Maternal & Child Community
Bicornuate uterus and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-252 comments:
do either of u have myspace?
hi i had a scan on monday and the baby had no heart beat i had to go in to hospital yesterday for a d/c the pain i was having in my left side went away as soon as i had it done so i think it was my bodys way of telling me that something was wrong the baby was still only 6wk 2days and i should have been 8wk i hope every one else is  ok                                                                                i just wish i knew why it happened                                                                  

katie x
Sorry no I do not.. I have to start one though, just so busy...

xx
I am so sorry Katie... my thoughts are with you!! You may never know why it happened though... What was your doctors thoughts?

Take care...

Monie
xx
i was where u r now twice...once in june and once in december. it's very hard to deal with the why of of it all.  i cried and cried for so long wanting to know why. i got my answer but i know i can fix it and hope for a successful pregnancy later...i recommend, it u can, to get more tests done. at first i was told i had a BU and it turned out i actually have a septum...it was found by having a pelvic mri done...after running as many tests as they can, they might be able to answer the why question. my dr was going to run more tests if it was not found that i have a septum...good luck, my thoughts are with u!
                                                                                      Adaline
Hi girls!  I do have a myspace page.  It is set to private but if you send me a request I will approve you.  ***@**** is my email.  I don't know if you guys have heard about the ice storms in Northeast Ohio but that is where I live.   We have been without power since Tuesday.  Our house dropped down to 40 degrees!  It has been so cold.  On top of that I feel like I have pnemonia (pneumonia).  I have been very ill.  As I sit here tears are streaming from my eyes just from this bug I picked up.  I finally broke down and went and stayed with my mom last night. Me and the dog packed up and went north for some heat!  Power has been restored this morning but we are expecting another storm to come through bringing 7-14inches of snow.  Enough whinning from me.  Talk to you later!
i tried to send you a message in your inbox but i couldn't get past that coding thing. i kept getting it wrong with some letters being in bold. send me a message with your email. i'm pretty sure you only live about 3 or 4 hrs away from me. we're getting a lot of rain here because the temps have been high enough with some flooding areas. i hear a noreaster is coming through. be careful and be safe.
Shannon,
You poor thing you sound so sick, I am worried about you... Are you any better?

Sending hugs to you...

Love Monie
xx
hi i hope every one is doing ok im getting there i just feel so mad at every one and every thing i go back to work on friday i dont want to but cant stay at home forever my hubby has had the last two week off with me so i wasnt on my own does any one no how long u have to wait before u can try for a baby after a loss because i havent seen a doc yet to talk to one hasnt been back in touch yet                                                                              

love katie x                                                                                
My doctor told me to wait one full cycle and then I could try again but I was only 6 weeks and didn't require a DNC.  I personally feel if you don't give your mind time to heal itself it can cause complications too.  It has been 5 months since I lost my baby....I am starting to get that baby bug again.  I wanted to try right away but I was consumed with that the "what if..." questions.  Mostly what if this happens again..  That is a stress you don't need when you are pregnant.  

Thinking of you,
Shannon
I'm loving this site already. Finally people who are/went through what I am right now. I'm 21, in North Carolina.. I'm maybe 5 weeks? I think more, but DR said maybe 5.. Yesterday before starting work I went to the bathroom and noticed blood. I was in SHOCK!!.. Because of course, you hear that people who miscarry start bleeding. So that's the first thing that runs in my mind. I call my mom and tell her, and she makes an appointment for me at the Radiology place, then I have to go to the DR. and he'll tell me what the results were. Well.. I did the Ultrasound vaginal.. they wouldn't tell me anything there.. (At this point I'm feeling pain like it's my period).. then I go to the Dr's and wait forever to see him.. He said I have a bicornuate uterus. He said I have one side where the baby is (the right) and the other side which is like a regular uterus (why I'm bleeding, because it's acting like a normal uterus, I'm guessing its around the time I'm supposed to have started).. He said if it lasts a long time, or if it becomes very heavy, to let them know ( I don't have medicaid just yet).. They said medicaid only pays for 3 ultra sounds!!!! ... I was like dang it.. that's crazy.. I also have endometriosis (which my mom and sister have).. so things can get pretty painful.. this all happened yesterday.. I went back to work today, and did okay.. Yesterday I was bleeding quite a bit and had some blood clots.. I did have one that felt kind of big, scared me a bit.. but I didn't think nothing of it.. So hopefully.. everything is okay.. but My sister is also pregnant.. she's 5 months I think, and is having a girl.. She had a Dr's appt today, and said she talked to her DR about what I found out about myself.. so it was decent to hear some news.. But this is my first pregnancy, and I'm sooo scared of having a miscarriage.. I've wanted a kid for so long (I know I'm young).. They are the greatest.. I just hope all goes well.. I definitely want to keep posted on here and let everyone know how it's going.. My name is also Shannon :) .. Hope this helps some people out.. Oh and to let some people know... I did read that someone successfully had twins in one horn if that helps any.. I'm sure it was an early birth.. but I think it was accomplished.. Anyways... Nice to see some people like me!

I won't have another Dr's visit till I get medicaid or I have an emergency problem. I'm sure once I get it they'll monitor me closely to figure things out.. Oh and it didn't take long at all for me to get pregnant. So I know that's a good thing! Anyways.. take care everyone!!

-Shannon C.
You sound up beat...that's the first battle.  Stay positive!  Did your doctor pull blood and check your HCG level?  Every two days that number should go up drastically, if not then there is a problem.  When I started bleeding they took blood, two days later they took blood again.  My number had gone from the thousands to the hundreds and they knew I was losing my baby for sure.  Within a few hours of the second day I passed a blood clot tghat was larger than normal for me and knew in my heart it was all over...I hope it goes better for you.  Keep us posted, happy endings always bring a smile to us who are still waiting.

Shannon O
Hey.. Thanks.. I'm trying to be positive.. The DR didn't take no blood because I wasn't really supposed to be there.. I'm not exactly their patient just yet.. so they only did what I went there for.. they couldn't do a whole lot that I know of..  I'm hoping I can get a letter from my medicaid person so I can turn it in so I can get some Dr appts. I Just hope everything is ok.. I'm so scared.. I did have a big blood clot the other night.. I hope that wasn't the baby ... I wish the DR would have done something to reassure me about everything.. Argh.. Things just get so frustrating. How big was your clot ( I know that sounds gross)... but I'm just hoping it wasn't the baby.. I feel like I have a nervous feeling all the time now because all I have to do is wait, and I'm the most impatient person you'll ever meet Lol... I always want things done right away.. Anyways.. Good luck everyone with everything.

Shannon C.
i highly recommend getting medicaid as quickly as you can. because i had a dr. appointment and they checked me and everything seemed ok. liitle did i know, the baby died only a day or so after that appointment. but i didn't even know until i started miscarrying a few weeks later. it was devastating!  since they could only do so much with you because you weren't yet a patient, they didn't run a lot of different tests to see if it may be something else. my first diagnoses was a bicornuate uterus but after having a pelivc exam, it wasn't...with little information, doctors can be wrong at first. i don't mean to scare you, i've been there. i know what it's like not having medical insurance. just be careful, make sure they have explored everything.  let us know what's going on, we're thinking of you.
I have a BU. Something I was told about after my son, who is 21 months. I carried him to 37 weeks, had an emergency c section because he was coming out feet first!!! My whole pregnancy was great, no problems.
We got pregnant again in Sept, they would have been a little less than two years apart, but we had to terminate the pregnancy at 21 weeks because my left side was close to rupturing. I had no idea about the implications of a BU. After my first, I remember the doctor coming in and asking me if I knew that I had a heart shaped uterus. NO!!!!!
Anyways, after losing this baby, the doctors now know that the left side is way too small to house a baby. So I have an appointment for another MRI to see if there is a connection between the two sides. If there is than I guess there is a operation that can be done to remove the small side. If there is no connection, I'm okay because they have removed the tube leading to that side.
It is all so much to take in...I want to get pregnant again, and after reading all these posts, it is scary to think of all of the things that can happen. Has anyone had to surgery to remove the smaller side of the uterus?
I just went through the same thing. all you have to do is pray and TRUST IN GOD. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. YOU WILL HAVE A BABY AND YOU WILL HAVE A C-SECTION BECAUSE I HAD TO HAVE THAT. BECAREFUL HE/SHE MIGHT TRY AND COME OUT EARLY MINE WAS TRYING AT 32WKS AND I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 WEEKS.
hi i was taken in to hospital yesterday as i was bleeding heavy and was losing big blood clots i had a scan and was told that when i had my d&c two weeks ago there was still some tissue left over and that i had to have a medical management of miscarriage done as another d&c was not what they would do i told them that i didnt want that they said that when they do a d&c they go in blind and it didnt work last time so i couldnt have it again they then left me for a hour or so at this point i had to go to the loo i had a lot of pain then as i go up my baby came out in my hand still in its sack and all in tacked i havent been told why yet iv got an appointment in 3wks time

talk soon katie x
Argh.. Things haven't been going too well. I think I had a miscarriage because I'm not feeling anymore of my pregnancy symptoms at all. Yesterday I went to do some blood work for the HcG level.. and I go again on Thursday to find out what the outcome is.. I'm scared to death that I had a miscarriage.. This would suck soo bad. I'll let y'all know what happens. Please pray for me and the baby. We need it :(
i'm sorry to hear the news...i know what that pain feels like and i'm sorry you have to experience it. so, let me understand this right; you had a d&c and they didn't remove the fetus and the sack? so now, it came out on it's own?  that's scary!!! i hope you are ok!!!  let me know how you are doing and the drs. have to say about all this. i'd be very upset!!!
please, please, let us know what you find out!  we will pray for you and your baby!
My heart goes out to you.  I know what you are feeling.  I know how sad you are.  I spend my days still thinking that I would be 6 months along today if...this didn't happen or that did.  I still feel like it will never go away but as time passes it does get easier.  Talking to people on this site helps tremendisly!  I have met some great people in the same situation and we have remained friends.  All the stories aren't sad, occasionally there are posititve stories that will help to get us through the sad times.

Keep in touch...it will help

Shannon O
I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to respond...When I lost my baby the blood clot was about the size of my hand and the bleeding didn't stop after that.  I had bad cramps and there was something inside of me that just knew the baby was gone.  I felt the lose before the blood tests came back.  when the doctor called to tell me blood levels dropped I told her she was too late and I already knew.  I hope your result is different.  I will pray for you.  Keep in touch and let me know what happens.

OH..one last thing...I am very impatient myself...this will teach you that somethings can not be rushed no matter how much you pray for time to pass.  It is terrible!  But nothing we can change and some how we manage to get through it.

Love,
Shannon O
Try not to worry too much about the loss of pregnancy symptoms.  Mine came and went.  Some days I felt like I was going to get my period, other days I felt way off from any normal feeling that I had felt before.  Symptoms usually come and go.  Get the book "what to expect when expecting", it's a great guide.  =)
I am now 33 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  I went for another u/s last Tuesday where I was told that the baby is measuring only one week behind.  My fundal height was measuring 28 cm, and I was 32 weeks.  My doctor says it is most likely because this is my first pregnancy and I have a long torso.  

My daughter is breech right now, she is sitting on my cervix.  We are not sure if she will turn or not.  The u/s tech said he felt she still has plenty of room to turn, but that if she hasn't turned before 36 weeks that I needed to schedule for a C-Section.  We'll see how that goes.

Incase many of you do not know, I have a didelphic uterus, with two cervix, and a vaginal septum.  All of my medical professionals feel that the vaginal septum will stretch for a vaginal birth, they are more concerned about my cervix dialating and the baby flipping head first.  I saw a show called "special delivery" and a woman who had a BU with two cervix was 38 weeks and both of her cervix did dialate.  It was pretty cool to watch it.

I hope all of you enjoy your Easter.  Happy Easter.
Thanks for the post.  It's nice to see that someone is getting things in order and having a successful pregnancy.  Happy Easter to you.  
Well I'm starting to doubt that I might of had a miscarriage, because the blood clot I had wasn't very big at all ( I had already been bleeding like a period, but nothing like a ton of blood or anything after the clot. So I'm not sure?). But it could still of happened because I'm still so early and it wouldn't be that big anyways I don't think, I was about 5 weeks.. I should be about 6 weeks now maybe. Ugh.. I keep trying to think positive and doubt everything that's happened Lol.. I'm like well mayyyyyyyybe it was something else, and maybeeeeeeeee things will be okay. I'll find out for sure tomorrow!!! Wish me luck.. I'ma be so nervous till I find out the results. Also, When I started my period-like symptoms.. I lost my pregnancy symptoms, so maybe that happens?
I passed actual tissue around 14 weeks.. and it turned out to be nothing more than "losening" from having sex.. is what the doctor told me.

IF they do an u/s on you and you are only about 5 - 6 just remember that you may not be able to see anything but the beginning formation of the sac.  My sister had this scare during her second pregnancy and it turned out they were off by the dates because her periods were irregular.. (she actually ovulated without a period).  Don't freak out at first!
I'll cross my fingers for you....please let us know what you find out today.  I really need to hear that everything is ok.  The baby bug is starting to get to me again.  Everything has highs and lows...

Shannon O
Thanks for the positive feedback. But I haven't had sex the whole time I've known I've been pregnant.. They told me not to 'cause they said something about getting pregnant again. So I have no clue.. I'll let y'all know this evening what's going on.. Thanks so much for some information, it's really reassuring. Take care everyone!
Well I found out today that I'm miscarrying.. My results were on Monday around 500 something, and today they were like 100 something.. I knew something wasn't right when I started feeling like my old self again. But I'm trying to look at the positive part of it... The time must have not been right for me and my Honey. We'll get through this rough time.. Hopefully when we try for next time, things will turn out better. Take care everyone..
I just read your post...I'm so sorry to hear the news.  My thoughts are with you ane your husband.

Shannon
I don't know if you are still checking in with us here but I just wanted to know you were doing.  I've been thinking about you.

Shannon
Yeah I'll still post in here. I just havent seen anything going on in here, so I haven't re-posted anything. But I've been doing okay.. Unfortunately.. I'm on my heavyyyy period (Like women are after they have a baby). It sucks. I go back to the Dr. May 2nd for a check up and to see if everything is okay.. I had to do my bloodwork till my Hcg level was at 4.. My arm was turning purple from them poking it so much! But anyways, how are you? How's everyone else doing?
As far as I know we are all doing ok.  You are the one I have been worried about.  I lost my baby 6 months ago and still cry at times.  I know how angry I felt when I was at the point you are.  I had bleeding after I lost the baby too.  It lasted for about 2 weeks but I was only 6 weeks.  

Take Care
Yeah, that's pretty much how mine was. I'm doing fine about it. I cried a lot 2 days after I found out.. I still went to work and everything (I'm the type of person to keep things to myself).. My co-workers didn't know i was pregnant for the longest time, and I didn't tell them about my miscarriage till a week or 2 later and that was only 'cause they kept saying things about being pregnant and it was getting to me. But emotionally it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean yeah it upsets me, but I know I can keep trying and keep being my busy self for awhile. I'm so busy sometimes I don't have time to think about it. But anyways.. I'm doing good, thank you so much for thinking of me. But I'm going to go get ready for work. Take care.
Do you guys think I should try again for a pregnancy right now.. or should i wait? I'm 21, in college, but I really want to have kids.. and so does my Hun.. I keep talking myself in and out of it. I have no clue what to do. I just want to hear some peoples opinions. I know a lot of you will say, stay in school.. just wait a couple years.. but to me.. that's FOREVER... and I'm so impatient Lol.. I want kids.. I see 'em all the time, and pregnant girls.. I'm just like UGH!! I wish that was me. But I know most of those girls haven't had any college and I'm proud of myself for that. I know I would do fine being pregnant/mommy and going to school. I don't think it would be too hard because I'd be going part time pretty much the whole time which is only 2 classes per semester. But anyways.. Just a question. THANKS!
Do you have to work too?  If not, then I say go for it.  I would have the baby but if you have to work full time and go to school you aren't leaving much time for your brand new baby when he/she comes along.  Just my opinion though.  And you should try to convceive when you would deliver a summer baby so you aren't in school at that time.
Yeah I work full time too. And I do go to school during the summer. But I'm only going part time and taking like 2 classes per semester. Friday I have a Dr's appointment for a checkup after my miscarriage. I'm on my period now (2nd one since I had a miscarriage). And they usually say wait till you have a regular period. So I think I'm going to still go for it. If it happens it happens, If not.. it won't. I hope you're doing good sbumblebeeo. I think that if I had the baby I would quit my job and still go to school, and make my hun get a full-time job, because right now he's only part-time.
Hey y'all.. It's been a while. Me and my hun have been ttc after I had my miscarriage. And just a few days ago I got a positive pregnancy test. I know this pregnancy isn't going to be enjoyable at all. I'm going to be so worried about having another miscarriage. I'm guessing I'm only a couple weeks pregnant. I'm not sure when I should try and get a DR's appointment? I hope this time everything goes okay. I'm so paranoid. This time I'm feeling the nausea very early. Last time I didn't have it till I was about 5 weeks. Well I hope everything is going good with everyone. Let me know how y'all are doing!

-Shannon
Hi all,
I have a bicornuate uterus and endometriosis.  I’m currently pregnant for the 2nd time. I’m just five weeks right now. The first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage about 4 yrs ago at 12 weeks.  It has taken me 2yrs to finally get pregnant again.  I started spotting last night and have a really bad feeling about it.  I have my first Doctors appointment this afternoon.  It took me a while to find a Doctor who would take me b/c of bicornuate uterus.  I was told by that I was too high of a risk by three different Doctors and they wouldn’t see me. The Doctor that I will be seeing today is a maternal/fraternal specialist.  I’m hope this Doctor has some experience with my condition.  

Karenrose
hi.
my name is Rachel im 14 and i found out a few days ago threw an ultrasound that i have a bicornute uterus,(no im not pregnate, i had pelvic pains), but the doctor told me this...i was in total SHOCK!, i was mad,hurt, an dvery confused and ive kinda been 2 myself about it cause i still dont know what to think i just kinda feel as though the doc. just took my future cause every lil girl has he dreams about a big family, i know im only 14, but still im really takeing this really hard and the doc. didnt really give me much informatation, she just told me not 2 worry about it, she was kinda insenceitive about it, if anyone knows any words of advice. it would be very helpful in my situation.
THANKS!
Hi, I've been reading all the posts and I just thought I'd drop a word of encouragment. I also have a bicoruate uterus. When I was 17 I became pregnant for my son, Jordan, and when I was 12 weeks I started bleeding really bad. I was at the local clinic at the time and they told me I was loosing the baby. They called the squad and when I got to the hospital the just did a pelvic exam and sent me home saying if I started bleeding worse or passed any clots to come back and bring it with me. About an hour after I got home I passed a large clot and took it to the E.R. with me. They gave me an ultrasound and said the baby was fine and that I had a bit of placenta previa and a bicoruate uterus. They started giving me steroids to mature his lungs in my 6th month becuase they thought he could come any day. He was 2 weeks over due and healthy as can be. I've had 2 healthy babie's since then, 2 from the left horn of my uterus and 1 from the right. God has really blessed me. I remember when I was sitting on the bathroom floor of the clinic and everyone was saying, "It's O.K., you're young. You can have another baby." I told God I didn't care if they thought I was loosing my baby becuase I knew God could fix it, and he did.
Hi, I just found this board. I was recently diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus when I had spotting at 6 weeks of pregnancy. My doctor called me friday to let me know the results of my ultrasound and shocked me with the news that she thinks I am pregnant with twins! I'm not sure how severe my condition is, but I am looking for others who have carried twins in one horn of their bicornuate uterus. I have read all the posts in this thread and saw a few who were, but they stopped posting without letting us know the outcome.

I'm pretty nervous. I have a five year old who was 8 weeks premature and we never knew why. Finally we know it was due to the bicornuate uterus. He has cerebral palsy as a result of hospital error after his head first vaginal delivery in the er. I am nervous to have twins when my son take so much care as he can't walk or talk, but I'm wrapping my head around it and getting used to the idea.

Now my main worry is that carrying twins in one horn could be dangerous for them and me. I have to do what is best for the child I already have, but I can't imagine having to make a decision to reduce or terminate. I've read that docs recommend reducing twin pregnancies. My concern with that is also that they appear to share a gestational sac, which means they are identical, so how would they even perform a reduction?

So many questions, so few answers. My doctors office is supposed to call today to let me know when I go see the specialist. I guess I'll ask him my bazillion questions. no matter the outcome I will come back to update as I want to help others in my situation know what the possibilites are for them.

Oh, I am just over 9 weeks pregnant. Had spotting at 6 weeks but none since.
I have a bicornuate uterus and also had endometriosis. My first pregnancy went off without a hitch, My son was in a transverse lye and no matter what they did to put him in the right spot, he went back. (He is still that stubborn). Noone diagnosed my uterus until about 5 years later with the endometriosis. I have had five miscarriages and two stillborn babies and only two live children. My current situation and maybe someone can help me with this, I am in the process of another miscarriage. The miscarriage started and progressed like they normally do and ended with horrible clots, like normal. I still bled, though, and that is what threw me off. So, I went to the emergency room and after two types of ultrasounds and six hours, they came back and told me the baby was fine with a heart rate of 162 beats per minute. I could have been bought for a dime. The pain is still horrible and the bleeding hasnt stopped. Could there be a possibility that maybe there were two babies? One attached in either side of my uterus and the side that doesnt function well is the side that baby came from? I have an appointment on Wednesday but that question is royally bugging me and so I was wondering if maybe some of you all may have gone thru something similar.
Hi, I saw your post from last October & am wondering what happened with your pregnancy. I was diagnosed with identical twins in left horn of a BU. Seeing a specialist in 2 weeks (@ 11 weeks) but just looking for anyone who has experienced this unusual situation since my Dr hasnt seen it. If you experienced a loss Im so sorry. Thank you

Beth
I also just recently found out I was pregnant with twins.  I've known about my BU since my 1st pregnancy with my son who is now 2 and a half.  I was able to get to 37 weeks with him but now that I have twins I have so many worries.  Would love to know how your appointment went and what your specialist had to say.
Good luck to you and your babies!
~Ninali
Since this is an old thread with only a few newer posts on it, it is possible that Beth won't be reading it any longer.  You could also send her a personal message by clicking on her user name and then following the prompts for "send message."  When someone receives a personal message, they get an email telling them it has come.  Good luck!
Thanks...I will.
~N
I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks after being diagnosed with bicornuate uterus, I was kind of depressed and was trying to find more details when I came across this community. Its scary to read the posts.But I feel since all of us going through the same agony this might be where i can find some peace. I have never felt so miserable in my life before. Is there any precautions that can be taken while trying to conceive to make sure that the baby will be fine. I just dont have the strength to go thru the whole cycle of hope,joy and despair again. I so badly want to have a baby.

i was just diagnosed with the split uterus as well. my first pregnancy was a misscarage.  i have 2 healthy girls. i am on my 4th pregnancy with twins so far i am working and i am feeling ok. really sleepy. i had morning sickness not getting it as bad as i was but i still get a touch of it here and there.  the nurse i was seeing said she has had many clients with this type of uterus. she also said in the 10 yrs of her practice she has never had any of her clients misscarry, who carried twins. so on that note i would say ive had 2 healthy babies maybe to some people it can affect the way they carry the baby but im not worrying about it. i was never told i had a split uterus until now ive had 2 csections and this was never caught. my misscarry i was told was due to stress.  i have the twins in each horn of my uterus and they look to be ok. their hearts are beating normal their growth is right on target. still scarry but dont over worry about this condition cause we will have other things we have to worry about in due time. we know stress is not good for the baby. just make sure you have a reliable doctor maybe get a high risk doctor to just make sure.  but like i said it is possible to carry babies and have healthy ones at that!!!
I have a partial Bicornuate uterus (heart shaped) and I have 3 healthy baby boys with no issues during pregnancy other then the fact that they were all breech. They didn't have enough room to flip. My first was born via csection the day after my due date, and the other 2 were born 10 days early via csection (doc didn't want me to go into labour because they were breech). I was never told about my condition until after the birth of my first son. My OB came in and explained what it was and why my son was breech and that he had no idea until the csection.

I have 3 beautiful healthy boys, but I have also had 2 mis carriages (one between #2 and #3 and another after #3) and my husband and I have been trying for almost a yera now to conceive again but I am starting to loose hope as my periods are completely irregular (never had issuses before). Crossinjg ym fingers I will get my girl one day,

In the mean time I will love and cherish my 3 healthy boys for the rest of my life! It is completely possible to carry babys to term without complications if you have a BCU. I have 3 little guys to prove it.
Thanks for sharing your experience in the internet.  

I also have BCU with a single kidney too. I discovered my single kidney at the age off 22 years old and then only to discover my BCU after a C section delivery of my 1st child.  Suprisingly the doctors here didn't discover it earlier during the pregnancy.  However, my gynie console me saying that it is god's gift and not a fibroid or tumour.  So, don't remove.  See, many got healthy babies too.  You too are able to conceive if everything else is good.  

I now have a total of 3 child via C section. My first was breech but the 2 other were in normal state until final term.  The only thing is that my pelvic did not open, therefore, the doctor advise have a C section as well. The interesting part is that I conceived my first and third via the main uterus and my second conceived in the second uterus. All is well and healthy. After the third child, I did ligation as I was closing to 40 years of age.

When I had my first period, it was very irregular. I had to eat hormon pill month to regulate them.  It then stabilise as I reached the age of 18.  I also vomit easily.  I guess, different body reacts differently with the BCU's presence.

My advise:
1. Check if you have any other congenital defects.
2. Know your blood group as this would give you a guide of your do's and don'ts.
3. Pray and believe in God as only him who can give you miracles

Take care as we are amongst the 0.1 to 0.5% popularities in the world.

Viewing 201-252 comments: