Bad cough, pregnant, and not sure what to take. Any suggestions?
I have had a dry cough for 4 days and now it seems phlem like.  I know tmi, but i am worried it might be an infection.

doc told me to take robitussin, and wrote zithromycin antibiotic.  This was all through the phone so they dont know what it going on in my chest.  

What have any of you done to clear this up.  Any safer alternatives?

That's about as safe as you can get. If regular robitussin doesn't work, try Vicks 44D cough syrup. It lasts longer, and is ok during pg. Call your Dr if you're unsure though.
I am no help because I've been too freaked out to take even Tylenol. I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and hoping that you start feeling better soon. Best wishes!
Thank you gals,  I appreciate it.
I have similar symptoms and my family dr. prescribed azitrhomycin. I am on my second day and don't feel much better yet, but the dr. said in 2-3 days it should start to clear up. I'm also taking tylenol b/c i have had bad sinus headaches. I really didn't want to have to take any antibiotics, but I was sick for over 2 weeks and wasn't getting better.
I also have symptoms that are consistent with yours.  I starting coughing (dry) like 2 wks ago w/ congestion, raspy voice and some sore throat symptoms.  This week, however, it became more productive w/ green phylemn being coughed up.... sorry, tmi.  Anyway, I absolutely could not take it any longer so I went to the emergency room and was prescribed the Z pak as well as some Robotussin AC.  

Now, with the Z pak, it was tested with pregnant animals (I know, I know) and was considered fine to give to pregnant women--but, this Robotussin, it clearly states on the warning that this product WILL IN FACT CAUSE FETAL HARM.  I recommend that you do not take the robotussin at all.  Get you some cough drops or something to help.  As with the Azithromycin *Z pak*, it should be okay.

I hope you feel better.  This is my 2nd day on the Z pak and I didn't wake up coughing up the green yucky stuff so that is a real plus for me.

wifeynmommy
6 months preggo~
I am 5 month pregant  with a bad cough only what cani do