Bleeding after vaginal delivery
How long does bleeding last after you deliver? I gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding! My doctor has lifted all my restrictions except sex and he said I can start swimming and bathing once the bleeding stops. I am going to visit family in Indiana this Thursday and they have a beautiful pool that I would like to enjoy with my 9 year old, but it just don't seem to be letting up!!
You can bleed anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. I didn't stop bleeding until about 4 1/2 weeks after giving birth to my daughter.
you probably won't be able to go swimming with you 9 year old. when did you stop bleeding when you gave birth to your other child??? that might give you an idea of when you'll stop! mine didn't stop for about 7 or 8 weeks after i gave birth, but it was mostly just spotting.. nothing heavy
i am at 7 plus weeks and still bleeding

my doc at 4 weeks said I could still not do anything until after 6
hows little Brian doing, sounds like everything is well. i blead with my daughter for 2 months almost, Trevor on the other hand i have been just spotting off in on now, there will be a day i dont bleed and the next will spot. im asking the same question as you..WHEN will it stop, i guess the only way we will no is when it happens doctors and stuff say 4 to 6 wks from what ive heard but everyones body is different...

i hope you can go swimming with your 9 yr old, im sure she would enjoy that since most of your time is with the little one.

my family went to the beach today, i let my daughter swim and play and she just had a blast of fun, she started crying because she didnt want to go home.

hope all is well hope to hear from you with updates.
ksanden
10 years ago when i had my son i was still bleeding VERY heavily when i went back for my 6 week checkup.  since it was still very heavy, the doc gave me meds to stop my bleeding....but he told me it was only because i was bleeding so heavy too.
Thanks for your replies. I dont remember it last this long with my first child, but that was 10 years ago. Its no big deal though, I just wanted to be able to get wet and have some fun with my son since I am always so busy with the baby. There are plenty of other thing to do with him! I also thought it was weird that my Doctor didnt tell me 6 weeks. He told me I can exercise and everything?? It seems early, but I've been doing it everyday and I feel fine.

ksanden,
       I hope all is going well with your baby. We are still having sleepless nights, but hes worth it. My husband did all the feedings Friday night and I got anbout 9 hours of good sleep. Boy did I need that!! Hey have you ever been to talkingbabies.com? Its a nice website! You can become a VIP member for free and create a webpage about your baby with pictures. I have been a member since I got pregnant. My page is full of belly pics, nursery, and baby Brian pics. I used is as my journal when I was pregnant. Its a great place to chat with other moms! check it out if you get time! My screen name is the sam eon that site.

my sister bleed untill 3 months, but the bleeding came and go, so i think it is not something so weired, but ask your doctor, there is something that i saw yesterday called "the cup" it might help, check it up. and what about tampons, or the swiming diapper as babies lol... joking with the last one.
I stopped bleeding at about 5 weeks....
My first I bleed for 7 weeks Good luck!
I had my baby June 3rd, and I bleed continually for about 2 weeks, then spotted, now it's like every other day I'll start to bleed a little, a little more than spotting though.  

I can't remember with my other two, but boy is it annoying, especially when it has stopped, and then in a day or two, it starts again!  I too want to go swimming with my other two kids.  I have my 6 week appointment in 2 more weeks, I can't wait.