Maternal & Child Community
Blood in urine at 32 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in urine at 32 weeks

I fell this morning and had to go to the hospital, I didn't actually fall on my tummy but my knees and stomach collided, HARD.... They said all looked OK except I had blood in my urine, I go back tomorrow for an ultrasound, has anyone ever had blood in their urine while pregnant? If so what caused it.... Thanks
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
I havn't neard of this, could it be a uti?

I had a terrible fall at 34 weeks with my daughter and had an overnight hospital stay, and ended up going full term.

So, try not to worry, I know that is easier said than done.
Blank
I just went in for my 26wk appt, they told me that I had blood in my urine but they did not seem to concerned.  I hope all is ok, make sur eyou update us asap
Blank
142452_tn?1262036275
I'm no expert, but I'd say it's probably from the baby bruising your bladder- for me it feels like he's doing that every time I stand up! Try to relax. I'm sure things are okay.
Blank
I had 4 traces of blood in my urine at 34 weeks and it got sent away to be tested and it ended up being nothing I never had it again and went on to have a healthy baby girl. Good luck im sure its nothing.
Blank
I have also had blood in my urine, just a trace.

My Dr. doesn't seem concerned.  Check my posts below

You will be just fine

God bless

P.S. you might have a kidney stone, I do
Blank
I'm praying everything turns out great for u & baby!!! U deserve it so much after all u've been thru :) LOVE & PRAYERS
Blank
i had that on the standard blood tests they do at 16 weeks, was told it was nothing (i guess the actual amt was small). i think sometimes it means an infection, sometimes a kidney problem.

what are they ultrasounding at your appt - the bladder, or the baby?
Blank
When I had blood in my urine at @ 20 weeks (I think) they at first thought it was a UTI but after more testing realized I had a kidney stone.  I was told it's pretty common from all the extra calcium during pregnancy.  Occasionall there is still a small amount of blood in there but my little girl is unaffected (I'm almost 34 weeks now) and the urologist will actually go in and remove the stone for me after she is born to save the discomfort of trying to pass it. It sounds like a fairly simple procedure. I never have had kidney stones before, but he said passing one hurts almost as much as giving birth itself..yikes!
Hope everything turns out well for you also!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...