Breastfeeding
I have a 9 week old little boy and I am breastfeeding; however I am always feeling lightheaded throughout the day.  Could this be due to a lack of proper fluid intake.  I'm trying to drink more but usually only have about 3 drinks a day like water, orange juice, milk.  When breastfeeding are you suppose to have a certain amount of fluids?  I don't know any other reason why I would be feeling lightheaded.
You should not feel light headed from breastfeeding, believe me I have breastfed 11 babies you need to make sure you drink alot water,juice,milk,whatever it sounds like low bloodsugar maybe.
WoW!  Nursing 11 babies!  Amazing!  I have breastfed 2.  No, I have never experienced lightheadedness while nursing.  I would get very relaxed and tired, but never feel lightheaded.  Call your dr.
Three drinks a whole day is not enough.  You need to drink plenty of fluids and makes sure you're not hungry when you're nursing.  I would get that too but it went away once I made sure that I put something in my mouth.  I would cut up veggies and fruits and keep them in the fridge in case I wouldn't get a chance to grab something to eat before it's time to feed the baby (and that happens a lot, especially in the beginning).  I would grab something to chew on and eat it while nursing :)  All the best and good job on breastfeeding DS.
I think you need to have yoru blood sugar tested.

And drink more, fruits and veggies are great as well.

Make sure you get enough rest.
Something that might help you drink more is to get a big glass of water before you start a feeding and drink it while your breastfeeding.  That way if your nursing the average 8-12 times a day you're getting enough water.  Plus you NEED to each an extra 500 calories a day to make sure your milk is producing enough calories for your baby.
3 drinks is NOT ENOUGH!  YOu need to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water/fluid and wat an extra 300-500 calories a day in order to produce milk for your baby.
I am drinking plenty but not eating enough, I can tell that I am making less milk.
I am not sure about why you feel light headed but you should contact your physician.
Good luck to you!
I was getting lightheaded but come to find out it was anemia. so along with my prenatals I have to drink and iron pill too. Make sure you are still taking your prenates and eating well.
I am also breastfeeding and experience lightheadedness.  I actually thought I had an ear infection or something b/c I was so dizzy. The Dr. said my ears were fine and it was just vertigo. I asked if it could be related to a fluid imbalance since I was breastfeeding and he disagreed. I do think that he is wrong however. I was drinking a lot of water and I think that my electrolite levels were off. I started drinking some gatorade and it got a lot better. Go figure!!