Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding 3 days after evacuation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding 3 days after evacuation

I had an evacuation on Saturday 9/10/2011 due to a blighted ovum at 6 weeks. There was normal bleeding after the procedure and it stopped after 2 days. All of a sudden, i started bleeding heavily this afternoon. I don't know what to think. My husband feels it might be my period. But i doubt that as the time is just too short. Please i need an explanation on this. Thanks
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You can bleed up to 6 weeks. As your hcg level and progesterone level drops you will bleed since the lining is being shed and whatever was left over is shed. If it continues more then 6 weeks I would go back in since they might have missed something and you have retained products of conception
Blank
Thank you very much for your response. But SIX weeks is kinda scary. Does this mean that myself and my husband cant have sex all through this period?
Blank
No u shouldn't.  I was told by my dr to wait 6 weeks before having sex again.
Blank
Wow!!! OK. That is noted then. Although i saw a Gynae Consultant who told me we can start having sex after the bleeding stops. But guess i will have to wait and see
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...