary. I don't think it is anyone's place to judge, if you have nothing nice to say, I have always been taught to just say nothing at all. My question on the thread I posted may have seemed "dumb" or whatever, but I am thankful for those people who have answered in a supportive way, and not a demeaning one! We are all here for support, advice, and maybe to just ask some questions that may be out of this world, but that is what the board is for!

Maybe some of us have no one around us who have gone through these things, and we are just reaching out for some support, we don't need a "slap in the face". We are all "sisters", we are all going through similar things and that is why we are here, lets lift one another up, and be supportive, and offer some advice or comfort if we can!

Take care and God bless! =)
You know, there have been a lot of repeat and pointless questions lately. Initially, I thought the unlimited # of posts was a good thing, but I don't think so anymore. I've been cruising the fertility and womens forum more...kind of weaning myself from the maternal forum. Which makes me kind of sad because this was the forum that brought me here in July '05.
Yes, I believe you can get lower backache in early pregnancy, and while menstruating, sitting too long at a computer...

Is a sissy la la like a silly noo noo?

Aren't you being one by calling her one?  Just wondering.
No, too answer fully, you only need to be honest! Sure her manicurist might have told her that, but maybe she's been trying for awhile and is really hoping to be pregnant! She most likely just found it too be a big coincidence that her manicurist brought it up out of thin air! I know that I was surprised when I was told by a coworker that she thought I was pregnant randomly one day when I was ttc and low and behold I was. It just made it all the more funny to laugh and joke about with her when I did find out! For crying out loud, if she would have never posted the coincidental conversation she had with her manicurist no one would even care about this question. We'd just answer her and be on our way! I really liked this site at first, but it's getting really catty. For all of you helpful, sweet and friendly girls...you should consider moving to babysnark.com for your questions and advice! It's a great MODERATED site where all of this horrible stuff doesn't occur!
I'm pretty sure you made it her business when you responded to her.  Just sayin my friend.
Thank you.  Love the name btw.  Seems like there are a few ladies with their knickers in a knot on this forum, huh?
well my post is gone but im not. im not a biotch.i tell it like it is. sorry it doesnt go over well with you. you know ,,,,calling me a b word can get you kicked off as well  :)
all is well now
Perty Kitty.....not to drudge up yesterday's problems, but just to be clear....I was responding to nickle with what I had said...not you! I think there was some confusion there!
She knows who you were talking to, but she was agreeing with me.
unbelievable.....
in response to original ?   Absolutely possible to have lower back pain.  we couldn't be so lucky to have Nickle experience it for her entire pregnancy.  It is not any fun...believe me.  Mine started before AF was due, and it carried right through to delivery!  Doctor said it was hormones!
did she really say she wanted nickle to experience pain?? wow. the ones that complain the most are the ones that called me a b word and wished pain to nickel. hmmm i wonder who the real meanies are!
I did experience back pain every day up until I m/c'd. And maybe for a little while after that.
Why isn't comment # 28 deleted?  Is there a conspiracy going on here?
well i may be a b-. but i am also so much more haha.
surprisebaby:  i missed your nasty comment to nickle the first time through.  you actually wished someone a painful pregnancy?  you should be ashamed of yourself.  you must not believe in notions such as "karma".  

Mrs2me:  welcome to the site!  always to have a nice person added to the board.  don't pay attention to the some of the people who've posted here.  most of the people on medhelp are really nice and can handle a little give-and-take without resorting to four (or five!) letter words!
Yes, I believe I did answer her question, before others told me things were none of my business.

"Yes, I believe you can get lower backache in early pregnancy, and while menstruating, sitting too long at a computer..."
don't be surprised when you have responses to a post when you call someone on this site a b**ch.  i generally assume if someone calls a woman that sort of thing, they're looking for a fight or an escalation of tension.

and while i'm at it, there is a difference between "blunt" and "rude".
My goodness.  I just joined today and I'm appalled at "Lynne" for using such language.  Please grow up!
Welcome!  I hope you like it here.  Not everyone is as nasty as that Lynne.  Her comment from above should have been stricken from the record, but it's not happening for some reason.
Why thank you for the welcome.  I'm just trying to read all of these subjects and it's a bit overwhelming.  I see it make not take long to find out who's the bad apple around here.  Again, thank you for welcoming me to the site!
Ladies how sad that you all seem to be using this site as a slanging match.Has anybody actually answered her question?
OK, I understand people come here for support....but there's certain questions that people post here that are totally...hmmm...let's say....just.....they could be easily answered by themselves.....so, if someone is asking something like 'hello, I am 2 dpo, i feel cramps and milk is coming out of my breasts, lower back pain, and headache....my belly is so bloated....AM I PREGNANT???'...the best answer she can get is 'GO AND TAKE AN HPT!!!!' then again, let's be realistic people, at 2 dpo you WILL NOT find any answers, i know this is probably not the original poster's case, but come on! if you are not sure you are preggo or not, instead of assuming you are, go take a test.....the reality of not being pregnant, getting your nasty period after being wondering (or almost sure) you are preggo is by far!!! more painful than people telling you 'NO, you are not pregnant'.....

I've been that road girls.....it's hard to fall from your castles in the clouds......

when the word but is after an apology, you really just took it back. let it go everyone!! just let it go.
just explaining why i lashed out to begin with...
My last pregnancy was 9 months of pure PAIN.  All of it was in my back.  Doctors all said it was hormones.  I tried chiropractors, accupuntures, massage therapists and nothing worked.  After giving birth to my beautiful baby girl, the pain went away!  So in answer to original question...pregnancy hormones can cause back pain.  Sorry for wishing pain on Nickle, but her rudeness was insensitive to original poster.  I know two wrongs don't make a right...my bad! :(
I have just found this site and I think this is a really good question.  I am 5w 2d and I have been having a lot of lower back pain.  The doctor told me it was just pressure of the growing uterus.  I have had 2 miscarriages so I have been really worried.  I do have a beautiful 6 year old daughter.  I am glad to know I'm not the only person experiencing early back pain.
I am 3dpo and have some lower back pain and pain on my right side. And experienced some pain in my upper leg today. Some mild cramping in my stomach. I usually don't get these pains until my cycle which is not due until the 27th. And I only experience them like 2 days b4 then. Someone please give me some insight on this