Been trying to conceive for 7 months.... just been diagnosed with Hypothyroid!!
I'm 19 years old and had irregular periods from the age of 14 and they have just started to settle down and vary from 28-32 days. i have all the fertility tests (Laparascopy, ovulation, scans) they have all come back normal. ive been trying to conceive since March this year, but still had no luck. I had the implant out in January this year after having it for 6 months, i was concerned that this maybe why im not concieving, but went to the doctors last week after being told many times i had mild hypothyroid, but docs have just decided to start treating me for it since Monday Levothyroxine 25mcg. just wondering if this is why im having trouble concieving? and if maybe this will increase my chances now its being treated?
Hi!
Yes, women with thyroid disorders can become pregnant provided their thyroid function is under control and they do not have any other associated problems like polycystic ovary or diabetes or liver disorders. In this case, all these disorders will need to be treated and brought under control before pregnancy is attempted. I suggest you consult an infertility specialist because they are the best people to help you. Otherwise, if your thyroid is under control, you can try. Today the chances of conceiving and carrying forward a full term pregnancy with a healthy baby are high. Take care!