Bleeding at 29 weeks
Boy did I get a scare on Friday afternoon. I was out and about some that day, and about 5 o'clock I went to go to the bathroom and there was bloody mucous about the size of a nickel or a quarter in my underwear. When I wiped, there was more of the same!! So I called my doc right away and she told me to come to Labor and Delivery. She was on call and wanted everything checked. We went there and did an internal exam and said externally I was dialated to 1cm and internally nothing much really. I had a few contractions while I was there!!! They did an ultrasound and determined the baby is fine, just mom and dad are panicy. They sent me home on bed rest for a few days!!! Can anyone explain what the external versus internal dialation means>???? I would appreciate it!
I am not a doctor but from what I have read there is the internal os and the external os of the cervix, and the internal os begins to dilate first and then the external dilates. So according to what your doctor said it sounds a little backwards. I hope this helps and I hope everything goes well.
If you still have questions and are still worried I would talk to your doctor for better clarification of what is going on or get a second opinion.  

PeanutMom
Thank you so much!!! I still am getting a pinkish tinge. I see the doc on Saturday so I will try to take it easy until then. I am more concerned about the dialition part. They seemed semi concerned with that and the contractions!
I know how you feel.  When I was pg with my DD 6 1/2 yrs ago I had the same thing at around the same time.  I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was blood on the TP.  I called to my husband to come in and I just cried.  I always thought bleeding meant m/c.  I was so scared.  I called the dr right away and they did not even ask to see me.  They just told me to put my feet up and stay in bed for the weekend.  It did go away then and all was fine but I was terrified.  Well that was my first baby and I did not know anything.  I relaxed a lot more with my second pg which did end in a m/c without warning.  I was a nervous wreck with my 3rd pg and had no problems and all was fine again.  I have a beautiful baby boy who I just love to death.  He is wonderful.  Hang in there.  Your u/s was ok so I am sure you will do just fine.
cmn
Okay you have me very worried about you, are you having any more contractions? I can't believe that your already 1cm dialated, i will pray that the you and the baby wait a little longer. Besides all that how did your glucose test go? How are you feeling? Are you still on bed rest?
I am hanging in there!!! I go back to the dr on Saturday. I am not on bedrest any more. Just taking it easy. If I over due it, the contractions start again. As for the dilation, not sure. Very confused about the internal versus the external dilation. I was hoping Christie could help me out!!! Hopefully she will come on soon. My glucose test was fine!! How are you?