Maternal & Child Community
Black cohosh to regulate cycles?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Black cohosh to regulate cycles?

I have read that if I take black cohosh can help regulate your cycles to better help conceive. I have just began 2 months ago, TTC that is. Any suggestions on other herbal supplements that might help?
Tags: maternal, Pain
hi kric i just read ur mail .. can u plz tell me what is black cohosh i never heard about it ...i m also having irregular cycle . what i know is chestree berry is very good to regulate ur cyle it also help u to concieve (conceive) b/c it increase ur progesterone and decrease ur prolactin .i m thinking to use chestree beryy ...
I used Evening Primrose Oil and I conceived the very first time.  It helps with your cm.  But you must stop it after you O.  So it helps to be tracking your BBT at the same time.
sorry its not chestree beryy spelling error its Chaste tree berry
thanks
try shepherds purse, but ask the salesman at the health food store exactly how to take it, it differs a bit for everyone.
hi beddie can u plz tell me what is evening promise oil where do we got it n whats the use of it ?i m also trying for 17 months no sucess....
Common Use: Traditionally used as a powerful relaxant, useful in the treatment of rheumatic pains, rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, muscular and neurological pain and rheumatoid neuralgia, and to beneficially aid thecramps and regaining normal hormonal activity. female reproductive system, normalizing menstruation, relieving menstrual cramps. or so I have read, So I am on day 2 of this herbal therapy.
be very careful with this stuff. Stop it as soon as you think you might be pregnant. This herb is also used injunction with blue cohosh for herbal abortions/miscarriages.

I would definitely try chasteberry instead.
I have heard that. I think am going to get my irregular periods straight with this herb, b/c i have read irregular periods put you at a higher risk of uterine cancer.
Evening Primrose Oil makes your CM the texture it needs to be for the sperm.  I would also recommed that you track your BBT.  Have you done that at all during the 17 months???  I learned so much about my body tracking my temp, and I new exactly when to BD.
Sorry forgot to answer one of your questions.  You can get it at GNC.
debbie i never did bbt i find it soo difficult .. plus we bd after every other day try to bd every other day . what i notted is middle of my cycle very straing pinch like pain in my lower abdomen just for a sec but very very sharp pain so i think its ovulation pain so bd when i have that pain specialyy ..
thanks 4 ur advice
Why do you find it difficult to track BBT?  Maybe I can help...
hmm i don know how to take it n when to bd according to it
Yes, go for the Vitex/Chaste Tree Berry.  You should also try red raspberry leaf.  I tried lunaception (using light to regulate your cycle) and got pregnant the first time I tried that.
Well first you need to know arounf the time you think you're going to O.  Go to www.ovulation-calendar.net and put in your first day of your last period and it will give you a round about time frame when you will be fertile, remember those days.  Then get yourself a Basal temp and put it right next to your bed, so you don't have to really move to reach it in the morning, (I recommed a digital one) set your alarm for the same time every morning and then take your temp and track.  Usually right before you O your temp will drop, then the next day it will spike up and should remain high.  You also need to be tracking your CM, you're best fertile when your CM is clear eggwhite texture (you probably already know all this already) The Evening Primrose Oil will help withthe CM as well.  The best site I found for your BBT is www.fertilityfriend.com  Try it next month along with the EPO and see what happens - GOOD LUCK!
Agnus-Castus, is that the same as Vitex?
yah i its the same thing when ever i search on google for chastree berry it open sites with name in bracket vitex agnus castus.
thankd for just detail answer ill really help me again thaks a lot.:)