Maternal & Child Community
Best ovulation charts/calendars

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Best ovulation charts/calendars

Hi Ladies,

Newbie here!

I have been reading this board for all of two days and I have gotten a lot of good information! Thanks

Now about me:

I have 2 little girls (8 and 9 years old) and my hubby is desperatly wanting another one soon (I think he wants a boy. Too much woman-hood running around for him)

I had a a miscarriage in June of this year (Nov. 2004-MC/July 2005-Ectopic/June2006-MC) and I was wondering what is the best way to chart ovulation? I spoke to this lady in the doctors office and she said yourdays.com.
Well, this one is not working for me.
Do you think a OPK is better?
How much do they usually cost?

After my MC, my Dr. said everything was fine and that I could start TTC again after my first AF.

Ladies if you will, please advise.

What is the best way to chart ovulation?

(Sorry so long)
Hello and welcome mrs_starr!!  Well, I use the clearblue easy OPK.  I don't know if it's the best, but it works for me.  Several ladies use Answer brand and even a $ store brands.  But, with the clearblue easy kit you really need to start using it early enough to at least get one negative so that you can compare and know what a positive should look like.  With the OPK's a faint line is negative, where as with a HPT a faint line would be a BFP!! :)  So, you have to be able to compare the lines.  The test line should be "as dark as" or "darker than" the control line to be considered positive.  And after you get that first positive, you should O within 24-36 hours.  Don't make the mistake that I did and missed my O date.  I got 5 + in a row one month because once I caught my surge, I kept on testing, hence no BFP! Only a BFN HPT!! :(  Also, when you temp, make sure you take your temp at the same time every morning "before" getting out of bed.  Before you O (during your period) your temp will be slightly low and right after you O up until your next af your temp will rise.  AND if you got prg, your temp will stay elevated at around 98.5-99.2.  Whew! Hope this helps.

Good luck!  :)
use fertility friend.com
Hi, i have this chart and absolutely love it,...called Everwoman's Lunar Calendar...you can purchase it at
www.jadeandpearl.com
good luck!