Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding during pregnancy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bleeding during pregnancy...

I am 11 weeks 4 days pregnant. I have had 3 m/c in the past. This past Thursday i began spotting, a little at first and then more like bleeding than spotting. i called the dr and they sent me in for an u/s. The u/s showed a healthy baby measuring perfectly with a strong heartbeat. They really couldn't see any reason for the bleeding. has anyone else experienced this: bleeding but a healthy baby on u/s? The dr said not to worry but it is hard not to considering my history. Oh yeah - right now the bleeding has returned back to only spotting here and there.
I would understand the anxiety no matter what but especially aftering suffering 3 m/c. A good friend bled pretty heavily at 10 weeks and had a prefectly healthy baby girl. I, on the other hand, began to spot right from the beginning (never an bleeding) and lost my angel at 8.5 weeks. The doc suspects that the loss may have been due to a subchorionic bleed in my uterus. ???? Best of luck and try to relax. If baby looked great via u/s, than that's what you need to run with and think about.
If they saw the baby and a heartbeat just listen to the Dr. and relax, especially if the bleeding is slowing down. Sometimes women bleed which isn't normal, but common. I can imagine how scaed you are I've had 2 miscarries and I am 11 weeks today. I would be worried to. But hang in there I think everything will be ok!! God Bless you!
Yes I have been in for one at 7 weeks and 3 days. I don't know how they could tell yours is a boy. At this time the genitals are swollen and a girl may look like a boy. My little cousin was born at 6 months gestation and they couldn't tell when he was born. So they named him chris, either christopher or christina, but they had to have something to call the baby. But he hended up being a boy!! lol Although I do hear that at this time their genitals are shown, but my dr wont even try to look until you're 20 weeks. I think i'm having a girl but we shall see! What are you hoping for? I already have both so I really just want a nice healthy baby!!
Thank you both for your comments. The bleeding has seemed to stop completely for now, so I am very glad of that! I am still a little nervous and probably will be until this baby is born, but I am trying to relax and just take it easy. It is in the Lord's hands no matter what happens and I just have to focus on that.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, jgirl!! Have you been in for an u/s, yet? I was told the other day the baby "appears" to be a boy, but i realize it is soon to know for sure. However, there was definitely something there. He did a complete headstand during the u/s, and you could definitely see something!
I was really surprised to see that your doc told you that he couldnt find a cause for the bleeding. I am now 24wks along and had irregular bleeding/ spotting for the first 13 wks, during the u/s my doc found that I had a blood clot between my crevic and placenta that was trying to pass, at one point the bleeding turned into more of a hemorrage at 12wks. I have also had several miscarriages so i know how scared you are. but there are things that can be looked into...My doc recommended that because of the past losses my cervix may have been weakened and there for could lead to another loss, at 13 wks I had a cerclage put in , it's where they put stitches into the cervix to help keep it closed and strong, it hurt like hell for a day or so after, they give you an epiduralwhen they put it in and i spent 1 night in the hospital, you can do normal daily things with this in. however I have not had any bleeding since, the stitches come out in the begining of the 9th month so you can go into labor naturally. it is not recommended for everyone but I would at least bring up the option w/ your doc. that may help. I had a different doc for the last few yrs and he kept telling me thats nature. yeah right! so when my new doc found this common prob (incompetent cervix) i was thrilled..finally something can be done to help. good luck w/ your baby i wish you the best.
HI
ME AND MY HUBBY HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ON DEC. 25 BUT I'VE BEEN HAVING A NORMAL PERIOD (CRAMPING AND ALL) BUT I'VE HAD ALOT OF SIGNS OF PREGNANCY. COULD I STILL BE PREGNANT?
PLEASE HELP!!!!
im in da same situation, im all confused
I am 4 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first child following my first cycle of IVF.  On 2/21 I began to have brown to dark red spotting on the tissue when I used the bathroom, but blood test 2/22 was positive.  The bleeding turned redder over next day and got heavier to needing to wear a pad, but repeat test on 2/24 showed positive with more than double the value of HCG (perfect per IVF nurse}.  The nurse reassured me that I should try to relax about the  bleeding because it was still positive despite it, but I cant relax.  Based on everything I have read, this sounds like I am scheduled for a US at 6.5 weeks (3/13) and don't think that i can go that long not knowing whats going on.

Anyone ever had this and went on to a normal pregnancy??
I been having a brown spotting for the last 4 days. Yesterday I had intercourse and I had a red bleeding last night, just few drops and a bit more when I wipe after I use the bathroom. This morning I'm still bleeding a bit, I have a doctor's appoinment this morning so I hope with God's will that everything will be ok. I have read that alot of pregnancy in first trimester that its normal to bleed a little as long as it doesnt have the pelvic and lower back pain. Just keep your faith to God, He had given us this opportunity and no matter what we feel that seems not normal, specially when doctors has no answers, He is the ONLY one that can really help us and will continue to take care of us. Give Thanks and Praise to His Kindness, He has plans for us and I know it's the BEST. Good Luck to everyone!
I am 18 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding since week 10.  The first time I started bleeding it was during intercourse and there was blood everywhere, although I have not bled as bad since then I still have bleeding and spotting at least 3 to 4 times a week.  Yesterday I went back to the OB as I started bleeding with clots for no reason at all he told me after a scan that the veins feeding the placenta are lying over the opening of my cervix and this is why I am bleeding.  I have been told no gym, intercourse or lifting anything heavy and that hopefully the veins will move.  He said it is likely I will bleed my entire pregnancy but baby is fine.  I think my big burning question is now what happens when I go into labour and the cervix starts opening and the veins have not moved?
My last period was 1/29/06. I found out I was pregnant on march 5th. I was bleeding on and off on march 12th and a small blood clot came out. My doctor told me to stay in bed. I saw my doctor on the 13th and he told me my uterus was larger than expected meaning I might be or was further along then i thought. I am not bleeding anymore it turned brownish and only visible when i wiped. I am very paranoid, I don't know what to think. I hate this waiting game for my lab results. I have had two miscarriages before. Has this happened to anyone before? I still am nauseous in the morning and my breast still hurt. I am scared because my doctor said i am or was pregnant. I don't know what to do.
My last menstrual cycle was 01/25/06. I have had three kids already so am  pretty sure of the preg. signs.although i had my tubes tied 8 years ago people have told me i  could still get pregnant. I had some spotting last week was light at first then became heavy for about a day or two  then spotted and stopped.  I still havethe other signs of preg.:breast tenderness, nausea, cravings, mood swings. i am scared to go to the dr. because i don't want to be disappointed. didn't know if bleeding was a common thing in  early preg. always pegged that as a sign of a m/c. anyone feel the same way?
I'm a little over 4 weeks pregnant. I started having period-like bleeding last Sunday and it just stopped yesterday after I passed what looked like a little blood clot. If that was a miscarriage, wouldn't I still be bleeding? I had a pelvic exam yesterday and the doctor said my cervix is closed and looks good. I'm so worried about having a miscarriage. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if it's happened to other women as well. Every now and then I have sharp pains near my vagina but my sister said that's the uterus getting bigger for the baby. My breasts are a little tender and I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nautious. Does it sound like I'm still pregnant? I go back to the doc tomorrow for a blood test so they can see if the hormones have doubled. I just want someones opinion, tomorrow seems like so far away. Thanks.