Maternal & Child Community
Being sick while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Being sick while pregnant

Boy do I feel lousy today.  I'm thinking I have a cold, but no nasal congestion, just congestion in the throat and lungs.  I have a very congested cough, and have been coughing up phlem this morning.  Is this something I should contact my dr or midwife about?  Or is there nothing I could take anyway? I'm in my 15th week.
hey I had congetion being pregnant its probley just the polin (pollen) in the air I dont think you have anything to worry about but if it makes you feel better call your doctor well good luck with your pregnancy...
Hey Michele sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy.  I had a bad cold for about 4 days last month and the dr said Tylenol cold or anything made by Tylenol was safe.  I of course did not take anything though.  I just suffered.  I have read that all of that stuff such as allergies and nasal congestion get worse during pg like we don't feel bad enough.  Are you having anymore symptoms (I know you were a little worried about that) Are you feeling movement???  I think I am.  Also do you find you are starting to get hot???  I live where it is 35 degrees right now and I am sitting at work with a fan.  Well Hang in there.  I would put a little ringa ding ding into the dr or midwife just to make sure they will allow you to take something.  Hang in there.  Talk to you later.
Thanks for the feedback.  I have a Dr's appt tomorrow morning.  Figure it's better to have it checked out.  As well, one of the girls from down the hall came down after I was coughing and told me I sounded really bad (like it was deep in my chest) and I should go check it out.
Blondie -  I'm not sure if I feel movement yet, sometimes I think I do, but I'm not sure what it should feel like (this being my first one, everything is so new).  The last few days I've been sore, kinda like if you overwork your muscles. Mainly in my sides, between my rib cage and hips.  I guess it is just the uterus growing.  I finally gave in on Saturday and wore maternity clothes.  I had a funeral to go to, and I knew none of my regular black pants would fit.  Now after experiencing the comfort, I may pack away my regular clothes sooner that I had planned.  Blondie, are you showing much?  I find if I'm standing straight (good posture) it's not that noticeable, except for I don't have a waistline anymore. But if I relax my stance at all, I have a good size belly going on.
the first  movements are fluters and feels like something raceing across in your belly hard to explain its awsome though good luck..
I am showing but I was "showing" before I got pg.  LOL!!!!  This is my 3rd pg and second baby and they say you tend to show quicker with each one but I still have that nasty flabby skin on my stomach from my first that never went away and people asked me if I was expecting when I was NOT!!!!!  I am in maternity shirts I just got some elastic waste pants for right now but soon I think I have to go to the lovely stretch panel in the front soon. O Well.  Let us know how the appt goes.  Take Care.
the first time i ever felt my son move it kind of felt like butterflies in your stomach feels.  just wait until your about 7 months and the baby doesn't like your posture, so they stick there foot under your ribs and push until you move to soot them.

feeling the baby move is the most awsome thing i've ever felt

good luck
so when are your due dates?