Bleeding, clotting and severe cramps issue during 4 weeks of pregnancy
I am 25 year old and 4 weeks pregnant but i had a gush of bleeding and clots 2 days ago and now m experiencecing spotting and a blood in urine,i have pain in my abdomin also, my doctor suggested me dophaston and transamin and m taking 10mg of dophaston twice a day and 250mg of trasamin thrice a day but m very scared about the baby, is it gonna be safe? what are the chances of me getting a miscarriage? Can dophhaston and transamin cause any birth defects or abnormality in the baby? Also m on bed rest as suggested by my doctor. Please guide me m very scared and upset.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about all this stress in your pregnancy. Your doctor has probably diagnosed this as threatened abortion and hence started medications to stop it. The medications are unlikely to harm the baby. However, if the bleeding stops, you will need a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 completed weeks to see if there is a properly growing baby or not.Take care!