Maternal & Child Community
Beware of the 1st Period After D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Beware of the 1st Period After D

BEWARE:  I had a D&C on 8-4-06.  I had a couple of light spots over the last couple of weeks, but on Friday (7 weeks later) my period really started.  I just wanted to let everyone know, who doesn't know already, what to expect.  I have never in my whole life seen so much blood.  The cramps were bad, but the blood- so much of it- like a jugular that's been cut into.  I knew that everyone said that it would be heavy, but I was just was not prepared.  However, I am glad that it's here- but do not have any idea of when it may leave.  I'm on the 4th day of heavy bleeding, and although it has lightened up a little, there is no sign of it stopping anywhere in sight.  I just try to keep in mind that I've read that after a D&C the heavier it is- the better.  Sorry if this was too much info for some of you, as I do not have a weak stomach.
Tags: maternal
Thanks for the info...I had a d&c last Tues. Although icky...glad to know that the heavier the better so I won't freak out! My Dr told me 2 cycles before ttc...what did your Dr tell you?
I've never heard that the heavier the better after a D&C. I had a D&C last year after a m/c and my first period was pretty much normal, just late. So it is different for everyone. If its too heavy, just keep in touch with your doctor to make sure everything is ok. I don't want anyone to get worried if they don't ahve a heavy period after a D&C either.
My Dr said 2 cycles as well. One down, one to go.
I agree with Jenny and it seemed worth mentioning just so nobody freaks out if their first period is NOT unusual.  After my D&C, my next period was entirely normal.  It must be variable with the person.  PPPAgent, I hope you are taking a lot of iron, so you don't wind up anemic, and staying in touch with your doc if this goes on for days.  Good luck, honey.
My first AF after my D&C was normal, as well. It took 5 weeks before it showed, but once it did, it was the same as before.
Not that anyone should worry if it's not heavy, but I do know that your period will help you shed dead/damaged cells that one may have after a D&C.  My Dr said that I should wait 2 periods, or cycles, so that my uterus can heal and strengthen by getting rid of old, scarred, or damaged cells that the surgery could have caused.  Anytime that you have surgery, whether it be a D&C, LEAP, CRYO, whatever, your body will scab over and sluff off these damaged cells. I would infer that the more of this stuff that comes out, the better.
I had a d&c in July and it took 8 weeks for my AF to come.  When it did I bled really heavy the first day and then I had 2 days of regular Af afterwards and thats it.  I guess everyone is different and I am sure every doctor has their own way of doing a d&c.
Although I did not have a D&c I m/c with metho. & was also warned about first Af.I bled for almost a month after m/c So I'm not looking foward till 1st Af.Nanis
I had a D & E in late February...almost 9 wks later i got first AF and it was BRUTAL!!!  I think it depends on the person.  I bled a lot and the cramps were unbelievable.  I actually called my Dr. to see if it was normal and he said it perfectly normal to have a heavier period after D.  I think it's depends on the person...because i know others that had a normal AF after D.
Thank you!  I had a d&c on Sep 2nd but haven't had a period yet.  At least now if it is a little (or a lot) heavier than normal I won't panic.  My dr. didn't tell me anything.  He also said that I could ttc right away.  There seems to be a mixed review on when to ttc again.
My AF was actually exactly how I remembered and was not heavier.  There is some good news to having a heavy or normal AF after your D&C though.  The OBGYN told me that when you have a very light or a series of light AFs after your D&C that could be a sign of scarring.  When I had my D&C I was certainly afraid of scarring because scarring can cause infertility.  So, a normal or heavy AF is one indicator that there was no scarring.
Thanks for confirming my story.  I knew that I gathered that info from somewhere.  I'm glad that I didn't make that one up.  That's what my Doc meant as well.  Glad that yours wasn't as bad as mine.
I am reading this posting almost one year later and I cannot thank you enough for mentioning it.  I had a D&C on July 31st.  I bled (spotted) for almost 3 weeks after it.  It finally subsided and on Aug 24th I started what has been the most brutal period I have ever had -- I seriously thought something was wrong and I am on day 5 and still bleeding strong.  This is exhausing for me.  When did yours finally stop?  
YUP!!!! I AGREE. Started mine today after 7 weeks and I was actually in the ER last night because of the two days of pre-cramps I had leading up to today. Today the flow is  worse than after childbirth. Not wanting to scare anyone off because it certainly doesn't go that way for everyone but honestly...be ready for it.
I've had 7 D&Cs (unfortunately) and have never experienced this. If anything, my periods were lighter.

kenyamack, take care of yourself.

I had a D and C on March 5,2008  and started my first period after 28 day's. The cramps before and still are really bad. My Dr. says just to take Motrin and take a hot bath. I hate it.
i had my first pregnancy that ended with a miscarriage and a D&C on June 29th. it has been exactly 2 weeks since, after the D&C my doc said i sould stop bleeding after one week but that it could last as long as 6 weeks. my bleeding ended alomst exactly one week after. My doc told me that she didnt have to do much scraping at all and that it was mostly just the suction and that the less scraping they have to do the better b/c of less possible scarring. at the end of the post D&C bleeding it ended with a brown rusty color just like my periods do. i was also told i would start ttc after one cycle. i was told that my period should start anywhere from 14-28 days after the D&C but it could take longer. it just started today, i think b/c its been exactly 14 days with no blood for the past week and now there is fresh bright red blood but its not heavy at all. i was wondering if anyone had anything to offer to know if this is really my period starting?
Had My D & C on July 1st  this year.  I had just started my period today August 7th, it felt like I wasn't ever going to start, and I knew I was expecting my period (when I didn't know) , but didn't have any pre-symptoms. My doctor told me also to wait 2 cycle months  before trying again. I am sorry for every woman who has been through this. I have had a bad time myself emotionally.
i remember i bled heavily after my dnc, i was 8 weeks pregnant at the time, i had awful stomach cramps too and the meds i was taking didn't help a great deal, from what i remember, it was back in aug 2003, i bled for about ten days afterwards and then waited about 5 weeks before my period which was as usual, heavy!
I had a D&C on Aug. 24 at 6-1/2 weeks due to a blighted ovum. It's been a little over four weeks now and I am still waiting for my period but nothing yet. I know the doc says 4-6 weeks after the D&C, but I'm worried that if I don't get it right away it may mean I won't be regular my next cycle. I am ttc again after this cycle comes.
I had a d & c last month and almost exactly 28 days later, I started my first period which was also EXTREMLY heavy the first 2 days. I was quite worried and am really relieved to hear that I am not alone! I had never seen so much blood before! But after the second day it went way lighter and today looks like it's tword the end of what a normal period would be! Good luck ladies!
I had a D&C almost 4 weeks ago... and Thursday I got AF or so I thought I had cramping the night before but I only had a brownish pink spotting, and it only lasted for 2-3 days... my normal AF is usualy pretty heavy.  Should I be concerned about this?  My dr told me to be prepared for an Extremely heavy one.
Did you notice any clots while you were spotting?  I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks after a d&c and it was just some missed tissue my body was passing.  My dr said af should be the same as before you got pg.
I am on my third period after D&C for miscarriage.  I got my first AF exactly 28 days after D&C and I have been on 28 days cycle ever since.  This is weird because for years I was 32 days cycle.  Also, I came to this message board looking for info because I was worried because AF has been heavier and with brighter blood than before since D&C.  I'm relieved to see that this seems to be common.
Hi Everyone,

Thank god I found this forum! I also had a D&C after my first pregnancy in October 2009 and had what I thought was a normal period about 4 weeks after that. I then thought everything was back to normal but my period the next cycle was 2 weeks late (I actually thought I was pregnant again) Anyway…….I got my period finally on 1st January this year and it sounds similar to a lot of other posts here…VERY heavy and I’ve also never seen so much blood and had terrible cramps! I’m pleased this could be a good thing as I was worried it meant something was wrong or that my cycles would be stuffed up for a long time.

My question is….will everything go back to normal now? As in……..normal cycle length and normal periods? Has anyone fallen pregnant after this experience?

Thanks in Advance!
I'm so glad I found this. I had a m/c on December 29th and a D&C on the 30th. I started my period 3 days ago and its been the worst Ive ever had.Its extremely heavy and the cramps have been so bad my back hurts. I thought something was wrong. I'm glad to know it's ok. I just wish it would stop now hehe
I had a d&c 6 weeks ago for complex hyperplasysia with atypia. I am taking provera for 10 days then should have what my doc said would be a normal period, probably lighter than before. Well it was heavy with lots of cramps and pain. I had small fleshy clots and some brown rust colored blood at teh beginning. I have been bleeding for 5 days no and ther is no sign of stopping. Should I be concerned and call doc?
I had my d n c done 5 weeks ago and today i had my first period..I WAS SHOCKED to see BIG CLOTS and all...the blood reminds me of what ive gone through miscarrying..the clots UNIMAGINEABLE thought i was gonna faint..good thing i found out that IM NOT ALONE...thanks for this forum felt relieved..i dont know when will this end,,its 2 am here and more clots passed..wew really scary..im not frightening you but im just sharing my experience and hope others will share theirs too,,thanks alot guys.
I had a d&c on March 17th, and on the following Monday - March 22...I had an ultrasound that said I was "Mid cycle"and that everything was gone from my uterus..how is that possible that I was mid cycle?  Did I ovulate while I was miscarrying?  I was bleeding for 5 weeks due to the miscarriage, it wasn't until a week after the d&c I stopped bleeding.  Exactly 19 days after the d&c I started to bleed again, which I assume is AF...It's been a week now, and I'm still spotting...is this normal to have a period that soon after?  Can an ultrasound miss anything?  I'm just afraid that there is something else wrong with me...missed tissue, scarring...that type of thing...
Hopefully somebody can give me some reassurance!
Hey i had my d&c march 2nd with nearly 2 weeks of bleeding. i decided to take a pregnancy test  on the 11th april(first response) coz we had been having unprotected sex (ttc) it came up positive (faint line). later that day i brown spotted same on the 12th then the 13th i had the heaviest period ever!! no pain tho. It seems very different to the periods i always had before. Im glad its come as i cant wait to continue ttc!!!!!!
hi i'm so glad to find this article helpful.. i'm on my 3rd day of heavy bleeding that makes me go through a pad every hour or two. i had d&c on 3-17-10, i had my first contact with my husband on 4-16-10. after the sex, i spotted the day after, and  4-18-10- heavy bleeding came next. i wasn't sure if this was my period because  I have never in my whole life seen so much blood too. i'm still freaking out and still nervous. no one ever told me that the first period after d&c would be heavy or this heavy.i don't feel any pain just few  minor cramps from time to time and i don't feel like fainting. is this normal? thank you
I was 9 weeks pregnant when I found out there was no heartbeat.  I felt something was wrong because I wasn't nearly as sick as I was with my son.  I had a d&c February 23rd.  Quick and easy, no problems.  First period started March 30th, a little heavier than normal, but then I spotted off and on for 3 weeks.  In addition, I've had nausea and fatigue.  Now I'm hoping after my next period I'll feel better.  What has been hardest for me is in the last month I have had 4 sis-in-laws get pregnant.  2 were trying, 2 were on birth control and are upset.  Here's hoping I get pregnant soon:)
I had my d&c after miscarriage and i also had my tubes tied at the same time on march 4, I bled and spotted afterwards, took a ten day break and then My first period showed up 20 days ago and it is still here, The first 2 weeks was incredibly heavy flow with some clotting and now the last week of it has been what I refer to as Flash Floods. All of a sudden I get a severe cramp and woosh blood everywhere and clots the size of my hand. It happens at least once everyday. I have been to the dr 3 times and they assure me I am fine, blood levels are ok and they prescribed 2 birthcontrol pills a day to stop the bleeding, it has slowed but refuses to stop. Anyone else have this problem and know how  to make it end? By the time its done its going to start again, I can't handle this anymore I feel like Im going crazy and I am sick of ruining my pants!
I'm hoping for some good info here.  I'm currently in Japan and had to have a d and c b/c of mmc at 8 weeks.  I can barely understand my doc and he can barely understand me.  I bled for about a week after the d and c and then had constant spotting for 2 weeks.  At which time I felt like my uterus was hard and rigid.  I went to the doc and he said it was infected and I took anitbiotics.  Went back a week after that and he said the infection was gone but my spotting wouldn't stop unless he gave me a hormone injection to induce my period.  One week after the injection (about 5 weeks since d&c) my period started.  Little cramping which is unusual for me, but heavy with bright red blood.  I've been bleeding for a week now, tho now it's light brown and not that heavy.

One other new development though is that I feel quite irritated and some burning down there.  I've never had a yeast infection so I don't know if this is it or if this is connected to all my other problems.  There is no cottage cheese or fishy discharge, but then I am still having my period...I think?  
Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any ideas?  It's so hard to communicate with my doctor!
i had miscarried at 7 weeks and had a d and c the following week cos doc said hcg wasnt dropping fast enough d and c was april 23rd and he said period would come in a month or so - i had been like clock work before every 28 days. for the past 2 days i ve been getting severe cramping like period is coming but no bleeding i m taking panadol and its bearable but still pretty painful it comes in waves lower abdomen right down to tailbone
is this my period starting to come?? i ve been expecting it to be heavy but why hasnt bleeding started? when i m having such bad cramping..
anyone else have this??
thanks for this site!!!!i had my d&c 4 weeks ago and yesterday my period started again, and i thought it was not normal bleeding so much and the cloths. but im not alone!!!thanks guys for sharing your stories, it really helps..
I was wondering how long should I bleed for on my first period after a M/C?
I had a D&C on May 14,2010 because of a miscarriage and almost hemorrhaging to death. I was 8 weeks and did not know I was pregnant. I started my period June 24, 2010 and the cramps are worse then being in labor ! ! I am bleeding bright red and have extremely large clots. I am going through a super overnight pad in less then an hour. I dont if I should call my doctor or just go to emergency room. I am very nervous and uptight about it. The bleeding is like it was just before I started to hemorrhage. What should I do ???? Please help ! ! ! ! !
Hope you went straight back to the ER! I had the same experience, and needed meds to stop the heavy bleeding so I didn't need another transfusion.
To everyone: If you have experienced heavy bleeding, make sure that you are taking iron supplements and drinking fluids. Then rest! Be careful about dizziness and feeling like your heart is racing. More fluids, more rest! It takes a number of weeks for your body to make new red blood cells after a lot of blood. Be prepared to be fatigued!
Good luck everyone!
I'm on my first period since November after miscarriage, 2 trips to the ER for bleeding, hysteroscopy and D +C
I had a Laparoscopy and D&C at the same time on Day 2 of my cycle. I had endometriosis removed from the back of my uterus. I lightly bled for 5-6 days after. ( no dramas just uncomfortable from the surgery). However, now 29 days later my period has started... and like everyone else's posts...... it is so much heavier and crampier than i have ever experienced. ( ONE super pad lasts max 2 hours!). It is day 3 and it is as heavy as a normal day 1, if not heavier. Just a note to everyone with heavy periods, Please do not use TAMPONS as it can cause a plug and cause the blood and clots to be push into your tubes. Over the years this has been a contributor to the cause of my endometriosis i am sure. Good luck to everyone trying to conceive. Its a hard road and we are not alone.
i had a dnc on 9 july 2010. I had my first periods after that on 11 August and they were pretty normal. After that i had my second cycle on 8 september 2010 and it was very heavy. and it has not stopped even after 8 days.Plz advise is this normal or should i consult the doctor. I am really sick of all this bleeding.
Hi, I had Laparoscopy and D&C at the same time on August 13, I got my first period Friday Sept 18. Friday the flow was fine and there was cramps but nothing a Tylenol couldn't handle. HOWEVER, Saturday I woke up in a puddle of blood , very painful cramps and different sized blood clots ranging from many tiny clots- half dollars . Sunday and Monday also painful and heavier than usual. Today was heavy but manageable, and Ive been taking Tylenol. My OBGYN said do not take Advil or Aleve because it can make u bleed more. Tonight I started to get a heavier flow and blood clots again. Before I had the procedures done on me I bled from June 9- Aug 13,. PPPAGENT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS FORUM UP. This is awesome. nobody in my family or friends have gone though this and I felt so alone  until now. God Bless.    
I had a d&c on Sept. 20, 2010.  I was 6weeks 1day pregnant.  I hardly had any bleeding after the procedure.  Very light for about 2days.  And that was it.  On Oct. 2nd I began to bleed but definitely heavier, like a period but not really heavy.  (I don't have crazy periods to begin with!)  Was this bleeding a period?  We want to ttc again and are waiting 1 cycle.  Does this count?
I had a D&C in May followed by the Metho shot, and then Depo. When my Depo wore off, I just spotted for 3 weeks straight then last moth nothing at all. I woke up this morning thinking I was in a crime scene. The pain, is worse than anything I have ever been through.I know I cant go to work like this.  I am just wondering if I am the only one having to bleach my mattress after this situation?  
my periods have goten worse after my miscarriage. like i never had cramps and now i do but they get worse to the point now where i it hurts so bad i get sick. i did'nt go for the d&c i let it go naturaly my doctor and i agreed to that plan and everything was normal and painful but now i bleed more than reason they las a whole lot longer and the pain...well unbearable!! im really scared cuz kids are the one thing ive always wanted but i cant go through with this every month especially when all it does is get worse plz help
Hello all,
Had a miscarriage on Nov 17.  I was 11 weeks and baby stopped developing at 6.5 weeks.  I wanted to let my body miscarry naturally but doc advised d&c.  (I had also been on progesterone suppositories for 3 weeks for low levels and these hormones tricked my body into thinking the pregnancy was progressing.  Also kept my body from miscarrying naturally earlier.)  After d&c, I spotted for 3 full weeks and began my period 3 weeks to the day after d&c.  I've been the OBGYN twice since the procedure and she feels my recovery is going fine.  Advised this is likely just my period (though she found it unnecessary to examine me to give concrete answers).  Now, I've had a HEAVY period for 11 days and counting and I'm getting really annoyed.  I've been bleeding for over 5 weeks!  When is this going to stop?  I just want to feel normal and healed so my husband and I can get on with our lives and move forward.  Any encouragement or advise is welcomed.  Thanks!
god im so glad i found this site i had dnc late nov due to miscarrage (miscarriage) of twins at 9 weeks and 17th dec i started my first period and boy can i tell you it is heavy that i thought i was dyeing but after reading all the comments posted here i now know this is normal thank you so much for your posts that i have been able to read as i to are ttc with my partner and was worried that something was going wrong so now i wil wait till it stopps and try again thank you guys and good luck to those who are trying xxx
This has been really helpful for me, so I thought I'd share my experience.

I found out on January 4th, at 7 weeks pregnant, that I had a blighted ovum. The placenta and gestational sac were growing as normal, but there was no baby. My doctor gave me three options (D&C, pills to induce miscarriage, or waiting for it to happen on it's own) and I opted to try to do it on my own. I finally started bleeding on January 16th. I bled very heavily (a super pad every two hours) for eleven days before my doctor encouraged me to have a D&C. I had the D&C on January 27th, which was totally uneventful. I bled moderately for six days after the D&C and spotted two days after that.

Twenty seven days after my D&C, I had my first period. It was much, much heavier than normal, had some clots, and I was very crampy. I bled for six days. Thirty days later, I had my second period -- which was similar to the first, if not worse. I also bled for six days. Thirty two days later -- today -- I started my third period. It is also very heavy and I have a lot of cramps. Before my D&C, my periods were very, very light and never lasted more than 3 days, and I have virtually never had cramps, so this is very new for me!

My doctor did not prepare me at all for this. He simply said that my period would return in four to six weeks and that I should worry if my period was very scant or absent (could mean too much scar tissue in the uterine cavity, which can impede fertility).

I am anxious to find out if/when my periods will return to the light, pain-free periods that I had before my surgery!
Hello, i have had a misscarage 5 half weeks ago and started my period on sunday but was really really light and only has lasted 2 days, im worrying.. the doctor told me my first period would be really heavy and a bit painful due to cramping.
is this normal?  has anyone else had this?
I found out I was pregnant on Feb. 20 of 2011 need less to say we were excited. I lost the baby the begging of April had the D and C done April 8,2011. Well a week later at midnight I started bleeding I bleed non stop for seven hours. I had never seen so much in my entire life it was horrible, blot clots as big as base balls. It was so much I had to be on iron pills for three weeks after that. I have skip a period since then. This has been the hardest thing I have ever have to go through and I am glad I found this page because even thought people say it will b ok. Unless you go through it you dont know what it feels like. One day it will get better and maybe one day I will get to be a mommy.
I had a 2nd tri missed miscarriage recently, waiting to find out reasons until my follow up but appears to be umbilicord accident at 15 weeks. i bled and spotted for 27 days. i had 36 hours of no blood what so ever and then AF came with a vengence. busted out of no where and hasnt stopped since, it's been 11 days. 4 days in it was so bad that I went to the ER because the amount of blood coming out of me scared the bejesus out of me. huge diaper like pads they send you home from the hospital with? Went through one in 45 minutes soaked back to front. Sent me into panic mode. blood level staken and doc said everything was normal (but i had a UTI a nd fibroids too..give me a break already).  

I am SO SICK of blood. so sick of it. I'm tired of feeling wet and dirty. im tired of wearing pads. i'm tired of dealing with this and I just want to be done with it and move on with my life but this physical constant reminder just will not let me.
I had the D&C done last week, due to losing my IUD strings, they had to do this to remove it...everything was ok until yesterday, the outer back part of my vagina started to get itchy..I also had Hysteroscopy done, so im guessing that is the reason why this is happening. Has this happened to anyone after this procedure.Thanks
Hi everyone i need some advice, i mc at 9 wks and choose medical management elimanate the retained products, i was sent home for it to work but later that afternoon i started gushing blood like you wouldn't believe, i ended up fainting in the bathroom and my husband called the emergency services, by the time the paramedics got to our house i was barely breathing and unconcious, i was taken to the emergency with a massive ongoing haemorrhage, i was taken straight to theatre and given an emergency ERPC, unfortunately i lost three and half litres of blood and had to be given three blood transfusions, i was told afterwards that i was ten minutes away from dying and that my husband called the emergency services just in time!... and my full blood count is still 102 and not 112 like it should be so i'm having regular blood test fort nightly to keep check on it.. I'm still on iron tablets everyday as i'm still anaemic it had now been five weeks since my emergency op and i've just yesterday started my period, only thing is its extremely heavy like soaking a pad an hour, i'm really worried as my periods before the mc was very light and only lasted two days, i can't afford to lose a lot of blood as i'm scared its going to lower my blood count even lower than what it is, should i be worried ? can any one give me some advice on this ? thanks
Wow what a shame that there are so many of us going through this, such a difficult time :(
I had a D&C on the 20th Dec last year. I found out at 6 weeks that I had conceived twins but one was ectopic! Which meant that that one would either fizzle out or I would have to have an operation to remove it! Which would put the other twin at risk :( I spent three weeks wandering around wondering if the ecpopic was going to erupt (which would have put my life at risk) or if it was going to just fizzle away.......I went in at 9 weeks to be told that the ectopic had fizzled out & the other twin had no heartbeat......one of the worst days of my life :( I went in the next morn at 6.30am.......
It took 6 weeks for my period to return and I had it for 2 weeks, not that heavy though. Then it was 31 days before my next period started and its been the worst one ever! 1st night I got up 4 times during the night to change super pad and had little clots.....2nd night bad also. Now onto day 4 and still heavy & tummy feels yuck!! Think all this heavy bleeding is normal as its such a big thing to go through......but if it goes on for more than a week of heavy bleeding i think we all need to contact our Obstatricians or GP.

Goodluck for next time everyone

Kim
I had a D&C on January 6th.  Exactly 4 weeks later I started my period.  It was very light for 15 days, moderate for 2 days, the heavy for 12 days, then moderate/light for another 4 days...that's right, the ENTIRE month of February and the 1st few days of March!  I was soooo happy when it finally cleared up!  Then after only 12 blood free days, it came back.  This time I had 11 days of spotting, 15 days of light/moderate bleeding, and now I am on my 12th day of HEAVY bleeding.  I am going to lose my mind if it doesn't stop soon!  I know many people have shared similar stories, but they have not followed up with how long the heavy bleeding actually lasted for.  Can anyone share how long this went on?  Did you ever get back to normal?  My husband and I waited many years before trying to conceive in order to make sure our lives were in order.  Now I am a high school teacher and see young girls accidentally get pregnant regularly.  I need my body to get back to normal so we can ttc asap!   I just want a baby and I feel like I am in a perpetual holding pattern...the most frustrating experience in the world!  I appreciate any insight you may be able to share.
I feel your pain.  I'm in the same boat you're in.  I had a D&C Nov. 4, 2011 and I thought I was normal.  Then the irregular bleeding didn't stop.  The doctors tell us we should be back to normal but we are not.  It's actually worse.  Its April 26th, 2012 I am passing large clots (sorry for being extreme).  The worse part is that you start feeling them fall.  I'm sick of going back and forth to the doctor cause it feels they want you to come in just to pay them, for the same issue.  My hubby and I were ttc but I'm pretty much stressed out over the whole thing.  So I wish you luck in trying, I've made myself sick trying which isn't good.  Try to stay unstressed etc.  I found out myself going nuts over this will cause you to bleed also.
hi im jenna,
i was diagnosed with a incomplete m/c on june 26th and wasnt made aware that d&c was an option i was sent home to schedule an appointment with an ob, the following day i had mild contractions and felt a pop as if my water broke and ran to the bathroom sooo much bleeding almost lost conscioiusness so dialed 911, turns out i was hemmoraging, i had an emergency D&C that afternoon but the surgery took 5 hours due to bp dropping very low, i had my first check up on the 5th of july and was told on the 11th today i am oc for intercourse, but my bleeding seems tempermental it's there then not and so on, and is now brownish, this is freaking me out cus im worried of further hemmorage, any insight? im wondering too if this could be the first period
I had a d&c over a month ago. Spotted for about 10 days then started my period the exact day I was supposed to. I am currently on day 20 of this period. Each day has some light flow, some medium and some heavy with clots along with painful cramps.  I have called the doctor but can't get in until next week. Has anyone ever experienced this??  I am getting so worried.
I had a hysteroscope and d&c on the 29th Jan due to a thickening in the cervix. I lightly bled for a couple of hours afterwards and was fine the next day with no sign of bleeding but on the 3rd day after the op i have started bleeding and had horrible tummy cramps. I am guessing its a period as i was due around this time but does anyone know is it normal to get a period straight after a procedure like this. I thought when you had this op they got rid of everything so you were basically cleaned out and its starting to scare me a little
I had my dnc march 29 miscarriage march21st at ten weeks. First period started april 24th went to the er may 4th due to the size of the clots abnd volume of blood..going on 16 days of HEAVY bleeding with no end nearing:( drs appointment today will hopefully answer some questions since the er was useless!!
I was 10really weeks when i m/c.  On sept. 29 after the heavy bleeding stopped i continued to spot.  Color was brown and seemed to have tissue pieces in it.  Once in a while i wouldn't spot for a day but it would come back.  This went on up until mon. The 29th of oct. Then i went to the bathroom and passed a clot and more red blood.  I thought maybe a piece had been left in and i was finally passing it and I'd get back to normal.  But the bleeding got heavier,  i wondered if i was having another m/c.  Then on the 3rd day bleeding was like a faucet with lots of clots.....it then occurred to me i must be having a period.  I was still thinking i wasn't over the m/c because i never really stopped bleeding.  My m/c was a natural one. No d&c.  I really hope i stop bleeding soon! I just want to get back to normal.
I. Had. A. Loproscopic. On. Oct.14. Period. Followed. On. The. 18th. Normal. Now. Today. Its. On. Again. On. Its. Normal. Day. But. Im.  Having. Adominal (abdominal). Cramps. Off. An. On. Sharp. Pains. An. Im. Bleeding. Brown. Blood.  What. Can. This. Be
In mid Oct I had laparoscopic removal of 2 cysts, a hysterocsopy, removal of myrena, a d&c and a tvt sling all in one op and was supposed to also have Novasure procedure to remnove uterine lining and end my periods but my uterus was "the wrong shape". I have had 2 very scary periods since in which if I stand up or move in any way massive clots just drop out - I presumn these are actually the uterine lining but it is pretty damn scary.the lounge room at the time..I stood up and despte wearing pads the size of Queensland a clot the size of a dinner plate wnet splat onto the floor and up the wall!!! ****!  Didn't expect this wasn't warned about it either.
Thank you all for sharing with your experiences. I wanted to contribute as well so it may be similar to someones's also.
I had D&C done due to polyp removal on 10/25/13 and got  my period after 5 weeks.
At first I got cramping and bloating with no signs of blood for entire day and  it was really really bad. I couldn't walk straight and when I coughed my uterus would hurt so much. I thought I had some kind of blockage and blood instead of coming out stuck inside. Then, later that day blood finally start coming out and that night I had a heavy bleeding. I also, have vaginal yeast and afraid to use vaginal creams because I think it may block blood from coming out...I am on my second day of my period and still have bad  pains and cramps....I  hope it will get better.
I am so happy I found this!  I had mmc and D&C in October and 8 weeks later (and no AF), I started bleeding heavy today and am in the WORST pain of my life.  It is was constant pain and soreness with 5-10 second twinges of 'bear-down-doubled-over-crying' pain.  I thought there must be something seriously wrong, so I called the dr and had a u/s today.  They said I had a large cyst on my ovary, but didn't seem that concerned about it. I can barely walk.  I hope this goes away soon. :(