Maternal & Child Community
*Breast Milk Coming Back in after being dried up over 2 years?!?!?!?!...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

*Breast Milk Coming Back in after being dried up over 2 years?!?!?!?!?*

I am on cycle day 41, I have the border line symptoms of pregnancy & PMS. I have a 3 year old whom I breast fed. I stopped breastfeeding @ 1 yr 6mo. my milk dried up and has been for nearly 2 1/2 yrs. Today I found two wet spots where my milk has came back in???? Could this also be sign of pregnancy?? I am trying for another child....
Have you taken an HPT?  If not, what are you waiting for? Nobody can tell you if you could be pg or not, you must test.  Several women on this site talk about leakage, and on many occasions it is not related to pregnancy....Best of Luck, but you just need to pee on that stick!
I breastfed my last son for about 1-2 mnths and then pumped for a while he is now 4. I am currently going thru miscarriage but before I got preg I started expressing milk again the first time i did not really pay attn to it but after it happening a 2nd time i went to the Dr my first thought was preg but i wasnt there are many different reasons that can happen. they tested my TSH which is thyroid hormone to make sure thyroid not over producing or possible pituatary tumor that will press on some gland but will cause your hormone to level to go up and express milk but thank god that was fine also i took a breastfeeding class once and lady told us that once u have breastfed u can always produce milk if stimulated enough. but good luck whichever way it turns out i wish you the best.
Hi hun, you could be pregnant, but you should also bear in mind that sometimes there can be an abnormality with your milk hormone, for whatever reason the milk hormone kicks in and it can also lead the rest of your body to respond by thinking it's pregnant and producing other pregnancy symptoms. I am a mother of four, and i breastfed them all so when my breasts started to feel heavy and sore it immediately reminded me of the discomfort i felt whenever i was late feeding one of my children so i checked for milk and could also produce some, i have other pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) but i was sterilised 5 years ago due to health reasons. I have visited my doctor and i am awaiting results from various blood tests one of which is for pregnancy the rest are for hormone abnormalities. I too am hoping that i am pregnant, but i think in your case as in mine it could be wishful thinking. Just though i would share my doctors thoughts on this to save you getting your hopes up too high. I should have my results in a few days and will post back to let you know. But here's hoping we both get the result we want.
Best wishes
Skada.
My milk came back 3 times this year after not nursing for 2 yrs....I was pregnant each time.....

Good luck!
I have only been off my period for 2 days and suddenly today i woke up to sore achy breasts that are producing milk.. could I be pregnant? Does that happen so early in a pregancy? I have also been babysitting a new born for about a month now.. could that make me produce milk? Which is more likely?
Hello. My son is 4 and I stopped nursing him right before he turned 2. After I stopped nursing, I still produced milk, but it got less and less as time went by. I have been with my fiance for a year now, and he loves sucking my breasts. In the very beginning, he managed to get a few drips out, and eventually...no more milk would come out. Yesterday, my breasts felt sore, but I just blew it off. Then, when my fiance and I were together, he had alot more milk coming out than normal. When he told me that, I linked that to my breasts being sore earlier that day, and thought I might be pregnant. I took a test and it was negative, BUT I am also on birth control and am on a 3 month cycle. So many people get pregnant on birth control...so you never know. I am taking a pregnancy test at a lab tomorrow, so we'll see:)
hello i'm 25 yr old mother of a 3 yr old child who has left my feed 2 yrs back ...n suddenly 2 days before.. i found milk coming out of my breast..i'm not pregnant that is sure..as my periods finished just 3 days before this happened to me...is this a kind of abnormality?..i 'm upset because it makes me feel sick!
i've gone through a mishappening last feb..i was 7 months pregnant & i faced a fetal death..after dat through pills i got milk dried up..but after a yr and a half..its shocking to see all this...m i really facing serious problem??..
what to do?
hello. I have a 14 month old and I stopped breastfeeding him at 5 months old. My milk completely dried up right away. I went on birthcontrol right after i stopped breastfeeding and have been on it eversince. Well, about 4 days ago my breasts started to produce a little milk and I feel a little sick to my stomach for a couple of days. I took a pregnancy test and it said it was negative yesterday. Does anyone know what could be going on? Could i be pregnant even though the test was negative or do you think something is wrong?
I had my son 11 months ago and stopped breast feeding at 6 months and noticed last week that I had milk comming back in. It was very weird and my first thought is that i was pregnant. I' am on birth control and have been since he was 2 months old so I' am guessing that may be why.
Hi I have an 11 month old and I stopped breast feeding before she turned 9 months.   A couple of days ago a I noticed after I showered a couple drops of milk would come out.  I am not on birth control and I just finished my period two days before the milk started.  The morning before I started my period I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative.  I have no clue whats going!!! Does anyone have know??????
theres nothing wrong with you and you can leak milk for awhile after nursing
I gave birth to my son 2 1/2 years ago and I still have breast milk off and on.  I have been to the doctor and they did blood test and mammograms and everything is normal.  Does anyone have any insight?  It is usually only noticed during sexual encounters with my husband but I don't think it's normal after 2 1/2 years.  I also never breastfed so it really doesn't make sense.  Any help would be great because obviously the doctors don't know whats going on!!
Just to let a lot of you know, you can google it and look it up, but It is more than likely you got pregnant even if you eventually got your period or a negative pregnancy test.  The Birth Control Pill (an other hormonal birth controls) do often allow pregnancy to occur, but the "plan B" of the birth control is to then abort the baby through miscarriage if that does occur.  So basically you are having signs of pregnancy (not all of you) because you were pregnant for a short while, but then it aborted the baby.  You can look it up on your birth control paper that comes with your birth control package, or ask your OB.  They will tell you that.
Hi I was looking at this because I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter that I breastefed until 2 and  I had milk come in last week it hurt not alot just a little but thought that was very wierd she holds my breast when she sleeps I guess its still just habbit I am definately not preg because husband had vas last year I though there might be something wrong! Sounds like its pretty common though especially if you nursed more than1 yr.
i was completely dried up after i stopped breastfeeding, started to have reguler periods, now ive missed and started leaking milk again and feeling full, how could this be when i got a tubal and not birth control any ideas?
i delivered a stillborn baby back in 2007 and so therefore i never was able to breastfeed.  and today i produce milk?  ummm is that normal.  
my breast is not sore but i have milk in them i never breast fead my last child is 16 years old and i got my tubs tide in 95 i came on two day a go very light went off by day three i know i can't be pergent my tubes are tide and has been for 16 years my monthly friend come on time ever month but this time it was not right
I have a 2yr old n a 11yr old n I'm still getting milk. I don't understand? How cud this be, I've taken MANY preg test and they have all been neg. My periods have never been regular n I'm not on any bc, but every test I've taken at home or at doc have been neg. Is there sumthing wrong with me or what ?

i have a 20 month old child who i stopped breastfeeding at 9 months now he is trying to latch back on and i have began to leak a clear oily substance, with some milk but it is very thick, any thoughts on that plus i have a normal 27day cycle except this month i was a week early
i read through all of the comments posted on this site.  i noticed alot of simliar instances to my problem.  i had my period two days ago.  today i woke up and my boobs were sore...   tonight i was secreteing colostrum!  weird.  there was a tiny bit of milk in there as well.  my husband and i were a bit weired out so i decided to do some research to see if i should be concerned.  it seems that alot of the women on here mentioned a period and them the milk production.  i think that the hormones from the menstrual might have something to do with this.  maybe... ?  anywho..   im no longer worried :)  i hope that this helps someone else who is looking for answers!  ps..  i also breast fed for 4 months after my daughter was born...  she is now 8 months old :). the exact same thing for my two year old..  4 months breast fed.  
I have breast feed my son up  untill he's two, he is now 3yrs and 5mths and i still have milk in just one of my breast(left) Im very worried something is wrong, my breast is sore and tender ...please someone let me know if this is normal.
i have a baby boy of 18 months,i stopped feeding him from last one year,but today i saw my shirt wet due to discharge of milk.is this normal?pls help
Hello I just had a babay almost 5 months ago and I only breastfed her for a month....now I am having milk discharge and my breast feel realy havey and full.and I am also having nosea at times....is this normal or am I preg again
My son is now 2 i stopped breastfeeding 20montjs ago, i have my periods normal but my breast have started being lumpy and milk is being produced.. Is this normal!