Maternal & Child Community
Beta HCg level question - early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I got a positive pregnancy test on Monday. Tuesday I was bleeding with mild cramping. My Beta hCG on Tuesday was 44, tested again on Thursday was 55. I have stopped bleeding and cramping. (no clots or passing tissue either)
I have read that an average hcg on 15 dpo is 59. If I ovulated a bit later that I thought, that is where I would be.

What are the chances this is viable?
Well the ideal is that it would double in 2 days.  Lets keep our fingers crossed.  It could be too early keep us posted

lisa
To illustrate the limitations of looking at a single measurement, here is a sample reference list for HCG levels in singleton pregnancies, based on days past ovulation (DPO):

* At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml
no wonder with dd, when i asked to know my hgc level the nurse laughed and said oh you're definitly pregnant....i think i was 22 or 23 dpo and had and hgc level of almost 8,000....of course we found out later that i got pg a week earlier than we thought i did.

good luck and let us know what your numbers are doing i hope they climb and climb
nanci
My sister had the invitro fertilization done.  Her LMP began 8/7 on the 8/19 she had the procedure.  Her pg test came out + on 9/9.  She had blood drawn on 9/10 and on 9/12 for hcg levels.  Today they told her that her levels on 9/10 were 65 and 75.  She is devastated.  She's been trying for 5 years.  This was the first positive pregnancy test she has gotten.  She's retesting next week, but she just thinks she will loose this pregnancy.  Isn't 65 and 75 kind of low anyways.  Could the lab be wrong or is that just an indication that something is wrong with he pregnancy.
It shows it could be a problem with the pregnancy.  but do not dispair.  wait for the next draw and see what happens.  I will tell you after 4 yrs of if i got pregnant. my 1st beta was 656 and that was 14 days post ovulation. (i was carrying quintuplets.) it kept going up.. but i hit a  point where i did not double.  Out of the 5 babies i only delivered 1 baby. (thank god a beautiful aby boy) the other 4 babies terminated inside of me during my pregnancy. Well.. I often wonder that the times when my betas were a little weird if it was when one of the babies were miscarrying.  (just a theory.. no too sure if there is any truth at all but a theory) lets pray for her and please keep us posted

lisa

lisa
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Talked to my Dr., he said it isn 't hopeful, but we are drawing blood again on Monday. Looking for 300-500 minimum to be viable, i'll let you all know!
I went to the hospital today suffering from a seizure. I found out that I am pregnant. I didn't think this was possible since I have had a bilateral tubal ligation.Obviously it is :D The doctor told me my HCG level was 920. He wants to wait until it reaches about 1100 (Monday at the latest) to do an ultrasound. From what I'v seen on this forum that means I am about 20-22 days past ovulation. I never thought of this happening obviously since I've had my tubes tied. My big question I suppose is how early can they tell where the baby is (as far as if it is in my tube or in the uterus)
I had a tubal pregnancy in 2002 after having a tubal ligation in 1994.  In the beginning I was assured this was a normal pregnancy.  (My doctor was on vacation, this is what his replacement was saying, even though he had never seen me and was only going by my HCG levels.)  I had spotted the entire time, I never spotted with my other pregnancies. Again I was assured that this is normal for many women. I had two ultra-sounds done, I believe they were around 6 and 7 weeks into my pregnancy.  They couldn't see anything in my uterus but thought maybe it was too early.  My bleeding became heavier and I went to the ER, they said my HCG levels were not of a normal pregnacy.  Still no one knew where the pregnancy was.  I continued to bleed, passing large clots.  It finally slowed down and I had assumed I had a M/C.  I FINALLY got in to see my doctor who did another ultra sound and found the pregnancy in my tube.  He also found that the tube had ruptured.  I had no pain at all from this and was feeling fine physically. They did immediate surgery and removed my tube.  I was 8 weeks pregnant.  

From what I have read, it can be difficult to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy.  This may be true but I feel things may have been found out sooner for me if I could have seen a GYN earlier than I did.

It was a horrible emotional rollar coaster ride.  I hope you don't have to go through it.  Best wishes to you.
My first beta was 52.  Two days later only 62.  My doctor is afriad it may be eptopic.  I had my third blood draw today.  I'm very worried.  Does anyone have any advice?
Hello this is my first time on the forum and have a question i'd like help with, as the docs aren't knowing too much.
I went for my first blood test at 11 dpo and it was at 48mlu, which to what i have researched seems normal???

Went again, 24 hrs later 9/19 and it had risen but definetly not double, was at 64 mlu. That is now 13 dpo. I'm not sure what this could mean, my friend thinks it's just early days but the docs seem to think it's a ectopic and now has hubby and i going stir crazy. it's our first pregnancy so aren't too sure what to expect.

Levels are rising slowely but like i said i feel that i am average for this many days past ovulation. What do you guys think? I started spotting 5 days after ovulation ans still are but reall pin size amounts. Over night i don't spot, cramps have settled. Any help is great, cheers.
Dear Rettsie,

It looks like we're in the same boat.  I had my third beta's drawn and they went up to 92.  I feel this is promising, but my doctor thinks it's eptopic.  I go in today for an ultrasound.

The statisitics show that if beta levels are slow to rise, there is a 1 in 3 chance of eptopic.  I've done plenty of research, however, and have heard miracle stories come out of such numbers.  My doctor also said it is a sign of a pregnancy destined to miscarry.

I know it's hard, but keep your chin up...assume you're having a normal pregnancy until proven otherwise.

This is our first pregnacy too.

Take care and keep us posted,

Tiffi
Just wondered if anyone can help me out.......I just found out I'm pregnant! I'm getting very nervous though as I'm almost 42 years old and have miscarried 2x in the last 3 years. I really don't want to lose this one. The Dr. confirmed yesterday I tested positive with my Hcg level of 200. He wants to retest this week. His nurse says when my levels reach 1000 then he will do an ultra sound. My LMP was Aug 15. Is a level of 200 normal for this date in time. The nurse says it's been two to three weeks since conception. Just wondered what the average range is what it should be a week later?
Allie 3,

Those levels looks great.  Go to www.betabase.info to see charts regarding where levels should be.  I've always been told, it's not the level, but how it doubles.  

I'm happy for you.
Allie that does sound great from what i have researched also.
Doubling is very important, i will know tonight what my levels are doing and which road i'm heading down.

Tiffi i feel you right now, it's annoying waiting...and waiting and getting more blood work. I have just heard from a friend who knows a lady who's levels are low (around ours) and is carring fine, the baby is a bit smaller than what it should be but no reason why it can't be healthy. My doc is also saying "ectopic" but they also said it to another person i know, who is in the clear.

You just don't know. I will demand a u/s, they are saying i'm 4 weeks pregnant, but i know i conceived 2 weeks ago yesterday. It's weird the way they do it from your last menstrual cycle. My fingers are crossed for you all. Let me know how you go Tiffi, i'll let you know tomorrow. Good luck x
Rettsie,

Well, my last beta was 92 and I had more blood drawn today.  My doubling rate is 84, BUT, the ultrasound looked great. I too am just a tad over 4 weeks. No eptopic and the lining is extrememly thick, cervix is closed, no cramping or bleeding.  My doc said there is definitely hope, but we just need to keep watching the numbers.  I hate the numbers game. I have a friend who was told she wouldn't even have one baby from her beta numbers and she ended up with twins! Sometimes I feel like not going to the clinic for one month!  Let me know how you're doing!  I'll be thinking about you.

Allie-let us know how you are too!
Tiffi...sounds like things are looking promising for you.
I booked into a obgyno app in 2 weeks...again waiting.
Today, first morning urine, i had some blood with it...not alot and i have told this to the dr on my visit..she said it can sometimes be normal. Still spotting, but no cramping.

My mom had her period for 6mths when she was pregnant to my brother, she didn't even know she was pregnant in actual fact.
I haven't felt nause and not extra hungry...breast are still tender. So your levels never doubled...but rose? You'll be fine, my fingers are crossed for you darls. x
Could I still carry a healthy baby? I have had almost 3 weeks of beta hcg testing (twice a week for 3 weeks, and this is my third week)

My first beta hcg came back of 35
My second beta hcg came back at 86
My third (second week) came back at 338 plus my progesterone level was at around 12
My fourth (seond time, second week) came back at 450

My doctor put me on progesterone suppositories as of Tuesday, September 20th

My fifth (third week, first test) came back at 586.7.  This test was done at a different lab than the other ones so that he could get it back faster. My doctor has said that he cannot do a sonogram until my levels are around 2,000.  

The first day of my last cycle was August 1.  I am pretty sure that I conceived around August 22.  If you go by my last period I should be 7 weeks but my conception date is showing around 6 weeks.  

Does anyone have any suggestions for me or comments on my blood levels?
I'm not too good at all the technical details, but i can see that your levels are rising, some are doubling...which i know i is ment to be great. Hang in there, i can't see a problem..slow rising like me.
Wait and see how the u/s goes and keep us posted. x
Hi All ,

On wednesday 14/09/05 i found out i was pregnant, i never even had a suspicion that i was as i was having what i thought was pmt like pains, but my sub-concious told me to take a test and yes it was positive. My/partners initial reaction was a mixed one, been 25yrs and in a relationship for 1.5 years and coming from a strict catholic family.
At the end of the day my partner and i came round to the idea and began to get very excitied.
Then sunday 18/09/05 i started to have what felt like bad period cramps and bleeding with one clot, i went to my local A&E immediately, i had several abdominal and internal examinations.
The gynae Doctor ? etopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
I was admitted over night for observations, and i had no further bleeding.
My HCG on admission Sunday 18th was 261 which they said was critical, on the monday 19th i had a transvaginal ultrasound scan which according to the doctor looked fine but no fetal pole was seen, the doctor suggested this was because i was only about 5 weeks pregnant and at this early in preganancy it's difficult to see, also during the scan a CYST IN MY RIGHT OVARY was seen.
I was discharged from hospital that day and returned the following day 21st for another blood test to check my HCG level again. unfortunately it has dropped from 261 to 82 in 48hours.
I found these results out myself last night as i am a nurse at the same hospital and checked up the computer, the gynae clinic still have not called me th let me know it's been 1.5 days....
So am i miscarrying or am i still ok , is there anything i can take to help increase my level???
Well i have some good news! Got my hcg levels done again tonight, and yep they've doubled with a bit extra. Tonight they were at 144 with my progest 50. So guys there is hope for all of you, levels can rise over night. Be hopefull and never give up!! The doctor did say that i was spot on with my conception date, i am technically only 2 weeks and 1 day but in medical terms i'm 4 weeks.

I hope you all have some good news soon, chin up and fingers crossed. I will be thinking of you all xx
Holland,

Unfortunately, once the levels drop, there's nothing you can do.  I'm very sorry to hear your news.  The chances of you having a successful 2nd pregnancy are very high.  Keep your chin up!

Rettsie-numbers look great!  I still haven't heard about my new levels and the waiting is killing me.  I just have a little breast tenderness and no morning sickness (nothing's really changed).  Oh, I've been extremely tired from the very beginning though. Have you seen a dramatic change with the way you feel?  

Let me know how your next levels go!
Just call me paranoid but wanted to check with you all.....Every once and while I feel little twinges...almost like I'm going to start my period. I'm continually checking for spotting but nothing. Is this normal? As I mentioned yesterday my first Hcg test was 200 and don't go for my second until Friday. I've been feeling nausiated very frequently which I read that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. In my mind I'm hopeful as the last two pregnancies I miscarried there were no signs of morning sickness. I miscarried at weeks 9 and 10. Dr. has started me on progersterone supps. I hope this makes all the difference this time around.
Rettsie,

Well, my news isn't spectacular, but not awful either.  I went from 92 to 105 in one day.  That's half of what they wanted.  At first, doubling was 10% for two days, then 50% for two days, and now 15% for one day (should be 30% for one day they told me).  So, I'm kind of all over the place.  I only hope that the numbers go up over night because it's going to have to jump fast if we're to have any hope!  I go in for a 3-D u/s on Friday to double check we don't have an eptopic.

I'm sorry you have to wait 2 weeks!  It looks so good for you!

Tiffi
Hi Tiffi,

Try not to panic, it is rising and it was only one day..right?
Sometimes the docs can get it all wrong. You may only be 2 weeks like me. Would you believe my doctor also said to me, that we can't rule out an ectopic yet! They sometimes make you worry for nothing, my numbers doubled so not sure what she was on about.  

I still have to get another blood test in 4 days, it can still go either way...but praying that the only way is UP. Stay strong hun..that helps. I know it's hard too when you're in limbo. Oh and about the way i feel..no morning sickness (my mum never did either), it can still be early days for that. I am spotting and have been for 2 weeks but yesterday it was a real red for a moment..with a small clot, the doc said it can be normal (just a build up of blood). Yes, i got the pulling twinges always swapping sides. Tired yes,
moody YES, and just some breast tenderness (standard). But if you're not sick don't worry be greatful. It's still is a normal pregnancy even if you don't get sick. I never vomit anyhow, strong stomach. And no cravings, as yet.

Allie3, if that was your first hcg count then it looks good, but how many weeks are you again? Yes i got the twinges also, i think also it's nerves playing on you adding to the pain. Be strong also you are all in my thoughts...let us know how you both go. I'll do the same in 4 days. xx

Rettsie,

Possible eptopic for you???  I think they're being overly cautious because your situation sounds so hopeful. I hope the news is good for you in 4 days.  I bet it will be!

I should know something more by Friday.  The waiting game is the worst.  Thanks for your words of encouragement!!!  I'm not going to give up until the numbers head down...which I hope they won't!

What country are you from?  It sounds like Australia, New Zealand, or England.  You seem to have a British accent when you write.  I'm from the United States.

Allie-How are things going for you???
Tiffi,

You hit the nail on the head...Australia. I think it was the mum part which gave it away, sorry i should have wrote mom...heee. Where abouts in the states you from, i have been several times, i love IT. How old are you? I will be 30 in November :-)

Good luck with the u/s, 3-d that's amazing i haven't heard of that, must be like a transvaginal u/s. Try not to be too nervous and i'm going to force myself to STOP looking at info on the net, as i think that just adds to our nerves, the more horror stories you read the more scared you get.

Make sure you're taking folic acid tablets 400-500mg.
I still have to get some prenatal vitamins from my dr.

Chin up..xx
Rettsie,

I LOVE Australia!  I've been there twice (Sydney and Perth). I'm originally from Washington State, but have lived in California, Texas, Florida, Mississippi, and currently reside in Virginia.  (hubby's a pilot).  I'm 29.

I too stopped looking at statisitics on the internet.  I know 20% of women are not in the normal doubling range so I'm hoping I'm just one of them.  

We have transvaginal ultrasounds that aren't 3-d and those that are.  Pretty high-tech, huh?  I just hope they don't see anything yet.  I've decided to relax and accept whatever comes my way!

I hope you're feeling well and I'm crossing my fingers for good news for your next beta.

Talk soon!

Tiffi
Tiffi,

Good luck for today, your 3-d u/s...i will have my fingers crossed for you, let me know how it all goes. I live in Melbourne, just below Sydney and have all my life. I love Sydney but the peak hour...traffic is equal to what you'd find in N/Y.. nightmare!

I haven't been to Virgina..but Cali, Texas (just the airport)New York, Miami and a few others, and Hawaii like 3 times. We were there in Janurary for our hooneymoon...great wheather.

Well let me know how you go with it all, drop a email this is my address: ***@****

We can chat that way, leave the forum clear so others can discuss their questions. i will be away for the weekend so i will check it Monday, hope it's all GOOD NEWS. xx

I got some good news today......well at least I consider it good news. I got my results from my second blood test......first test confirming my pregnancy I was 200 and this past Friday, one week later it's 3281. I almost fell off the chair. I thought it seemed a little high but on the other hand I was very excited. I'm now booked in for an ultra sound for next tuesday. This number thing really does get to you. I've had 2 miscarriages over the last 3 years so am hoping I'm going to keep this one. I still haven't seen the Dr. but I am in touch with his nurse. I have a standing order for weekly blood tests. SO hope my numbers keep going up. I miscarried at weeks 9 and 10 before so I won't be at ease until I get to 12 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
That is FANTASTIC!! My goodnesss it has climbed alright.
You have to be happy with that, especially for only the second blood test done. My last one was on sunday and it was at 654, which they were only expecting around 300. So it seems we are just late starters.

I haven't seen an obgyno yet either, just a nurse and a normal doctor...booked in for a u/s this thursday, but not sure if they'll actually seen anything as i think it's a bit too early.
That will then give me another fright, and get me thinking. I heard that you can only really seen anything at around 6-7 weeks. I'm only 5. If they don't see anything, then they'll be taking more blood to see where my levels are at.

Goodluck with your u/s Allie 3 and keep me up to date, i haven't heard from Tiffi...hope she's fine. I will be thinking of you and yes, these first 3 months with all the talk about levels are the hardest. xx
I had a "+"hpt on 9-23-05. Went for blood test same day hcg was 78. 2 days later retested and it had only gone up to 95. Got progesterone results back on 9-25-05 it was only 15.5. Then had another hcg today it was up to 128. I have had 3 mc's and am praying soooo hard for this one to work. I have been feeling nauseated and have breast tenderness. I know that if I had only had one hcg test in this time frame they would say the numbers look ok, but since I have had 3 and still not doubling they say it doesn't look so good. My midwife did a pap today and said cervix definitely "looks" pregnant. I am just hoping that I'm off to a slow start and everything will take off soon.
I am very concerned. I had my LMP on or about 08/31/05 then I spotted for almost three weeks. On 9/22/05 I had my IUD removed, because my OB/GYN belived it was causing the spotting. Prior to her removing the IUD she never suspected a pregnancy, so did not do a test on me.
But something about my body and the way I was feeling, I had to do a home pregnancy test. To our surprise the test came back positive. My husband went out and bought three other tests. I tested once more that evening (+) and then in the morning (+). On Friday 08/23/05 I saw my doctor and we had a blood pregnancy test and that came back positive with an HCG level of 62. I had an abdominal ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound and both U/S revealed nothing. They could not see a thing.
My concern is an ectopic pregnancy.
So then I had to re-check my HCG levels two days later. On Sunday I had them re-checked and they went to 76.
Monday 08/26/05 I went back to the doctors and had the HCG levels re-checked and she was pretty certain the levels would be dropping to at least 25mIU. The levels were now up to 84.
I am no longer spotting (since Friday evening).
At this point she doesn't know what is going on with me. She says I'm a puzzle.
I am due to start my period again in about 3-4 days.
I have not missed a period. Could that be a reason why my levels are so low still? I read online that it's usually after 4-6 weeks after the LMP that the HCG levels begin doubling?
If anyone has any commnets or if any one has experienced this, please share.
This is definitely an unexpected pregnancy, but my gosh, if I have a baby developing inside me, I would be thrilled!
Wanted to wish you luck Thursday with your u/s. I'm not sure if it's too early yet to see anything. I know my Dr's nurse told me that when my levels reach 1000 then there is something actually to see on an u/s. My LMP was Aug 15th, so figure with my calculations I'm 6 weeks. With my first HCG being 200 I thought it would take me a few weeks to reach 1000, if it's true that it doubles every 72 hours. I was floored when a week later it was 3281. I thought it was a little high. Like I said earlier, I miscarried before at weeks 9 and 10. When they did those u/s's they told me the fetus was that of 6 weeks. I'm hoping that this one continues to develop past this point in time. I figure this is my last hope. I'm going to be 42 in November so have the age thing against me already. I do have two children already with no problems or complications. I'm convinced it's the age thing that's the reason for this happening. I'm praying that the progesterone suppositories are helping. Do you think that's why my levels increased so quickly? Are you on any progesterone supplements? Perhaps you can inquire with your Dr? The time sure seems to drag when your waiting for a week to go by to get your levels checked. It's going to be a long pregnancy and wonder at what point when they figure the danger has passed. Rettsie is this your first? Let me know how your u/s goes......I'll keep my fingers crossed. keep in touch!
hey Allie,

I went to the ER today because i had some unusual bleeding, it was a bit brighter than the usual brownish/pinkish but still it was very light. Anyway they did a u/s and saw NOTHING! They are saying that i am 6 weeks pregnant, but i know when i conceived (like i have mentioned) so to me i think i'm only 3wks and 1day.
They then mentioned that the u/s mechine can only see a embryo about 5mm in length. They took some more blood and then sent me upstairs to where the hi tech u/s could detect a embryo at even 2mm. The wait was a few hours so i left and have a appointment for tomorrow 9am. I rang the hospital to check what my Beta level was, and yes it's gone up. was 640 and today 1650. So that's a positive, as for the bleeding they didn't have a answer. Also it was in my urine, so they mentioned maybe a infection...i have never had a urine infection in my life, and i said it doesn't hurt when i urinate...plus i haven't had intercourse since i discovered i was pregnant (too worried at this stage). No i haven't taken any progestrone supplements, maybe i should...it could be 1 possibility as to why they've jumped so much (or there could be more than 1!!!!) No doctor has told me i need to, my local doc is useless...i think he gets all embarressed every time i ask a question related to pregnancy.
I think you'll be fine, your levels sound great to me...try not to think about it, sometimes it causes more stress than what's needed, these doctors like to make us panic. Yes, this is my first pregnancy, my husband and i just got married in Janurary, so we would be thrilled if it all goes to plan. My birthday is also in November, how weird. Email me at: ***@****

This way we can chat privately, i will be in touch and let you know how i go tomorrow, fingers crossed they see even the slighetest dot. Good luck with you...my fingers are also crossed for you.
So glad to hear your level is up.....you must have been surprised. It went up in a bit of a jump. Sounds like good news. Hope your second u/s goes well.......like I said my dr. says there's something to see at 1000 and the on internet I've read 1200. Did they do a vaginal u/s. If not then maybe that's why they never saw anything.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.....I'll be anxious to hear from you. Maybe when they do the u/s they will also send you for more blood work. If they think you have an infection did they do more tests for it or give you any meds for it? You'll have to keep me posted!
I'll email you..........watch for it....my email address is ***@****. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
Take care...........I know how excited I was for my first.....I'll never forget it.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for years and we finally got pregnent.. my hcg level was a 30 and I was 4 weeks pg from my last period and 2 weeks from my ovulation. I was told that was good. The Dr. put me on progesterone suppositories and would monitor my hgg levels.. I went back 2 days later it went from a 30 to a 30.9 which they said was not good. I went back 2 days later and it went from a 30.9 to a 36.6. They said its either eptopic or I was carrying twins and one did not make it. My question is... Could this progestone I am inserting be keeping my levels up? I have had no spotting or bleeding or cramping. If I miscarried would I bleed or have pains at this stage?  I am just wondering what anyones thoughts are and if they could give me any suggestions or good advice.

Thanks,

Laura
Hi...i have never miscarried so not too sure about it personally, but i have had friends who have at around 4 weeks pregnant, and yes you would bleed alot! You will feel it coming out like a heavy period...some women get cramps but not everyone. Your levels aren't doubling like they say they should, mine didn't at first but then they took off and doubled plus a bit extra each time. Go get more blood taken and prehaps try for a early u/s which can be done as early as 3 weeks. If it's ectopic they will be able to pick it up straight away.
Best of luck, keep us posted.
Hi everyone, my beta hcg levels at 6 weeks 193074, two days later 304303.  yup you read this right, not a typo.  6 weeks has been confirmed by ultrasound. any comments?
I am also worried about my high levels. At 6 weeks 3 days from last period my HCG was 250,358. My first read was high 1500 at 4 weeks 6 days and progesterone was high at 54. Two US say there is only one baby. We did get an US heartbeat with my last read(6w 3days). However my progesterone dropped from 70 to 63. Anyone ever hear of these levels being "normal?" I go back on Thur. 10-6 for more blood and US. This was natural conception after 4 and 1/2 years and three unsuccessful IVF cycles. I also have high FSH. Anyone out there have these kind of levels? All I have read about is "bad news!"
Ashleigh -- you posted on a really old thread (2005)...just copy and paste your question/comment and put it under POST QUESTION.

It may get overlooked here.
At 5 weeks 3 days my hcg level was 347, then two days later at 5 weeks 6 days my level was at 505. Im worried but I have high hopes. I just had another test today and I won't get those results until tomorrow but I have to go back in two days to get another test done.
My last period was 7/10 . I took hmp test 8/13/07 +. Started bleeding 8/13/07. hasn't stopped . Levels on 8/20 were 78. then on8/20 were 190. Then on 8/22 385. was told I am having a m/c by a clinic. Told things are fine by E.r. Doc. Ne 1 who can help?
Hi... I guess I'll fill you in with some info before my question. I'm 25 years old and have been pregnant 5 time in the last 3 years. My first pregnancy was a miscarry, then my second (3months later) was successful (healthy baby boy) I delivered 6 weeks early, my third (a year later) was an eptopic and my right tube was removed, my forth (18 months later) was also an eptopic but was in the stump of my right tube at which point the rest of that tube was removed and my last pregnancy (four months later) was a natural misscarry (08/09/07) no D&C done. For this last pregnancy I have had a lot of blood work done to check my HCG levels. My first HCG Level was done 07/27/07 and was 157 then on 07/29/07 it was 277 then on 07/31/07 it was 133. By the ninth I started to bleed...it wasn't as much as the doctor said it would be but definitely different then AF. My doctor said that he wanted more blood work done two weeks later to make sure my HCG levels were back to normal on 08/29/07 my level was 73.8... wasn't low enough so on 08/05/07 I had more blood drawn only to our surprise my level is going back up it was 98. So now for my question... Could this be the old pregnancy making this level rise or would it be a new one (my husband and I never use "protection") It just seems a little early to think that this could be a new baby.

Thanks,
Amanda
I've had my 3rd IVF on Thursday June 18th.  Today (June 30th) I had my pregnancy test.  My nurse called to say...yes I'm pregnant...but my Beta level is at 18...very low.  She says it's rare that this pregnancy will go to term with these levels.  I go back in 2 days for another level check.

Anyone have any advice or know anyone with similiar situation that actually had a normal pregnancy?
I am only about 2 weeks pregs and need to know some stuff.
I had an mc about 4 weeks ago and the doc said wait till all clears then you can start to try again.
Then we fell again and i have had 2 blood tests so far and one more today the an U/S tomorrow.
My hcg was 33 then went down to 29 over night its not a massive jump i just want to know if there is still a chance i might be able to carry it.
2 mc in a row really dont want that and who does.
The thing is im not bleeding either so i am just so confused.
has this ahppened to anyone else?
I am 4 wks pregnant and I went to the hospital because I was having a lot of pains. they gave me a blood test and my HCG level was 71. The doctor told me that the pregnancy was either very early or that I was pregnant in my tubes. They then told me to come in two days later. I went in two days later and my count was 229. They then told me to come in two days later and when I came in my count is 1680. I asked my nurse why is the count jumping so fast. She told me it could be a chance of more than one baby. I want to know how true this is. can you guys help me on this matter.
Its possible, but its equally possible that its a single pregnancy.  The levels can and often do jump like that.  

Time will tell.  They will do another ultrasound soon, and then you will know.

Best of luck!
My LMP 4/11 and I took hcg test on 3/12 and the value was 400. on 6/12 hcg value was 970.on 8/12 hcg-850. on 14/12 hcg-500.
Doctor said I am not preg. But I didnt got my period till now.
Am I preg or not? Should I wait?.Are any one had this symptoms and conceived?.
Pls share. It will make me comfort.
Hi, I am 28 years old, married for 2.5 years now. We have been trying since then and recently when I met a INfertility specialist after a few u/s and follicle study, found out that I had PCO and also was not producing any eggs. She has started on HCG injections for almost 15 days during which I was responding well with the help of injections and on the 14th day u/s I had 4 dominant follicles that were off 20 mm each. That night I had an IUI done and my periods is supposed to start on 25/12/09. However, I noted small amount of bleeding on 22/12 which worried me and I immediately booked an appointment with my Dr. She had asked me to give out blood for Beta HCG and also said it is common to bleed even if you are pregnant, so we will wait for the results to come. My results are due today and am really really worried so much....I keep my fingers crossed :)
Hi, my name is Mindi.  In August I had a Hcg level of 9 two days before my usual bleeding time, and the 3 days later it had dropped significantly.  We tried again on Christmas eve and on 1/5 (again 2-3 days before my expected period) my level was 8.  The next day I had a positive urine test. Today, 1/7 my Hcg was 6.  These are such low numbers and obviously dropping is never a good sign.  Reading through these posts it doesn't seem like these low numbers are the norm although the range starts at 2-5.  I'm not really sure what I am asking for but I don't understand why some people, like myself, can start out with a level of 8 or 9 while others seem to be in the higher ranges of 100-200.  When I see such a low number is that a reason to "expect" the pregnancy to fail?
hello everyone...

my first hcg reading was 120 an 4 days after my reading was 200. i think im onl 2-3 weeks pregnant from my date of conception.. doc says th hcg reading is low....and it might either miscarry or ectopic....? anyone with any advice?
At 4 weeks pregnant my hcg levels were at 109 and my progestrone was at 15.5.  2 days later my hcg went up but only to 144.9 and my progestrone went down to 14.9.  I was having bad cramping during the evening around 14-18 dpo though they have seemed to disappear as I am now on week 5 though I have had no blood and no spotting.  Should I be worried about these hcg levels not doubling? This is my first pregnancy and I am 27 years old.  the doctor said that my cervix is closed and my uterus is growing which is a good thing but my hcg levels really worry me! Thanks for your thoughts and hopes to ease my worries!
I have had four early abortions and this time also my preg test is positive with beta hcg levels 373 on the 3rd day of my missed period and 350 on the seventh day. I recieved two hcg injections 2000u each in between the two tests. I had spotting on the fifth day of my missed period. No cramps or bleeding since then. What could be the likely outcome of this pregnancy?All other invx are normal.usg not done as yet.
hi i got told tuesday i was pg. My hcg test was 1300, started bleeding thursday morning, when in for ultra sound, seen sac and the yolk, had another hcg test done and it went up to 1700. it did not double but it did go up.. ARE THEY ANY HOPE, SOME ONE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME SUCCESS THEIR SUCCESS STORY.. I REALLY PRAYING NOT HAVING A MISCARRIAGE..
hi ladies, i don't know if my story helps or not.....on June 14 i found i was 5 weeks pregnant and my beta level was 4500.  they told me that was good news (i'm hoping!) and that i did not need to come back to check if levels have doubled.  they booked me for my first US on June 30.  at that time i will be 7.5 weeks.  being older i worry about high levels due to ectopic, downs syndrome, etc.....but i am hoping it is one healthy baby or even better, twins.  wish me luck.....

and best of luck to you ladies who have low levels....they don't mean anything as the levels are such a low-high range and every pregnancy is different.  stay positive and keep stress out of your lives.....i'm certain stress is what caused my last miscarriage (Apr. 8).  thanks for listening :)
My HCG level is 8621 what it means ?
hi all i'm 8 weeks pregnant and had a bleed for about 30 mins at 6 weeks they took beta hcg level on sunday that i bled and it came back at 210 repeated this on tuesday and the result was 30 so they said i probably miscarried but if i had a positive test in 2 weeks to go back for a scan well that scan is today i have had positive test yesterday and also have all symptoms of pregnancy so all i can do is hope baby is still ok.   will let you know later about the scan it is on today at 12:30 good luck to all xx
My hgc levels were 153 15 days passed ovulation.. and went to 3105 21 days passed ovulation my doc said I was in normal range. .. I'm so happy its baby number three for me.. I got two boys Im hopin for a girl this round baby dust to all....
hi
i went into get a hcg cuz i was bleeding
mine was 21 then 4 days later 22 then 4 more day 30 then today was 26
they are thinking its a tubal pregnancy.. so waiting 2 see what 2 do next
Hi. I am greatful to offound this sight went to doctor ties pod previous test did ultrasound n nothin there n Dr stated I had follicles in my left ovary which only.have when gettin to produce an egg. Had hcg test 84 it is n doin another tomorrow. Last menst was April 9th. Was surrogate for aunt that tried it all n no luck n pray now for fiance n I to have  the same miracle angel added to our lives n family. Ps thank god first very healthy happy n beautiful
Keep posted tomorrow on touch phone hard to type sorry.for mispells
I had an Hcg test done yesterday and when I called to get the results all they would tell me is "393" ...does this mean i am pregnant or no?would it tell me how far along? .... it is the weekend and my doctor wont be back until monday..
my level was at 605 and two days later it was 1650. thats good right?
yes thats good... they are supposed to double every 24-36 hours...
My first hcg test was 53 on Friday, Monday it was 78 and im testing tomorrow. my numbers are not doubling...Is there still hope??

I had my embryo transfer on Oct24th.
There is always hope!! Statistically 85% of regular pregnancys at least double every 48-72 hours.... that leaves 15% of REGULAR pregnancies that do not follow this...
Saying this, it is important to brace yourself that sometimes  the numbers kinda set off alarms for Drs to monitor incase a MC...BUT that isnt always the case and until there is actual proof that this is occuring dont give up hope... your numbers are still increasing and you are very early yet!! Good luck!
My Bhcg level is 74710 do u guys think I'm pregnant ....can't see the doctor yet as it's unwanted pregnancy for my husband he never wanted a baby  ,he has 2 kids from his previous marriage ,but for me it's a first pregnancy n I really want it ,can any body help me in this please :(
I had my ET of a 5 day blast on Dec.18, on Dec 24 my HPT was a BFN then on the 27th my HPT was a BFP. On the 28th i had my 1st blood test my HCG level was 82 and my progesterone is 7! This is day 11 should I be worried? The only symtoms (symptoms) I hv is my breast are sore on the sides, no cramping, no bleeding or spotting. Next test in the a.m. What do yall think?
I found out I was pregnant Dec. 23rd, 2011. My last period was Nov. 23, 2011. I went to the docs the 28th of Decemeber, and that night starting bleeding. Next morning I did my urine test and blood work as needed. Then went back to the docs. Internal exam showed my cervix was closed and hard. ? . My urine test came back INDETERMINATE. I had to look it up. Basically there wasn't enough hormones to say I was, but too much to say I wasn't... back to the docs! then went back a week later for more testing. Urine test still is pending, but HCG showed at 92. I have to go back again on Friday, the 6th of January 2012. I'm worried. Not sure what to think, although I'm starting to believe its ectopic. At first we figured I was miscarrying, and I was devastated. Now I'm worried I will need surgery! I had stopped bleeding, and never passed any clots, although I bled for a week. Anyone got advice or stories to help me ease the nerves?
I just found out I was pregant and yesterday my levels were 114 today there were 190 is this normal and possible I'm kinda worried
I hope someone can give me some insight... I noticed that the last post on this forum was in 2005 but I'll ask anyway and maybe someone will reply... Here is my question. I went to the doctor yesterday 1/11 and they did an ultrasound. He said they see only 3 dark spots but nothing else. He thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy and sent me straight to the ER for another ultra sound and blood work.  ( I have had no bleeding nor pain)

When I arrived to the hospital they concluded I was not having an ectopic pregnancy but they can't see anything other then the 3 spots  and according to the last day of my period I should be six weeks. My HCG levels are 3700.

I met with the doctor again today and he told me that he is concerned because my HCG two weeks ago was 921 and because it's now 3700 it's not raising as it should. He said he believes I will soon have a miscarriage and doesn't want to give me false hope...

I don't know what to think!! He said we will repeat the blood work in 1 week and go on from there... Can anyone give me some input!!
Im so sorry your having to go through this, its aweful for anyone but those numbers are going up really slow, in 2 weeks they should be a lot higher than that and with them not seeing anything on the US at this time its not sounding too good... im glad your Dr is going to see what going on next week to make absolutely sure this is whats going on as stranger things have happend and in rare cases everything works out and ive seen some Drs just send the girls home with more questions then anything so yo have a good Dr there... again im sorry i cant give you any more answers than you already have, which i know isnt much at this time but im praying for ya and i hope you stay strong!
Hi everyone
i had a blood test done monday and hcg was 98.6 and wednesday went down to 64.7 and have to do a pregnancy test in 10days time if its positive have to give the hospital a call

i was diagnosed with pcos in october 2010 and been on clomid for 4 cycles. lasy cycle on 150mg and showed i had a 18mm follicle on my left ovary and a 20mm follicle on my right ovary.

good luck everyone
Hi everyone

good luck everyone
I have been doing IVF. Had three eggs transferred on 6/15. Tuesday my hcg we 13.2. Went back today and its 24.4. Am having some cramping and bleeding. Any thoughts??
Faintly postive urine on 7/28. More so on 7/30 but still not as dark of line as the control. Had serum Test and hcg level on 8/1. I should be around 5 weeks. Serum was def postive took 45 sec on a test that should take 5min and hcg level was 1087. The lab tech said it should be higher since my serum came back so quickly. I haven't had any "symptoms" though. No nausea, tender breasts etc.  Just late pd and menstral cramping with no bleeding. The ob group won't see patients until 11weeks. So now I'm concerned if I should get excited yet or is this an indication of the pregnancy not progressing.
I got my ivf done on 15jan 30th I got my beta hcg my reading is 520 . Can anyone advice me if my reading indicates I have multiple.
Seema
I got my ivf done on 15th Jan .my beta hcg was done on 30th Jan. Reading is 520. Got my result positive. I would like to know am I carrying multiple.