Maternal & Child Community
Breech Baby A Version Procedure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Breech Baby A Version Procedure

I am 38 weeks and 1 day, and the baby is breech.  My midwife said suggested having an aversion (or A Version, not sure which,) done to turn the baby.  I had a bad feeling about it and looked it up online, the only info I have come across is telling me that its real risky to the baby.  Does anyone know about this procedure or have a website with some helpful information?
http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/childbirth/exrg1.htm
Can we turn this into a 3rd open forum since your question got answered in the other one?  Thanks!
Who is due in April?
Can you release your one egg a month before your period comes or does this happen afterwards?
You release the egg and then you have your period since it did not get fertilized.
so if I released it before my period can I come on my period and be pregnant before mmy period starts?
AF (your period) is the first day of your cycle.  About the 14th day of your cycle (if your cycle is 28 days long) you will ovulate, which is when the egg is released.  If there is sperm there to meet the egg, the egg may get fertilized, which means you have acheived pregnancy.  If the egg does not get fertilized, then you will get your period again, which starts a new cycle.
Yes, you would be pregnant prior to your period begninning.
A little greedy arent we? Maybe she wants more advice.

To felicia,
my sister had that exact procedure done, it didnt work, and hurt like crazy, she ended up having a c/section. She does NOT recomend it.But she also says, that because it didnt work for her, it doesnt mean it wont work for anyone else
You go girl. I got scorned one time for asking a question in someone elses post. But I apologized when I did it. People just need to calm down around here. We all have questions and there is alot of good support on here. Like you said she asked twice and did get good responses and I bet she doesnt even mind, but for some reason other people do. Ok I am done venting. Just wanted you to know I was on your side.
I am always on your side too.
Sorry. Oops, my fault. I suggested to her that in the future (since she was a newbie) that she posts a question as important as that outside of the Open Forum. I know the girls here like to have the open forum free + a lot of times important questions end up getting overlooked on the O.F. because the girls are just chatting. Sorry again. Your were 100% right as she did not only get her answers, but seemed to have already made up her mind to go for the section.
Limited posts because all everyone talks about on here is cervical mucous and when af is going to show. What about women like me who came here to ask advice about my children? i think thats what maternal/child stands for doesnt it? I dont know why there has to 3 or 4 open forums daily, there filled with the same exact stuff everyday. Dont get me wrong, i think it's great everyone is so tight. But I was told this wasnt the place for "chit chat"
It is also for pg and ttc. And most of us here are all ttc. So I would say it is for both. And there is no reason to get sarcastic just because greenpixie wanted to use the post for extra space. We all come here because were dealing with the same issues and its nice to talk to people who can give advise.
And just to meet new people. What is wrong with that? These ladies have the open forum to keep in touch with one another and I think thats great. You can also ask questions as well in open forum, that is why it is OPEN FORUM. So I would say it is for all of us who just have questions about children and trying to have children.
I'm confused?  What do you mean "a little greedy aren't we"? About the open forum?  I only posted that b/c she got some good responses her question.  Being new, she may not be aware that the space for questions on this forum is limited.  She asked her question in two separate places so I didn't see the problem in turning this into another open forum, if needed.  Does this offend you in some way?
I agree with you. I wonder why she thinks this forum is just for women with children. I dont know where I would be If I had not found this forum. It helped me so much when I had my m/c. My dr did not even explain the things that were going to happen to me and my dh, well men just cant understand something like that. So I appreciate this forum and all the women in it. I hope she can understand that.
My best friend had to have her baby turned and she said it was pressure but not pain.  There were no complications and rather than have a C-section she was happy to be able to deliver vaginally.
I'm dying to know if you tested yet at all?
I NEVER SAID THIS WAS A FORUM FOR ONLY WOMEN WITH CHILDREN, QUIT TURNING MY WORDS AROUND, FYI, I'VE HAD A COUPLE OF BABIES DIE. AND AS FOR COMPARING THE TATTOOS, I SEEM TO RECALL A WHILE BACK THERE WERE A COUPLE OF YOU DOING SO.I HAVNT POSTED A QUESTION HERE, BECAUSE I'M NOT PART OF YOUR TTC GROUP, AND AS YOU SAID YOU DONT HAVE CHILDREN.PLUS LIKE SOMEONE MENTIONED ABOVE, ALOT OF QUESTIONS GET OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF CHIT CHAT. I NEVER SAID I HAD A "MEDICAL QUESTION" ARE YOU A PATIENT? YOU JUST SAID IT WAS "PATIENT TO PATIENT". CAN YOU FIND A POST FROM ME TODAY THAT WAS "NASTY" BESIDES THIS ONE. IT'S FUNNY, BECAUSE I'VE ONLY POSTED 1 COMMENT TODAY BESIDES THESE. BUT THAT'S OK, JUST CONTINUE TO BE THE PEACHES YOU ALL ARE, HAVE A NICE NIGHT

Thanks everyone for defending me.  When you are dealing with so much emotional stress it is nice to be able to come on here and vent, get support, and feel like you are helping other women somehow.  I hate to see these arguments on here but I guess that's bound to happen once and a while!

Daddiesgirl:  I hope that you are just having a bad day and that it is not in your normal character to name call.  I still don't understand why you got so upset about this.  TFelicia got a lot of good responses so I thought it would be OK to change the subject.  I don't think I was trying to discourage you from asking other quetsions, quite the opposite.  I'm sure it is frustrating to read about all of us TTC, but that's just where a lot of us are.  Beleive me, I'm sure we'd all rather be asking pregnancy questions!  It would be nice if there were a completely separate forum for TTC but there's not.  Until there is, we are all just going to have to deal with it.  BTW there is a Child Behavior forum if you ever need to use it.
i'm well aware of my way around this website. And i dont see where i was "name calling". My children dont have "behavioral" issues. But it would be nice if all the mom's wernt scared away from all the ttc talk, thats all.I know a while ago someone asked for a ttc forum, maybe since you all have eachothers side, why dont the 20 of you ask, maybe if there is enough request it will be fulfilled. good night
Calm down ladies, it's not that serious, don't stress over it. God Bless.

the comment that was made about tattoos were ideas for tattoos to remember our lost babies.  etc.  Support.  I am sure that when you lost your babies, or when you were trying to get pg, you needed to talk about it.  maybe you came here, maybe you spoke to your friends.  So you have been in our shoes.  I dont know where or how you get off saying you are sick of seeing the same thing over and over again.  If my comments which are made on a daily basis, help 1 person feel better, then they are worth making over and over again.  Miscarriages, birthing questions, pregnancy questions, hpt questions, ovulating questions, breast feeding questions, child behavior questions, are asked on here ALMOST every day.  

I do not come here complaining why someone is asking a question about there baby moving because i am not pregnant.  I dont get mad at the lady who is asking what to pack in her bag for the hospital.  I dont get mad at the teen who is worried she might be pg and what should she do.  This is a place for support.  If Greenpixie wanted to change this in an open forum to talk about cervical mucus, then guess what??  that is what it will be.  This particular question was asked and answered in another post.  So she kindly asked "can it be switched"  You had to call her greedy.  WHY??? that is name calling.  Then you are saying "all you have to talk about is cervical mucus and when af is coming"  Yes. Because that is my (our) life right now.  just like your kids and your pregnancy is your life right now.  that doesnt make my problem, my question, or my life, any less important than yours.  Or any more important.  

If why I am here, on this forum is to help 1 person feel better, then it is worth doing.  Sorry if you hate to see it every day.

I hope you go on to have a healthy happy pregnancy.
Umm, did I miss something? What did she mean by peaches? I don't get it.
WELL!  Unfortunately for US all we have to talk about is cervical mucus, and getting AF.  Our babies have DIED.  We arent pregnant LIKE YOU or have kids LIKE YOU so we are coming here for support and for comfort on our LACK OF AF or for whatever reason!  It isnt like we are comparing tattoos or anything.. No one has ever overlooked your comments or questions, or downplayed the importants of your posts so i dont appreciate you doing it to me or anyone else here.  "This form is for patient-to-patient COMMENTS" as it says on top of this page.  Not for medical questions.  If you have medical questions you should talk to a doctor.

Also, I dont see any questions from you. All i see are your comments.  They have all been nasty today.. what gives?  Bad day?  You arent normally like this.

"Then you are saying "all you have to talk about is cervical mucus and when af is coming" Yes. Because that is my (our) life right now. just like your kids and your pregnancy is your life right now. that doesnt make my problem, my question, or my life, any less important than yours. Or any more important."

I must point out that you yourself just said "talking" about ttc issues, that is not what this forum is for. IMO, it is for asking questions in regards to these issues/concerns. Those of you that are on here talking about ttc instead of asking questions should make your own forum, just for "TALKING"...you can get free groups from yahoo and msn. I am sure if you googled free forums you would get a whole bunch that you could pick from.
"A little greedy arent we?" Sounds a bit like name calling to me!

I wasn't implying that your children have behavioral problems.  You said, "What about women like me who came here to ask advice about my children?"  Why wouldn't the child behavior forum also be appropriate for this?
thanks so much!
Look i'm sorry, by asking if i have a question about my children, what if they were teething,had a reaction to foods, something wrong with his feet,what if he has colic,and i would like advice from mothers who have been in my shoes before. i dont need to ask a psychologist about those problems. i had to have my uterus basically ripped out after the birth of my last child, i wasnt ready to stop having children, so i know exactly what it's like to not have any more children. when i lost my babies, you know what i did, i planted a tree for them, so i can watch it grow every year, just like my babies would have, it's very theraputic(sp) and soothing. i seem to recall about 4 months ago, a group of ladies were basically told this is not the place for "chit chat", simply because they were discussing their children. It's not fair for them either. i guess i shouldnt have only singled out greenpixie and i'm sorry, but i dont see the need to take over someones thread,if they got their answer in another thread or not, when clearly there were still open forums that were not filled. I'm sorry to the original poster for hyjacking her thread. But i did give her advice on what my sister went through.
Thank you.  Apology accepted.  I don't think anyone wants for anyone to else to feel like they can't come here for whatever type of support they need.  I realize that the other open forums still had room, so maybe I was premature in asking to convert this thread.  Because of the way this forum is set up I think we all just to have to jump in and ask our questions wherever we can.  I know that sometimes the chit-chat seems useless and mundane, but sometimes it just helps.  I encourage you to ask whatever questions you need to here.  I'm sure you will get some good advice.  Have a good day!