Bleeding after Miscarriage/d and c
Any help would be great. I was sixteen weeks pregnant and went in to the ER with a headache, they did an ultrasound and baby had no heartbeat. They admitted me and induced labor and baby was born. However the placenta was detatched and would not come out. So they took me into surgery for a d and c. This was almost a month ago. I have had really really heavy bleeding with huge clots. It had finally tapered off about a week ago, but today it started again and I passed a really large clot-like thing but it was flesh colored with some blood. I am still having some pelvic pain but no cramping anymore. Do I need to go back in? It really freaked me out. Thank you,.
hi,

sorry for your loss x

it could be your period kicking in but i would at least ring for medical advice if you are losing large clots, i've never had a d&c after a loss its always happened naturally, but i would seek advice

all the best xx
I am sorry for your loss. I had a D&C a little over a year ago and the bleeding quit within a week, no clots at all. I would definitely go back to the doctor because they could have missed something, which could pose a risk for infection.