Maternal & Child Community
Blood clot in uterus?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Blood clot in uterus?????

Hey girls,  Ive been gone for 4 days so I see I have missed alot.  I was admitted to the hospital on wed. morn b/c of usual cramping and brown spotting.  They did another u/s....#4 and found a blood clot in the uterus.  Baby is doing well....10 weeks and hb is 167. They have no answers for the blood clot and if it will go away.  Im at my witts end b/c Im terrified to m/c again.  Has anyone ever had a blood clot in the uterus or have any insight on this.  Thanks girls.
Hi Ally. I am so happy for you. I dont have an answer for you but wanted to say congrats :)
I had a blood clot, or a hemaoma, whatever near the placenta earlier this pg. I started having gushes (literally) of blood while at work. It soaked thru my khakis and ran down my legs. I was 15 wks 4d at the time. THe u/s showed everything was fine, cervix was closed, baby was doing fine. My OB said it would take weeks for the bleeding to clear up. It really did!! I didn't stop bleeding/spotting for another 4 weeks, off and on. It really sucked. I also had bad cramping and soreness down by my cervix. I also had a pushing pressure, although my cervix was closed.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. BTW, I'm almost 28 wks now and the baby's doing great!! No more spotting or anything so I guess whatever it was worked its way out.
Thanks for sharing.  How do you know your cervix was closed??  Would they have told me if mine was open?
I am glad that your babie is doing fine. It is good to hear of songbird being in a simular situation and having a great outcome! I have heard other stories like that and all has been fine!
I know it must be quite scary, but hang in there.
Thinking of you.
when I went to the ER, the dr there was absolutely awesome!! He did an internal exam and said my cervix was closed, then went straight to the u/s, where she said it looked like my cervix was ok too. It was very scarey, and I had to take off quite a bit of work. Everytime I went back to work, I'd start bleeding dark red w/cramps afterwards (I waitress). I think I needed a week or 1 1/2 off.

My OB was less concerned as they told me there was really nothing that could be done to prevent this, and to maintain my current activities.
My dr. has put me on bed rest for 4 weeks!!  I think its bull, but I dont want to go against what she says.  I have been puttering around the house, but nothing major.....dh waits on me hand and foot.  Gotta love him. LOL!!
i had a big clot last preganncy - tghey just kept monitoring it and told me to take it easy - baby turned out fine

this time I had one and it was funny how unffreaked I was casue I had one last time
wow!! I was expecting mine to put me on bedrest esp since he said I'd be having the 'episodes' for a couple weeks. I asked him if there was anything I should/not do and he just said to abstain from BD until the bleeding clears up.???

This is a new OB that I'm going to. WIth my now 3 1/2 yo, my old OB put me on bedrest at 16 weeks for the remainder of the pg. I had placental abruption, where the edges of the placenta kept tearing away from the uterus.

WIth my now 17 month old, the same OB tried to put me on bedrest at 31 weeks for PTL epidodes, but I refused for awhile. I actually told her I quit working, but didn't. My son finally came at 36 weeks after 47 1/2 long hours of labor.

With this current one, I started out having something called cervical erosion. I started having the symptoms back in april after a D&C done in march for a missed m/c. So, I was pretty used to spotting. But I was ordered to abstain from BD then for my cervix to heal. It did, then I had that freaking hematoma let loose.

I can honestly say enjoy the bedrest. Get the rest now while you can, and the pampering. You'll be bored for the 1st week, then you'll find a TV routine, and it'll go so much faster. I also played a lot of hand held solitaire, and read tons of pg magazines.

Best luck. I think we'll be seeing you here more often in the next couple weeks :-)
I had bleeding and spotting from week 5 to week 18. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage. Also had a clot but I passed it, it was about 2" in size, I'm guessing. I am now at 22 1/2 weeks and waiting for my next u/s, the last one was at 14 weeks and showed that the hemorrhage was healing on it's own. I know how scary it is to have bleeding and spotting during pregnancy as I've been pregnant four times and had bleeding with every one of them, the first three ended in m/c but I'm confident that God will bless my DH and I with this baby. If you haven't checked this website out already, I think you should:                                                     http://www.angelfire.com/home/joeynrobin/subchorionic.hematoma.html

It helped me to read the stories of those women going through the same thing and I learned more about what was going on. I pray that things will only get better for you. Please keep us updated on how you are doing and take care!

Crystal
Crystal- Thankyou for that website....Wow thats amazing.  I hope my story is a sucessful one.  Thankyou to all you other girls for your kind words and encouragement.  This site is so great!  
You're welcome! Yes! I do agree, this is a great place with nice women who gladly offer help and support and I've learned alot just by reading about other's experiences. In fact, I'm going to start taking notes!!

Hey--you said you had a blod clot but the baby was ok?  I am hoping my bleeding is not going to result in a miscarriage and is becuase of something harmless to the baby.  I am only about 5 weeks pregnant, so I am early, but have been bleeding for 4 days.  I began taking progesterone pills to increase my hormone level which the doctor said is very low.  He said I would most likely miscarry--but I said bye-bye and am going to a different ob who will have hope like me.  I am praying the pills are raising my hormone level high enough to carry this baby.  My previous OB has me so scared.  I am praying that when I see the new on on Thursday, I will get good news and be told I am bleeding for another reason.  My old ob didn't even exam me to see if my cervix is closed--he saw the blood and seemed grossed out.  I pray he was 100% wrong.
i'm glad to have read stories from you ladies it really helped ease my worries becuase i'm spotting to due to the subchrionic hemorrhage btu my ob/gyn told me not to worry she has actually seen this more often then i thought so thank guys.
I too had bleeding and cramping early in my pregnancy.  When I went to the ER, it too turned out to be a blood clot.  However mine was from losing our 3rd baby (which cause a tear or something like that and then a hematoma like growth) - we were pregnant with triplets.  It took quite awhile for the bleeding to stop.  We are now happily 35 weeks pregnant with twin boys.  Hang in there - and keep us posted.
kl81,

Hi I had D&C in March, had misscarriage at 8th week as it is missed one. and I bacame pregnant in july again. On 24th day I have seen some bleeding I thought it was a period but it was very light. Then after 1 month 1week I tested pregnancy test and got positive. After that 7 weeks U/S got good hearbeat 164 and again at 9th week 174. I have seen some brown spotting staring at 9th week. Then that became complete red at 10th week and with big red clot and after that I had continuous red bleeing almost 2,3 hrs. I went to immediate U/S and Baby is just doing fine and hearbeat is 182. They have seen some small blead clot in uterus that is very far from Baby. So they just suggested me have rest for 2,3 days it will heal up automatically. But I have bleeding for 3 days then turned to brown and again dark red(few spots) and now I am in 11th week. I donno what is going but praying to god!! Did any one have similar situtaion and got healthy baby???
I am 16w5d and still bleeding. I have a clot, they called it a subchorionic hematoma. The baby is doing well but I still spot brown regularly. I was on bed rest for a week, told  i could return then put back on for a month 2 weeks ago. It is scary but I have read a lot and found that MANY women carry full term and the babies are healthy. There is nothing that can be done to help so just take care of yourself and allow yourself to rest. Good Luck! Let me know how things go.
Hi, this is my first pregnancy and i'm now  8weeks and few days and i have bleeding since last week saturday just a slight light red blood everytime i wipe. so i went to the hospital and they told me that i also have subchronic hematoma i was terrified. but the bleeding stopped and started again the week after and  yesterday i seen a dark brown blood when i wiped myself but it was just a little, until i got off of work and my lower abdominal and my side started hurting and when i went to use the bathroom, i then wiped myself again i had a lot of dark brown blood on the tissue and about three blood clots and i am so worried and scared, but i prayed that me and my baby is ok. this morning i woke up and i still show signs of bleeding just a little of the dark brown blood. i did not go to the hospital due to that my appointment with my doctor is tomorrow to get a sonogram and i hope everything is ok. right now i'm still shaken up from what i saw and very worried and i'm just hoping and praying that my baby is ok.
My daughter woke up yesterday with hives.(3/18/09) went to ER and they gave be meds for them, she came home and they got worse so we go back to the ER and she told the ER Doctor that she was worried about the baby (she is 6weeks & 5days) the dr told her she was NOT going to call in the U/S person in this late just for you. OK that pissed me off we took the meds for the hives and left. She got up this morning and drove 45 minutes to the next town to their ER and they treated her so very good and were worried about the baby. did a U/S and babies heart rate was 130bpm so we were happy, but they then told her that she had urtivaria subchorionic bleed to see a OBGYN ASAP... This is the 2nd time she has been pregnant first time ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks but they told us that on the U/S the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks and it took that long for her body to start bleeding didnt understand that and now I dont understand this (urtivaria subchorionic bleed).
If she looses this baby I dont think she will make it thru. It almost killed her to loose the first one. I am so glad I found this site and got to see that someone could tell me something about this things because I could NOT find anything online about it.
Hi I'm 9wks 4 days and have spotted 3x already!. The first time I  was spotting was while I was at work when I was 8 wks. I went to the ER on friday night and had a vaginal sono done. They told me everything was fine and the baby's heartbeat was fine and everything was ok. They diagnosed me w/ threatened miscarriage. I stopped spotting and it returned again on sunday.  I f/u w/ my OB and had a sono done again. He told me that they baby is fine and that I had a blood clot. Now at 9wks 2days I spotted again it was minor but am having sharps pains that come and go.Should i be worried? I have an appt on friday and pray that everything is ok. I did speak to my OB today and he said not worry that he doesn't think its anything bad. Im scared I will have a miscarriage. I previously had a miscarriage when i was 15 wks but I had no bleeding the baby's heartbeat stopped. I just pray that this one will be different and that the pain and spotting is due to the blood clot.
i'm 7 weeks and 2 days in and my dr found a blood clot on the inside of my uterus, and has put me on bed rest, i'm trying not to stress but does anyone have high hopes for this situation? i have already had 1 m/c :(

please help!
I have not had such a great track record with pregnancies(lots of miscarriages). I have a beautiful little girl who is 3 now and her pregnancy was very stressful.  I ended up in the hospital for preterm labor several times and was on bed rest from 28 wks on to stop labor several times.

I am now 9 wks pregnant and was diagnosed with SCH (Subchorionic Hematoma) at 7.5 wks.  I fell on Ice during the last snow storm we had and fell forward on a box I was carrying and hit my stomach pretty hard.  I contacted the OB, because of MAJOR cramping I started with.  They didn't seam concerned because there was no bleeding.  Well 2 days later it started and I freaked out, because I thought I was going to loose yet another pregnancy.  Finally the OB would see me, did an exam and ultrasound.  He told me that the baby has a good heart beat, so he felt as though I would make it through the first trimester, but was concerned with the SCH and needed to monitor me for the next several weeks. Take it easy, no lifting, ect.  I have been cramping like crazy and passing clots anywhere from the size of pencil eraser to the size of a quarter(which has been the biggest).  Once I pass the clot, then I get a Dark Brown discharge the entire next day.  It will go away for a few days and then start again.  This so does not feel normal to me, but from the sounds of things everyone is pretty much on the same page.  I just wish that I could relax!
April 1,2011 I had very dark red bleeding and rushed to the hospital where they did 2 ultrasounds and told me absolutely nothing. The ultrasound tech told me that the placenta was way back in the right spot and that my cervix was closed. 4 days afterwards the bleeding stopped. 2 days ago it decided to come back and this time it is more of a brownish bleeding. Found out today that the ultrasound says I have a clot in my uterus but noone has told me anything. They don't know why it's there or anything else helpful towards me and my nerves. I have no idea what to do, my first pregnancy was perfectly normal and no problems....
Hi, I'm about 5-7 wks and I have been bleeding and light cramps went to ER two day ago and hcg level was normal!! When I went to my doctor yesterday there was nothing in the v/ultrasound;( going check my hcg level at 3:00 hopefully they have doubled.. Has anyone ever had symptoms like such and if so was there a good turn out??
I am currently going through the same stuff.  I am 8 weeks 2 days along now.  My midwife is currently checking my hormone levels.  She has not diagnosed it as this, but it seems like the same symptoms as I am having.  Light bleeding with some light cramps.  I was put on progesterone after my first blood work came back.  My hcg levels were increasing, but not as much as they should be on the second blood work.  I had another test done this morning.  So, I will find out tomorrow what kind of information that brings since being on the progesterone.  I'm hoping that it will help increace my hcg levels.  I had one ultrasound last week, but they said it was too early to see anything.  All they saw was a sac.  My first pregnancy was all normal.  So, this is new to me.
Hi u have a blood clot near my placenta about 8cm long no bleeding and small sticking pain evevery now and then and my baby is moving alot the doctor didn't put me on bed rest but do you think I should go on it.by the way am 27 weeks.should I travel I want to take a week off to relax?
Hi I am in 7 weeks pregnancy and i have a small clot of blood in mu uterus. I am wondering . Please tell me is there any major problem.

Hi my name is Tamara and am going through the same thing.
I am 11weeks and this all started very early. Around 5weeks.
I have had two episodes of gushing bright red. Which both sent me to the ER. The Dr hasn't said much or done much as everyone says I am early still. A word I am very sick of, as I am worried sick. I have had two US and they have showed a very large SCH. The last one I had at 8weeks showed baby was fine and heart rate 164. I had been spotting dark brown blood for a week. But 4 days ago it started red again, with really bad cramping.
I have even resorted in taking Tylenol witch I don't even take normally. I am just so tired of all of this. I have a little 2 year old that wants my attention, but I just feel exhausted from all this.
Will this go away?
Is the cramping normal?
Where you put on bed rest at all?
And does drinking tones of water really help?

Please and light on this subject would really help
I am so besides myself right now