Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bleeding

I was six weeks pregnant and on Saturday I started bleeding lightly it got progressivly worse I was told to relax by the doctor. On monday I passed tissue and went into the ER. The doctor said it was more then likley the baby then did an ultrasound anyway and saw nothing. YEsterday while on my way to get more blood drawn a nurse calls and tells me that my blood tests has changed from routine to stat. Then she says that the tissue was not the fetus or placenta and that it is most likley part of my vaginal wall? What does this mean? I havn't passed anymore tissue but I am still bleeding and having blood clots tho not nearly as bad as it was on monday. I am lost and worried something is seriously wrong with me. ButI can't find anything out till the tests come back. Please help.

Liz
i am so sorry you are going through this. unfortunately i have never heard of anyonr sluffing off the wall but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

when are you supposed to get results back?
~nanci
I once had some of my uteran wall come out. I was told not to worry that it would go back, but I was not pregnant, so I don't know what to tell you. I would call the dr and find out.
I am sorry you are going through this and you are in my thoughts. If they did an ultrasound and saw nothing then most likely you did pass the sac.  Since you were so early in the pregnancy, there is not much that you would pass because its so small.
Do you have severe cramping also and is the bleeding more like AF?  

guinea
the cramping hasn't been severe at all. Very low level. I have already accepted that the baby is gone. It hurts and I am very sad but there is nothing I can do. I am worried that something else is happeneing tho. Something more serious. So I was hoping someone might know what is happening.
Sorry you are having to go thru yhis. I had a m/c on 3/28 and was also 6 weeks along. Idid have terrrible crampming, u/s showed nothing in uterus. Also, I passed three inch "blood clot" that turned out to be the baby.

I agree sounds more like uterin lining, than wall and may be a m/c. When do you get tests back? Did they draw blood to chech HCG levels?

PS sorry about typiun, my cat bit my right wrist real bad  and I'm having to type with left hand only.
I am sending good thoughts your way.  I would say from my personal experience, that you did have a miscarriage.  I do not know about the rest of what your doctor stated.  I would just keep a close eye on it and listen to your body.
Your in prayers
maria
Has the doctor checked to see if your hcg levels are doubling?  That would really tell all.
Perhaps they meant the uterine lining? Some of the clots you lose in a m/c are lining. Bu tif they SAID uterine wall, thent aht is something I have never heard of. As for looking for the actual embryo, chances are that if you are 6 wks and m/cing that the pg was not viable some time before that. When most of us m/c we can tell you the week we m/c and the week the embryo stopped growing and usually that is a few weeks before the actual loss. That being said, you wouldn't find anything even slightly resembling a fetus this early.

I wish I had more answers for you otherwise, and I am very sorry for your loss. I know it is devestating to have to go through.
I am going threw the same thing, i have passed tissue b4 but i wanst pregnant and it ended up to be s severe yeast infection but i dunno what it is this time the doc didnt say ne thing he just sent me in for test and i go back thursday for more but i find out whats going on friday what was your results??
Hi there
Im going through the very same thing. I started bleeding on monday night, went to the er on tuesday and they di the whole precdure. They saw no sac and said that i probably was having a mis carraige. So i left there and last night i think i passed the fetus....not too sure. I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow but the will only be taking blood again to test my hormone level. Its annoying just waithing around and not knowing the real answer. If i had the real answer that i had a miscarraige (miscarriage) or not at least then i could grieve and move on,..with out feeling heartless.