Aa
A
A
Close
Bleeding one month after Cervical Cerclage
I was diagnosed with cervical incompetence in my first pregnancy at 23 weeks. Emergency cerclage was performed and bedrest ordered. Baby born one week before due date, normally and healthy. I am pregnant for the second time. Had elective cerclage at 14 weeks to be on the safe side. Now at 17 weeks I have had two episodes of bleeding two days apart. The first was just spotting while the second was light bleeding enough to stain a panty liner. Doctor did vaginal check and ultrasound scan and found nothing wrong with the stitch, cervix and the baby. Ordered bedrest for me. I am very scared and would like to know the possible reasons for my bleeding. Please help. One more info - the doctor who performed cerclage surgery felt that my cervix was already soft at 14 weeks. Wonder if that helps.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
156876_tn?1218634948
I had a cerclage done at 21 weeks and the bleeding subsided before I left the hospital.  I am currently 30 weeks and going strong...and going crazy on bedrest :)  If the doctor found nothing wrong then I would just think it would be cervical irritation.  My OB advised some spotting could occur from the cervix being irritated but that was a week or so after the surgery.  I wish you luck and many blessings!!!
Comment
Cancel
156876_tn?1218634948
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello ladies, I Had a cerclage done at 16 weeks.  I am now 19 weeks, and have already began to funnel a little bit.  Has this happened to either of you all?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
lost a baby at 18 weeks and scared because here i am again at 18 weeks had a cerclage done at 13 weeks i want  to get past this with out fear and have a heathly baby ....... any help to make me feel better  thanks beth
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hello ladies, i'm pregnant for the 3rd time and had a cerclage done at 13 wks,  i'm still bleeding a wk after d cerclage was done, d doc examined me and confirmed both baby and sticth are ok. I'm really scared, any advise on wat to do
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Bleeding one month after Cervical Cerclage
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources