Maternal & Child Community
Blue veins appearing under skin a positive pregnancy sign right?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 11.3 weeks pregnant and this is my only constant symptom.  I am just so paranoid, since I have had 2 m/c.  The veins are appearing under my skin on my chest, sides of abdomen and my legs.  I understand this is due to the increased blood supply. I guess I am just wondering how good I can feel about this symptom, we saw the heartbeat at 8.3 weeks and it was 180.  I also feel like I am starting to show--but only at night.
My viens in my cheast are so so blue.  They look really odd :-)  I think you are good.
How the heck can you only show at night?  I completely do not understand.  Please explain.
I think its just bloat...my pants start to tighten after lunch and by the evening theres a bump, in the morning no bump or less of a bump. Sounds like bloating to me... I have heard of alot of ladies that say they look more pregnant at night.
Ok.
I'm 16 wks, and I show a lot more at night, because of bloat.  I totally understand what you mean. The veins in my chest are also super blue.
Most everyone gets a little bigger by the night preggo or not.  One always weights less in the morning, but if your preggo you just get a little bigger.  I bloat and by the evening after all my eating, I look like a big cow :-)
I know what you mean with the night time thing. That use to happen to me all the time. I would go to bed and my belly would be big like I ate a large meal even though my stomach would be empty.  I'm not sure why it happens but, it happens.  Now, in my 24th week, my belly is biggest in the morning.
I started noticing visible veins everywhere since I have been pregnant.
Just an FYI for people out there researching pregnancy symptoms, the blue veins were a good sign for me, as I had a healthy pregnancy and had a little boy.
I was so sick with all of mine, just be glad you are feeling well.  M/s is not always a sign that all is well.  I think I puked even more if possible with my m/c.  At 11 weeks you should feel pretty good, once you go back to the Dr. it should ease your mind, I hope you go in soon.  I also got a belly in the evening with baby #2.  I would look pregnant in the evening and be thin in the morning.  It's boating.  Baby is so tiny and may just now be raising up out of your pelvis.  By 12 weeks I was stick thin for awhile and the bloating stopped.  I even got to wear jeans buttoned up for my big u/s, I had it done at 21 weeks ( because of the holiday they had to schedule it a little farther out).  I looked scary though with those blue veins!  I bet you are fine, congrats!
My period is not due until another week later, so I am still waiting to take a pregnancy test. But. I've noticed I've had an increase in blue veins in my arms, legs and my breasts. My boobs have also gotten one bra-size bigger. I also have a yeast infection, which I hope is not linked to making my blue veins more visible! I was just curious, did the blue veins get more visible after eating?