Maternal & Child Community
Breastfeeding mother kicked off plane, what would you do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

On 14 Nov, in VT, a mom who was breastfeeding child at 10 pm in 8th row of a 9 row plane was approached by a flight attendant who told her to put a blanket over the child's head.  The mother refused and the attendant had mom, baby and family removed off plane for being "offensive."  By VT and AZ law, breastfeeding is legal and specifically exempt from being declared "indecent" in all public places.  I wrote to the contact person of Freedom Airlines,
paul.skellon@mesa-air.com, because I think moms and babies everwhere should have their rights protected. Don't know if I can share that here but do think the issue is very relevant. I know many bf women who have been looked down upon and even asked to leave certain areas in different locations (malls, etc.) What is the world coming to?
Sorry, apparently I read an old article!! Ha,it happened a while ago.  Pregnancy hormones must be affecting my eyesight.
I double-checked again and am sorry to say it was indeed this year, just last week.  I must be losing my mind here.  No more small print for me! Sorry for confusion!
Here's an article:

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_318154213.html
I don't understand, why wouldn't she just take the blanket. I would have just taken the blanket, actually I probably would have been using one anyway.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  What is this world coming to when a mother can't even feed her child without someone judging her!?!  My son was breastfed and he would not have a blanket but over his head...he would fuss and cry and not eat so I had to come up with some pretty interesting ways to be discreet but I managed to feed him for 10 months without anyone offering me a blanket!I feel for this woman and I hope she fights this one until more people are aware of the laws in their state!
I was so mad when I read that article !! They don't ask bottle fed babies to be covered by a blanket,so why should a breastfed baby? As all breastfeeding moms know,your really not showing anything,your just feeding your baby.I've fed my baby in public before [mall] but never had anyone say anything.I would sue if I were her.
i dont know how i feel about this-i do plan on breastfeeding-i heard about this on the radio-some people refer to breastfeeding as a bodly function such as peeing, etc.  I know some people may feel weird if they see a women breastfeeding but dont look right.  I mean if people can watch porn like it seems everyone in this country does then whats wrong with a breast.  I do plan on breastfeeding but plan on using a blanket or something to cover up-but i do feel what they did was wrong....
Airplane blankets are seldom washed between flights (unless you're really lucky and get on the first flight where everything is still sealed in plastic). We have been given ones on flights that are crumpled and have hairs on them and god knows what else.  When people used to say women should breastfeed in the ladies room, a good reply was 'would you eat your lunch in the toilet?"  A good reply here might be "would you eat your lunch with a dirty blanket on your head?"  Anyway it was patently illegal to harass this woman by state law.
Yes it was illegal and discriminatory...however this "baby" was two years old!  I have no problem seeing mothers breastfeed their babies ( ages 1 day - 1 yr)in public with or without a blanket...Although I have never experienced it, I know I would feel very uncomfortable seeing a mother breastfeed her two year old toddler though.
i plan on breastfeeding (ok attempting too).  Don't you think she would have had her own blanket. It has been kinda cold lately.  I think it was just to make a point by not using it, which she has a right too.  But I know personally I wouldn't want some men staring at me, with my breast hanging out.  yikes creepy.  If I was her i would definitly get some free flights out of the whole ordeal or sue, that could have been an important flight they were taking.  We can go shoot up another country, but we can't look at a breast while it's being used as a feeding tool.  What happens if our world changes and everyone had to go back to breastfeeding or if some study came out that scared everyone away from formula, that would be a major up roar.  Sarsasium...Good thing our country is perfect and we will never have to worry about that kind of stuff happening. ;)
that is a fine line. although i think breastfeeding in public is ok. i dont want to see a toddler (2!) bf. i had to deal with that in the dental office i worked in. the 3 yr old came up to mom who was in the chair and pulled her shirt up. i left the room and refused to go back untill she was done. at 2 there is NO nutritional value. i feel its mostly for the mom who doesnt want to give it up. fine to continue but at that age do it at home. by this age they had better learn to sooth themselves by other means and not just by moms boob. im sure ill be reamed for this but its my opinion same as others. now to kick them off the plane, maybe that was a bit much. but at what point to others comfort should be considered? i mean if the child was 5 we would all think it was sick. so what about 2? like i said it has absolutly no value in nutrition, they should be off the bottle by then too. had it been me on that plane i would have just ignored it like i ignore most things that bug me. on one flight my sis had to change her babies diaper on her lap because of not table in the bathroom (of course)> what if that bothered people? i didnt read the article im just giving my opinion.
In my opinion, they should kick screaming toddlers off the plane.  Or issue them some sort of gag.  

That's what drives me crazy on a plane.
As you can see from my earlier post, I am in agreement with you I think I would be uncomfortable see someone breastfeeding a two year old.

The airline kicked them off the plane because she refused to place a cover over the child and herself.  But honestly if I was on that plane I would have preferred if she didn't breastfeed the toddler at all, but since she felt she had to I would have felt more comfortable if they were discrete and covered themselves.
We r all diff. But I bf ds for 8mo & we went places all the time my solution was PUMP if I was going to be out & about now being on a plane might be difficult so I'd say Take a blanket no biggie. There may have been children around & maybe the other mom didn't wanna have to explain what the baby was doing plus who would want to bf w/out a blanket or covering!!!! I have one of those neat things thats like a sling & has vent holes along the top so even in the Summer it would be find to use this for (it's what it's made for)Now if she had her child covered & someone made her get off that would be diff, but she chose to get off when she refused to use the blanket, looks like to me even if she was mad if her baby was truely that hungry she'd use the blanket & been on her way!! Besides just about all moms have something in thieir diaper bags they could use as a cover.

I'm sure this will turn into a big mess for the planes, then they'll be forced to have a breastfeeding rm on each flight then prices will just go up. A blanket is such an easy & cheap way out really theres lots more stuff to be angry about than not being able to show your boobs, I mean heck we can't pee in front of each other no matter how natural it is. BF I know is eating but the big deal I think behind it is a baby can grab your shirt before u know it & BAM everyones just seen your boobies YUCK!! BF your baby is a young age to start being a DRAMA MOM, can u imagine when her child is older & things don't go her way, we better duck!! I didn't read the art. but from the post heres my 2 cents :)
The problem is she probably didn't have her own blanket or diaper bag.......at the age of two, the child may have already been potty trained so no need for a diaper bag.
Speaking of older children breastfeeding I worked with a woman that her daughter was still breastfeeding a 5 year old.  She called it her Juicy.  I think that is so wrong.  Poor kid, is going to grow up and be like I Breast feed for how long.  She didn't see anything wrong with that, I was like by that age you don't really even need a sippy cup, let alone breastmilk.
well im assuming she was hard to see. maybe it bothered the attendant. if the child was hungry , moms milk is not what that child (not baby) needs. if there was fear then maybe mom needs to learn to help the child find other ways to deal. i read the article and it said the child was 22 months. so almost 2 years yes. im curious about the law and at what age is considered not legal anymore. i mean i have an 8 yr old son. (it is almost hard to type being so gross haha) what if i wanted to feed him? im sure there is an age that tells you is unacceptable. im sure some of the women on here have and do and will bf at that age. its your choice to do and its fine. but it does make others uncomfortable. i mean farting is a natural thing, but i wont do it on a plane and offend others. i just think sometimes we need to respect others even if we feel its ok. now bf an 8 month old is waaaaaay different than a 22.
Maybe then she should invest in a small backpack for the tot to carry full of the essentials for his meals including a blanket for plane rides :) LOL
My friend's ex-boyfriend was breastfed up to 12 yrs old.  She thought it was funny.....I thought it was nasty and was basically sexual abuse.  

This guy has so much problems now with alcohol, coke, weed, crack rocks, can't keep a job, is in his 40's and still lives at home with mama.  And he is very abusive, I really think that breastfeeding him that long contributed to alot of the problems he has
Could u imagine wearing breastpads for 12yrs?
that is abuse!! it was for her own sick amusement.
I was on a plane when a woman began feeding a girl who looked around 5- yes 5! They were not from this country (maybe an African country based on their dress,etc). She was a girl that sat on the mom's lap and breastfed. I was uncomfortable but wouldn't dream of saying anything! It's natural, just not in this country. I hope, hope, hope that woman sues the airlines big time and walks away w/ not only some comfort $, but a college fund for her kids. It makes us so uncomfortable b/c in America even young children associate 'feeding baby' is w/ a bottle, not a mom's breast. I think it's incredibly sad.
as for the blanket she had every right to refuse i wouldent use one my dd is a very hot nurser she sweats all the time even when its cold i couldent imagine covering the poor girl up babies have to eat and unfortunatly this is the way it is done its nature these people are absolutly rediculouse. god what are they thinking they must be perverts or something to even think that its offensive who else would think of something like that bottom line it is nature and everybody should get the hell over it if the mother is comfortable doing this then yeah just do it good luck to all you breastfeeding mums out there.
sorry you took offense to what i said. im guessing you must bf your child past the age of 1or 2. rather than become offensive why dont you explain why it is "normal" to bf a child of that age?
I did bf ds & will w/this baby on the way any day now, but I just wonder why many bf women try to fight every rule out there & act like there rights r being taken away

If I go in a store & it says no food or drinks I don't whine & say my right r gone & start up a hate club against the store, but bf moms r crazy about that stuff (I will bf again & would never take offense to being told to cover my boobs)it's a natural instinct for me to cover myself & baby, like I said earlier if they make the rules where moms can bf everywhere & any way they want can u imagine how many boobs we'll see a day  :) LOL Babies can jerk your shirt open or up before u know it, simple use a cover.  I don't know why mothers r having such a hard time on this r they just bored & want extra money?

I mean pump or cover up, it's not rocket science.
Our bodies r natural but who goes out in public naked? I still think thats the main point that a boob will pop out for all eyes to see & then here we go w/another lawsuit bc a 10yr old seen the lady sitting next to him's boob so now his mother is offended. So as a public place theres no wonder they want u to cover up or pump & pack your milk w/ice & they also make bottle warmers!!!! Easy enough

What would I do?  I would SUE!
well said. you know i am not ashamed of the human body. nudity doesnt bother me. but it does some. either way we should respect others in a way that is beneficial to both parties. there IS  a difference between feeding a 3 month old and a 2 year old. nobody wants to talk about why they still do it knowing it has to do with them not wanting to let their child grow. and to become angry makes me think there is another issue. if you believe in what you do there isnt a reason to become irratical about discussing it.
Hey girl I didn't know if seen where I posted that I'm 3cm&80%thin & have no mucus plug, babys head is at -2 station, so we r just waiting :) LOL I go back to the DR tues :) So if I'm mia you'll know our baby Jordan Isaiah has arrived!!!
i was wondering when he was going to show his little cute self!! i have been keeping up on you and i cant wait lol. i hope all goes well (and of course without pain hehe) during your labor. happy delivery if it happens tonight!!!
I would SUE also! I've had this debate with a number of people, including my own mother.  Her thing is ~ we should respect everyone else and cover up because it makes others uncomfortable.  My thing is "why are they so uncomfortable with a womans breast?"  The breast was made for feeding and its due time people stop looking at it as a sex object.  The only thing wrong with this society are those people that don't see the breast for what it truly is.  You wouldn't see that type of behavior going on in some 3rd world country in a tribe where the breast is viewed exactly the way it should be.  Maybe those who breastfeed publicly deserve respect too.

I breast feed.  I don't personally believe a baby should be breastfed once they can hold their own cup (I agree with the poster that said breastfeeding beyond 2 is more self serving than it is a benefit to the child).  I've done my research - there isn't any benefit to breastfeeding beyond 6 months.  And usually the only reason it is done in other countries beyond the age of 2,3, or 4 is for dietary reasons and no other.  Certain areas don't have access to the nutrition that we do.  

I also cover up in public because I know how CRAZY society is and how weird peoples views are.  But if women choose to be open while they feed, they should be allowed.  Its ridiculous.  I cover up because I prefer people not STARE at me.

Funny thing is... I find more women are critical of those who are open breastfeeders than men.  GO FIGURE!  And look at the number of women getting breast implants - hmmm!

This same thing happened to a woman last year in Victorias Secret.  Here is a bit of an article on it and some information on the laws re: breastfeeding.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Health/story?id=1378087
she needs to COVER UP

she has every right to breast feed

BUT MY CHILDREN< MY HUSBAND< a priest, myself or anyone else does not need to see her bare breast

I think women that don't cover teh babies and breasts are exhisbitionists
what the hell does implants have to do with bf??? and i dont think its showing oneself off. its taken waaaaay too out of context. maybe she has every right to sue. maybe she should win. maybe she should consider not bfing her 2 year old in public!! this isnt some third world country. we feed 2 year olds the same food we eat. they drink regular cow milk. they dont NEED breastmilk. this subject always stirs controversy. i see nothing wrong with the breast. i see nothing wrong with implants. i see nothing wrong with breastfeeding a baby. i do think bf a toddler that can talk walk and feed themselves is weird. if they get NOTHING from the milk that supports them nutritionally (YES PROVEN) then what is the point of it?? it has been on here many times and those that feed at this age CANNOT say why they do it. why not? just tell us so we can get a feel for what you do?
LOL -  OH Lordy, if your idea of letting your children know how men and women love each other is by having daddy fondle your breasts then I was very mistaken about you.  Your worse off then I thought.  But it explains your views on breastfeeding entirely.  Next time your out and you see someone feeding a baby you THINK is too old - why don't YOU take the baby blanket along to cover your head so you don't see anything you feel is offensive.

Watch that handy porno your into instead.  That is much healthier.
oh how we cant read. did i EVER say once that? no. your grasping for straws. go ahead they are almost within reach. lord get off your trip. im biting my tongue not to say what i really think.
Would you please STFU already?? You're completely twisting her words up. She's not opposed to breast feeding and she never said her dh fondles her in front of her kids!!
Oh please, tell me what you really think.  I'd like to know what those few brain cells you have hidden in that head of yours are capable of spewing out at me!

And while your digging in there... try not projecting your own disfunctional issues at me.  It doesn't work.  I'm more of a facts and research type of lady.  Still waiting to read why you find the breastfeeding bare breasted in public so disgusting - hmmmmm?  Or what it is about seeing 2 year olds feed that gets you all squeamish inside?

Maybe its that sexual obsession you have.  Can't separate the children, the breast and the sex seems like a personal issue to me.  Sorry, my research hasn't really gone into that area so I can't help you there.
HAHAHAHAHA
so you dont see bf past 6 months. but yet still continue to fight people on here? why is that? you dont listen to what others say, bad mouth everyone, and profess your research?? how is your research make your opinion correct yet ours wrong? sh!t i said the same thing you did other than the fact you find the breast off limits to the man. maybe if you believe in it so much why arent you still bfing your children? oh ya you read it should only be for 6 months. wow how is that funny that you take others words for truth and not what you believe.
oh and also, since you find that you need your opinions based on what others have to say (fact and research kind of gal) when you find what you think is right ill still tell you that i can believe in what i find to be right myself.
For those who have a more realistic view of the breast and what it was meant for will appreciate this topic:

http://womenshealthnews.blogspot.com/2006/07/babytalk-magazine-cover-controversy.html

The conversation is over a cover used on a magazine of a baby breastfeeding - here is the photo:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3194/mnbreastcover121xo0.jpg

From the magazine's editor:
"Babytalk editor Susan Kane says the mixed response to the cover clearly echoes the larger debate over breast-feeding in public. 'There's a huge Puritanical streak in Americans,' she says, 'and there's a squeamishness about seeing a body part
wow how sad you have to find others words to find your beliefs. i never said i was agianst seeing a breast. i dont care. i said i found it gross to see a toddler walk up to his / her mom and pull a shirt up and say i want boob! just like you said. but you ;didnt take the time to read either. get over yourself. you are one of those that need others to back you up , to find websites and news to help you say your thoughts are ok.
Thats all you have sailors wife?

Ok.  You asked.

Research shows that breastfeeding beyond 6 months has no physical benefits to the child.  Psychological benefits? That is still under debate.

UNLIKE YOU - I don't mind if a woman chooses to breastfeed beyond the age of 1 or 2.  I don't demand to have answers to why people choose to breastfeed beyond a specific age.  I personally wouldn't do it because I don't have any insight to its benefits.  I knew a woman who breast fed until her daughter was four and had numerous reasons to list as to why it was beneficial to her daughter but I didn't see any evidence to back up her statements or the others I've heard on why people do it.  My personal view at this point in time is that it is done for the reasons a poster listed above (more self serving, not wanting to admit the baby is growing, would miss the child/parent connection, etc...).  But for me, it isn't right.  But I don't criticize those who choose to do it longer.  What is the difference between having a woman breastfeed a 4 month old bare breasted in public and seeing the same situation with a two year old?  You still haven't answered that?  

And because you don't understand logic and as I said, your not that witty - that explains why you think I believe that the breast is off limits to the man.  Well, someone must tell my husband that, because apparently he didn't get that memo.  DOH!

Just because someone has a healthy view of the breast (meaning, it is meant to feed a child) doesn't mean we don't have a healthy view of sex. DOH - AGAIN!  Sex and sexual behavior should not be the focus but because it is in this society (the porno industry can attest to that) that is why so many people view the breast as disgusting and shameful for feeding.  The breast and sex are two opposite entities.  Children don't need to see mommies fondled or their breasts drooled over in order to learn that men will want to play with them and use them in the bedroom.  But children need to see their parents have a healthy view towards breastfeeding mothers (barebreasted in public if necessary) in order to grow up with their own healthy view of what the breast is designed and intended for.  If you can't separate the two, then that is your problem, not mine.  Your opinion is valid - keep on with it.  It will certainly never be mine nor would I associate personally with someone who had such a warped view on the subject.
suing is ridiculous!!

that is why our country is so out of wack sue happy!!

when her right to breastfeed impinges on my right to not be viewing breasts - there is a problem.

cover it up - no reason not to - and we'd all have our freedoms

suing is so ridiculous - and most of you will complain your doctors are expensive or hospitals are expensive or airline tickets are expensive - gee whiz I wonder why - they need liability insurance from vultures who are sue happy!
There is nothing wrong with a mother breastfeeding, but there is problems is she exposes herself in public.  Or what if you are walking down the street with your five year old and you see a woman with a 5 year old breastfeeding.  That night your child comes up to you and attmpets to lift your shirt.  Are you just going to sit there, I mean the other kid was doing it why not your child right.
Suing ENACTS change and maybe if you suffer at the hands of a physician sometime you might realize that.  The airlines won't change their policy unless someone forces them too.  And please, don't blame the high cost of medical insurance on people who SUE!  Know what your talking about before you speak please!  

Lets see, if you daughter was given the wrong anesthetic and died, you wouldn't sue?  Tell me about it when it happens!

Anyone with a brain knows that breast implants are only for those woman who have NO SELF ESTEEM.  Who enjoys large breasts?  MEN!  And insecure women.  If a woman liked herself she wouldn't need to focus on the size of her breast and wouldn't need to obtain recognition through her breasts - which is what women who get breast implants need.  

Maybe parents should be raising their CHILDREN to understand that the BREAST IS for FEEDING and not FONDLING.  The only child that wouldn't understand this is a child with parents that don't understand it.  My children wouldn't look twice at a woman who opened her shirt to breastfeed and I know numerous breastfeeding mothers who have raised their children to RESPECT and UNDERSTAND the human body and to see it for what it is and not for what society would like it to be.

Victorias Secret is a classic example.  They make a living off selling the female body (60% of those who subscribe to their magazine are men) GO FIGURE!  And yet they won't let a woman breastfeed in their store.  Why do you think that is?  

Breastfeeding is best: scientific research has proven it.  The breast is for feeding ~ doesn't take a genius to figure it out.  But from what I've noticed over having this discussion with numerous people over the years is that there are quite a few people (including what I've just witnessed in the last 2 posts) that need a little education in this area!
Wooly25,

When that happens YOU BECOME A MOTHER and explain to your child what the mother on the street was doing, why she was doing it and then you explain to your child that you don't feed her that way anymore (if you ever did) and why it isn't necessary for him/her.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.  Doesn't anyone talk to their kids anymore?  OMGAWD!

I'm curious.  For those who are against women breastfeeding in public

WHY?  What is so offensive to you when a woman bares her breast to feed a child?  And don't use children and hubbies as an excuse because men aren't really the ones complaining all that much and all children need is an education in that department.  

wow!! i see nothing wrong with implants. (i dont have them) but it isnt a big deal!! who teaches their kids to fondle breasts??? hey that is what my husband does daily. there are such left sided here and right. im in between. lets not totally disregard how great it feels to have our dh take care of the girls. ya you will probably tell me that is an uneducated thing to say, well i am not afraid to have my dh touch me outside of getting pg! this has gotten waaaaay out of hand. we are all allowed our opinions and this is great! fun to see others thoughts. have a great week everybody.
American Academy of Pediatrics recommends: "Exclusive breastfeeding for approximately the first six months and support for breastfeeding for the first year and beyond as long as mutually desired by mother and child."  See www.aap.org  The worldwide average for breastfeeding is two years.  The laws that are in place in many states to protect women from other people who think breastfeeding is offensive or indecent are LAWS.  The woman was covered under both VT law (where she was) and AZ law (of the airline) that she has a right to nurse in a public place.  No mention of blankets. The blanket was not to cover the breast; it was to cover the child and her head so no one could see that breastfeeding was even taken place. I nursed both my children til almost 2, granted with cutbacks due to their increasing diet, and would sue all the way up to the Supreme Court if someone else's perverted mind tried to invade my legal right to feed my child. I say the offended parties need therapy for their own discomfort with the body and should be ashamed of themselves, not the mom/child. You get to make your choice about BF for YOURSELF only, not for other people.
outdoor i agree that it is a normal thing to feed your baby. get it baby! but to feed a 2 yr old is just strange!!! yes my boob is for fondling! and for my hubby to do what he wants with it. do you wear jammies while having sex?? that seems so outlandish that you would say such a thing. sex is a normal thing to do, yes dont tell your children to do it, but to say its not for that is rediculous. it adds up to respect others. feed your child when they are hungry, and if you feel the need to breastfeed a child not baby, do it at home!! what age do you feel is the right age to stop? and how did you come to this conclusion???
I say the offended parties need therapy for their own discomfort with the body and should be ashamed of themselves, not the mom/child. You get to make your choice about BF for YOURSELF only, not for other people.

^ Excellent post!
you are definatly all about you. you dont care what others think but you sure have had the thoughts on others here. isnt it funny how you can say you dont give a sh@t about what others say , but then tell others how it is?? so contradictive i cant even imagine being you.
but outdoor to bf a 2 year old is for the mother not wanting her child to grow up dont you think> i have asked you all to tell me why you do this past 1 yr and nobody will answer. kinda funny in my opinion
First off Sailors Wife,

If you read my original post, you wouldn't know when I feel it is the right time to stop.  So go back and read it if you are still curious.  

As far as men fondling breast.  No, my husband doesn't walk around the house grabbing at my breasts 24/7 as you implied yours does and if he did, I'd find another man because I'd find it a bit perverted if he did.  

What we do in our own bedroom is very satisfying and yes, he likes breasts like any man does.  But he is also very aware of what the breast was made for and he knows that they weren't MADE for him.  He doesn't come from the United States (where our society views breast in an unusual way), he comes from a country where women breastfeed in public - uncovered as well if they choose and not a single man or woman would glance their way, complain, or makes airplanes stop flying because of it.  

Do I wear jammies during sex? LOL

Your the part of society that I'm referring to.  The ones who can't see the body for what it is, only what it has evolved to being.  A little FYI for you my dear: just because someone can appreciate the body for what it TRULY is and not for what insecure women or horny men would like it to be doesn't mean we are PRUDE or INHIBITED in our own personal SEX LIVES.  We just can differentiate between what is sexual and was is natural.  But it doesn't surprise me that you can't see the difference between the two ;)
HERE IS MY ORIGINAL POST SINCE YOU HAVE TROUBLE FINDING IT!

I breast feed. I don't personally believe a baby should be breastfed once they can hold their own cup (I agree with the poster that said breastfeeding beyond 2 is more self serving than it is a benefit to the child). I've done my research - there isn't any benefit to breastfeeding beyond 6 months. And usually the only reason it is done in other countries beyond the age of 2,3, or 4 is for dietary reasons and no other. Certain areas don't have access to the nutrition that we do.

I also cover up in public because I know how CRAZY society is and how weird peoples views are. But if women choose to be open while they feed, they should be allowed. Its ridiculous. I cover up because I prefer people not STARE at me.
because they dont want to admit that when they stop bf'ing, they feel like their baby is all grown up.

a lot of women continue it for their own comfort.
our bodies are just as much for sex with our spouse as it is for bf! you are wild. no wonder you had to find a spouse out of the states. believe what you want and that is cool. our bodies are just as much for sex as they are for breastfeeding. im dont with this convo as you will see to it that we all think you are perfect. no my hubby doesnt grab me 24/7 as you seemed to read between the lines! MAYBE you should get implants yourself so you feel sexy and not just a baby feeder. ;) to you
what do you care if they stare if your boob is nothing but a feeding tool????
wow you sure are more educated than anyone else here. talking out my ass hmm. your showing your intellingence here too. if you have never witnessed things does that mean others have not?? your thoughts on me are from twisting words around and others that have been here and known my responses know more about me than you assume. your posting is the first i have heard of and i am guessing you are looking to start a fight. nothing you can say will hurt my feelings as i feel sorry for you. others have had their share to say but you want to pick on me. do what you want. im laughing at your get naked when hubby demands it and forget to educate your children sentance. that was humurous. that woman i saw in my office was true, we were all appauled at it, and if you see more bf mom in your comminity good for you!! i didnt know it was a contest. let this be. your making a fool of yourself and tripping over your words. this is america, i can say what i want, you can say what you want. all is dandy. if you still have issues i suggest looking within yourself to figure out why.
Well, if you can't figure that one out for yourself, then your even less educated than I thought ;)
outdoor you have nothing else to contribute. i am not running from you. i am actually laughing at your posts. do what you feel is right. your children will be the outcome of that. you are very prudish sounding and will probably continue to complain about this issue. so bf where you want, when you want, and in front of who you want.
im not offended by anything you say outdoor. so YOU  can continue to insult me, its nada.
^ nice try but you've just proven me right.  Its people like you that I've been referring to all along.  You don't even have a healthy view of sex because you so wrapped up in all the physical aspects of it.  If being in love and making love to my husband makes me a prude, then prude I will proudly be.  Thank you, I'd rather be a prude then let my husband go around fondling my breast habitually while the little ones look on while getting a completely warped view about the female body.  No, my kids probably wouldn't meet your standards of good parenting - and thank heavens for that.
then you enjoy your mail order husband and let your kids think sex is dirty and get pg at 16 and then come asking what to do. sex is healthy and normal and not twisted. your one that needs some realization that hiding how parents love each other will give a kids a warped image how love is. no im not talking sex in front of them as i know you will mention. im out of here to enjoy the love from my family and husband and not feel jealous of other women .
^ Sounds like you just described yourself there.

Have fun! ;)
isnt it funny how some get so out of sorts when it comes to little things? to start the things they do because they cant back up why they believe what they do?? funny or sad im not sure. here goes the last word to you since you see it fitting
Go out to eat & you'll read a sign as u enter reading
"no shoes no shirt no service" we don't sue & get mad we just always wear our shoes & our shirts right?
Has anyone ever thought of going to court over that?

Yes eating is natural but there r rules in pulic places thats why we all have our own house to do as we please, but when u step out into the real world there r rules to go by,if u don''t like it then stay home!

Same for the plane, she was given a choice to use a blanket & she refused so she booted herself & family off the plane I hope if she tries to sue she gets laughed out of court, theres way bigger things to sue over than a darn feeding!!! Everyone will just pay more for tickets. Very dumb, blankets r cheap!!!!
wow how sad you have to find others words to find your beliefs. i never said i was agianst seeing a breast. i dont care. i said i found it gross to see a toddler walk up to his / her mom and pull a shirt up and say i want boob!

^ I've never seen a two year old walk up to their mother and say such a thing.  I doubt that you have either.  And your still not answering the question... why does seeing a breastfed two year old upset you?  What is it about it that gets under your skin?  Why do you care?  Your the one avoiding the topic.  Your the one who brings your sexual behavior (daddy fondling mommy remember?) and prudishness into the conversation.  Your the one who associated breastfeeding and how inhibited or uninhibited people are - not me.  Now, you've got the opinions, why aren't you sharing them in a fashion that is understandable?  Start with the two year old.
ok homer. i guess you cant see where out posts went wrong. i said i dont want to see a toddler being bf because i dont see why. you started with how women that get implants are not self worthy. you stated that a child dying from anesth. had something to do with this. you are an angry woman. you have issues you need to take care of. i never said a child should see a parent fondling another. you went on  a fit and i guess i fed that fire. believe what you want and everyone else will do the same. if your view of sex is one of prudishism than that is on you. what the hell does porn have to do with bfing??? you went on a tagent and i was entertained. you are very one sided and you cant see past your forehead. its ok, lots of people are like that. if it so isnt right to bf a child past 6 months why are you being this way?? you have made as many assumptions and disrespectful assults and any so dont try to come of riding your high horse. one must admit fault to see the truth.
lol i get out in this world. yes i have seen a 3 yr old do that. walk up and grab a boob to suck on. its not appropriate. ive said this in this post prior you just didnt read it. you have an issue with sex that is weird. get over yourself.
There are no signs on a plane or notes on a plane ticket that say "breast feeding bare chested women are not welcome."  Have you seen such a thing?  NO!  And funny thing is, I've seen a woman breastfeeding with nipples in plain view on a plane and she wasn't removed for doing it.  I've seen it at the mall as well - and she wasn't removed.  You know why?  Because someone wasn't complaining about it.  You sue the airlines for discrimination.  The flight attendant acknowledged the concerns of another passenger over the concerns of another.  That is illegal.  In this case of the delta flight the spokesperson doesn't even deny the mother was being discreet.  His statement was that she should be MORE discreet.  How laughable is that?  More discreet would mean just STOP!  They did violate her rights in favor of another passengers rights and on those grounds she can sue and most likely will prevail.  She may not walk away with a monetary settlement but possibly a new law.  

If everyone took a backseat to everyone elses concerns, then we wouldn't get anywhere would we!
oh my goodness...lets just be friends here! Cant we just all get along! :)
sailors wife,

You talk out of your ass because your mouth knows better.  Your ramblings are so immature and yes, you show lack of any intelligence what-so-ever so I won't repspond to your jibberish anymore.  

My post about sueing doctors was in response to someone elses post regarding lawsuits and high medical costs.

Porn industry does have a great deal to do with the attitudes in this society as well as breast implants.  If you ever did ANY READING - which I doubt you do, any research or listen to anything besides your own opinion you might have learned that by now.  But all you probably do is look in the mirror and get naked when you hubby demands it and forget to educate your children so they turn out just like you.  Poor things.  

Oh, wow - you've upped the age.  Now its 3 and before it was 2.  Still doesn't explain why you don't want to see a 2 year old breastfed.  LOL

I'm sure I've been exposed to more breastfeeding mothers in my community and lifetime than you have and I've known women to breastfeed from infant to age 5 and yet NEVER seen anything like you claim you saw.  So it just says more about the family your referring to then it does about your CASE against mothers breastfeeding children over 2.

Have a nice life ;)

It doesn't have to be a concern, it's simple I bf & never had to in public except in the car & I always covered up so the car beside me in the parking lot wasn't having to explain to her kids what I was doing & no there r probably no signs on the plane bc the place probably thought the woman would just know other people don't want to view your boobs!!

I don't have a certain age in my head that I think people should stop, for me it was the first bite then I was done.

But we used to go to a church where many women bf there children til they were very well up in age. The thing that got me was we had a bf room there, but many ladies chose not to use it so when the preacher said lets all stand we would stand up & the lady in front of us would be bfing so she'd stay seated which let u see her boob in clear view since we were standing up(bc she chose not to go to the bf room or use a blanket) I mean YUCK u r at church w/ your family & BAM theres someones boob, for the whole fam to view. Of course once we realized it we wouldn't dare look down again but it's such an odd moment especially w/your famliy. So just cover up & if anyone feels it's too hot then it's probably too hot for skin to skin contact too so just pump. It's not like these ladies have no choices. I'm not saying u can't feed in public but cover up or PUMP.
I totally agree with you on that...I think women should at least respect others and cover themselves to refrain from questions from little ones arising.  I had to breastfeed in public a few times and i either went to my car or out of sight so no one could see me.  (I am a very modest person). I breastfeed until the first bite too and that was it for me! It hurt before the first bite, but once that happened it was goodbye boobie!
^ hurling personal insults won't get you anywhere, it just proves that you have nothing relevant to contribute to this conversation and that is why your running off ;)

a
The WHO does state that breastmilk is now the best way to go for 2 Years. And yes, it is still adequate nutrition at this age...says doctors. Breastmilk contains many nutrients that are not found elsewhere. If people do not like it they can look away. Breastmilk is always beneficial, it is natural.