Basal Body Temperatures
Hi, my BBT was 36.2 on the day i was due to menstate & the day after, but today it's 36.7, what does this mean please? (my cycles have gone from 27-29 days in the last 7 months & now, today is day 30...I'm 40 years old & have no children [yet!] even though all my exes either already had kids, or have had them since with other women)
Hi!
Usually BBT raises at the time of ovulation and persists at this high range if a woman conceives. If your BBT rose after the day the periods were expected, then either the measurement was wrong or you are likely to have a long cycle and have just ovulated. Hormonal imbalance can also cause a difference in temperature measurement. If you have been having problem conceiving, buy an ovulation prediction kit and try close to ovulation. Also, consult a gynecologist ti find why you have unable to conceive. Take care!