Maternal & Child Community
Bleeding while PG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bleeding while PG

Hey everyone, I'm new.

I tested for PG on May 18th bc of how I felt.  I had implantation spotting on Mother's Day & the following Wed which let to testing on that Friday.  I don't know when my LMP was so I'm screwed for dates.

I have had brown bleeding & one day of red, which has slowed down.  Went to the ER to get and ultra sound & the tech told me I'm in very early PG...all they saw was a yoke sac etc & no HB.  I think it's doomed but I'm hearing of all kinds of miracles.  I should be around 8 weeks PG at the earliest but that's not what the ultra sound shows.  Maybe 6 weeks if I'm lucky.  I'm going for a follow up ultra sound in two weeks to see.  How could I be only that far along?  I tested 5 weeks ago.  So I'd have to be at least 8 weeks along?  I'm not holding out much hope bc I've had mc's before.

What do you all think?  How early can one get an postive on a home pg test?

Thanks Tracy
Have you gone to your dr. to get a bloodtest? That would indicate your hcg levels.

i know its awful but you may just have to wait.  i wish you the best.
If you tested positive on May 18 and today is June 22, let us say you had just implanted a few days before May 18, just enough to get to a positive on a test.  May 18 to June 22 is 6 weeks.  So whether you are "eight weeks pregnant" or not (remember, dating a pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period, including the two weeks before you would even ovulate in that cycle and couldn't yet even BE pregnant) you could still be at about 6 weeks or only a little more, in terms of the actual age of the fetus.  When was the ultrasound in relation to the May 18 positive test?  If less than six weeks from it, you were probably seeing what is normal to see at that point.  Hope this is the case!  Don't stop taking the prenatals and folic acid yet, this might be it.  Annie
My HCG level was 32,193.  I'm getting another next week with my GP.  The U/S was just a few days ago.
the bloodwork will tell you what's going on for sure.