Maternal & Child Community
Brown Discharge 7 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Brown Discharge 7 weeks pregnant

I'm just about 7 weeks pregnant. For over a week now, I've been having heavy brown discharge, flu-like symptoms, dizzy, extreme nausea and groin-area pain. I haven't gotten in to see my doctor, because of the holiday. Is this signs of a miscarriage?
I would recomend you to go see your doctor as soon as possible, I had a miscarriage friday and I was supposed to be 11 weeks preagnat and for the symptons you are telling that you have,it sound just like the ones I experienced at first.
Good Luck and hopefully everything would be ok with your baby.
I am going through a miscarriage as we speak. I am due for a D&C tomorrow.
I started one week monday with a brown dicharge. Ironicly it was the week is was du for my period. I was 7 wks pregnant.
Yesterday may 31 i starded spottind pink. Had internal ultrasound today that's when dr scheduled the D&C. I left work early because of severe bleeding and clotting that i never had experianced.
Just watch and please see your dr to make sure all is well.
Hope all goes good. Didn't mean to scare you, just wanted you to be aware.
PS excuse my spelling...no spell check!!!!
could be a miscarriage... could also be some sort of pelvic infection... brown bleeding usually doesn't last that long with a miscarriage (most likely would have switched to a pink or red by now)

please go see a doctor.
A friend of mine had brown discharge with clots at 7 wks.  She had an ultrasound and everything showed fine.  She went on to have a healthy baby.  I hope the same for you.  It is hard to say what is going on.  Time will only tell.  Let us know how you are doing.

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
I am sorry to say it does sound like m/c since you are losing all of your symptoms.  Since it was an unplanned pg maybe it is God's way of saying it is just not meant to be right now.  Let us know what your dr says.  If you are still in fact pg and all is well I wish you all the best.  They are frustrating little people but they really are a blessing.  I hope you get the answers you are looking for.  Take Care
My situation is similiar.  I also started with the brown discharge.  It got darker today, more red.  I am miscarrying as I type.  I am just trying to decide if I should have a D&C or let nature take it's course.  My doctor is just concerned about excessive bleeding.  I would like to wait it out.  I rather not go to the hospital.  What are your thoughts.  I am only about 7 weeks.
I called my doctor and I'm going in this afternoon, unfortunately, the most immediate appointment available - since calling Wednesday. I've stopped having the feelings of being pregnant - no tender breasts, no food cravings, not tired. The pregnancy was totally unexpected, so I have no idea what to feel at this point.
I decided to let the miscarriage happen naturally and did not get the D&C.  I think I made the right choice.  I feel fine and the bleeding is not too bad. It is like a heavy period.  Had a few large clots or pieces of material pass.  The doc called a couple of times to see how I was doing.  I told him I was doing well.
7 weeks is the magic number eh. Today i found out ive lost my baby. i was supposed to be 13 weeks but i had an ultrasound today because I was bleeding yesterday and i was told the baby didnt survive past 7 weeks or so. so tough. please if anyone wants to talk email me. im ok just sad...but I know that i will one day meet my baby in heaven.
First of all, I'm sorry this has happened to those who lost babies. I lost mine at 9 weeks in April, 2 days after my birthday. When I lost my baby people said it was God's will, etc, but I really don't think that helps (although I know it's meant to). I would be glad to chat if you need a friend. It's hard to find others who get it, and that why i'm at this site. It's still really hard for me. Good days and bad days. I had the MC naturally, and I am still not normal (period speaking, hormonally speaking). It can be an emotional rollercoaster. My heart goes out to you all. Above all I feel it's more nature than God's will. And if you have lost only one baby your chances are excellent that it'll never happen to you again. Just remember that.
I had a miscarriage at, once again-7 weeks.  Mine happened back in February (23rd).  I was having symptoms (but didn't pay attention to it until I realized I was really late for my period)I was waiting for a while for my period to start-and it never came...agh!  But my boobs were hurting for a few weeks/month or so, they were getting bigger.  I started wanting to eat a lot more, I was moody, my back hurt...Then one day, it just kinda went away-all of it, I didn't feel sick anymore, and cramps started to be faint in my abdominal area...But I was sitting in class one day, and I felt a rush of fluid-so I asked to go to the bathroom (thinking it was my period).  There was no blood, just..water-like substance.  That night (about 8 hours later), I started passing brown discharge...It stayed brown and wasn't heavy until the next morning-when the cramps intensified a lot...And I was soaking through tampons and pads left and right for about..5-6 hours...There was pain, and heavy clots.  All I could do was sit in my desk at school-or on the toilet and cry.  Then the pain kinda died off (wasn't so intense).  I bled for another maybe..8-9 days, and spotted a while even after that.

Be very aware, though if that ever happens to any of you-I made an appointment to make sure everything was okay afterwards (about 2-3 weeks after I thought I miscarried)  I noticed during sex it hurt tremendously (pain on my lower left side), it never hurt before.  The doctor ended up feeling something during my exam, and had to give me a shot-thought it was tissue that didn't pass.  A few days later, the pain died off.  So make sure you get it checked out if you think you miscarried, otherwise some nasty infections could settle in.
hello am dina am 25years old and am egyptian lady i passed with misscarriage in my first pregnancy and that was 10 monthes ago and anow am pregnant agian and am in my week 7 and am having brown discharge is it a misscarriage agian??? oh my god
hi with you all. i've had 3 miscarriages and am now 7 weeks pregnant. Flu like symptoms and some brown spotting again. Very draining. Been to a specialist. I have a Balanced Chromosone Translocation. Please google.This is why I have had so may miscarriages despite my very first pregnanact resulting in a baby girl who is now nearly 3. I still feel very sick and my 6 week scan showed a heart beat.
Hi im 11.5 weeks pregnant had dating scan last week and there was a heartbeat. Have had cold like symptoms since thursday. Had intercourse on sat where i experienced fluid loss.. Not much but enough to take notice of. Today i woke up and i have a discharge that is clear however brown/peachey in parts.. Does anyone know if this is the start of a miscarriage? Ive had one miscarriage at 9 weeks previously.. x
HI IM 7WEEKES PG AND IM HAVING THIS BROWN DISCHARGE FOR OVER A WEEK NOW, IM BEGINNING TO GET WORRIED I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE DOCTOR AS YET, WHERE I LIVE ITS SO DIFFICULT TO GET AN APPOINTMENT. THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THIS IS A SYMBOL OF A MC PLS HELP
Hey

I read a lot of these comments, and honestly I don't know what to think. I am also 7 or 8 weeks pregnant and I have been having some brown discharge. But, I also had it with my last pregnancy, and I now have a beautiful 7 months baby girl that came from that. I don't think that brown discharge indicates anything, I think that what comes to follow is what will tell you. This is be the 3rd time I am pregnant. I also miscarried my first at 7 weeks, but I never had brown discharge with that pregnancy just my last one and this one. So I am telling you that you just need to wait and try to see a doctor. It also could just be because you've had sex in the last few days or some other reason.
i am 7 weeks pregnant to went to the ECU last week they couldnt find a heartbeat! and today i have loads of brown discharge things dont look good!! I havnt experianced any pains yet! i am kinda hoping for a miracle to happen and my baby will be just fine. Has any one experianced brown discharge and has a healthy baby?
Hey everyone, i am 7 weeks 3 days pregnant i had a little bit of discharge 2 weeks ago and went to the emergency room and they couldn't find a heart beat last after 2 days it stopped Thursday they did another ultrasound and the baby had a heart beat i just started to have a lot brown discharge the last two days and went back to the emergency room and the baby seemed still fine to the Dr. so maybe there is still hope i go see my Dr. on Monday but for now i am on bed rest if this is happening to u, u really should take it easy and def go to see your Dr.
So are you saying they couldn't find a heartbeat in one ultrasound but then did another and found a heartbeat?
I'm so confused! August 10th I had an ultrasound done and they found the baby's heartbeat.  It was 126.  They did an ultrasound because I have had 3 previous miscarriages and I was spotting.  August 12th the spotting increased and I was having some cramping.  I couldn't get in to see the doctor so they had me go to the emergency room.  They did an ultrasound and the baby still had a heartbeat but it was 118.  They also found out that I had another sac and it was fluid filled.  They said it was probably twins.  According to their ultrasound they said that my pregnancy was 6 weeks and 2 days along.  They diagnosed me with threatning miscarriage and put me on bed rest and told me to get in to see my doc asap to check things.  August 17th I had another ultrasound and they said that they couldn't find a heartbeat.  They did the transvaginal ultrasound.  They asked me if I wanted to schedule a D&C.  I had the other miscarriages naturally so I said no.  Well, yesterday I started cramping pretty bad to where I need to take tylonal.  I had minimal bleeding and I passed a fluid filled sac. It was about penny-nickel size. I usually bleed like a heavy period while I pass stuff but not this time.  My cramping and bleeding is going away now. I am going to a women's clinic and don't have a regular doctor.  The women's clinic seems to think that what I passed was the baby and that everything is normal.  They haven't acknowleged that there was a second sac.  I called the ER and they said that there will be two sacs.  I only passed one.  The strange thing is that I still have sore tingly breasts.  I asked the clinic about it and they said that it could take a while for pregnancy symptoms to go away.  The other thing is that with past miscarriages I passed gray tissue leading up to the miscarriage.  I haven't had that this time. Just small blood clots like the size of the tip of my pinky or smaller.  I've been crampy off and on since August 9th and when I found out the baby no longer had a heartbeat August 17th I kept thinking that I would miscarry at anytime. Now I keep thinking well maybe the baby really is okay and then I think it can't be because there wasn't a heartbeat.  I'm going nuts.  Wouldn't I have passed them at the same time?  Or is it normal for hours or even days to be in between twin miscarriages?  I've been monitoring closely what I pass and I saved the sac so I can give it to my clinic.  I've been waiting for the other to pass so I can save it too.  Any thoughts or similar experiences?
hi, firstly just to say i know its horrible what u r going through. I had brown discharge for the past week its my first baby and me and my partner had tried for 6 months and i was over the moon when i found out i was pregnant. I rang the doctor a few days ago to tell him about the discharge and he sent me for a vaginal scan, i am meant to be 8 wks pregnant if counting from my last peroid, i was praying that it would be ok as i wanted this baby so much. she said that all she could see on the scan was a yolk sack but no foetus, she then measued the sack and said it was far too small for 8 wks and that she was concerned that i would miscary but i will need to come back next week for another scan its christmas in 4 days and its guna be the worst ever, i am coming to terms with the fact that i may lose my baby even though i am still only brown spotting, everyone said to me it was normal and ireally did think it would all end up ok, even after reading some negative blogs i just thought god would answer my prayers. and now i am 99 per cent i am going to miscarry.So please dont think i am trying to be negative to u at this point, but girls i need to let u all know somtimes brown spotting is ok, but i am proff that it can be somthing wrong and thats coming from me, a girl that thought it would never happen and i would be ok, how wrong was i! me and my partner will try again.
i have just noticed that no one has posted on this site since august
I had a MC December of 2009, I didnt even know I was pregnant!  I am now 5.5 to 6 weeks pregnant, and im starting with the same symptoms! I dont feel any discomfort yet but I am stressing it a little bit! Hopefully my doctor will get me in tomorrow for a check up. Its all in gods hands now...
hi, I am about 5-1/2 weeks pregnant.  I've been having brown discharge on and off for about a week.  The first time it happened, I happened to have a dr. appt that afternoon so I told her about it.  She checked my progesterone levels and wrote me a prescription for the suppositories.. "just in case" the results came back that it was low. Well the day i got my results the nurse called to let me know that my levels looked fine but that i could still take them for about two weeks if i wanted to make sure.  I decided then that i wouldn't because she said my levels were fine and I hadn't had anymore disconcerning discharge.  Well now two days later, its back...and seems to be a bit heavier.  I'm really nervous, i took my prescription in and am going to start them when its filled tomorrow....I hate this wait and see game.  I'm praying for the best.   Though i've read a lot of tragic stories on here, I'm hoping that I will be as lucky as those who came through this just fine.  Praying for all of you dealing with the same as i am.  
I am almost 8 weeks and today in the morning I saw some brown discharge. I went to the dr and he didn't find a heartbeat, but last week he did. Have any of you had this problem?
i went for my first scan where i thought the baby was about 10 weeks, i was informed that the baby was 9 weeks but there was no heartbeat. I had no signs of m/c no pain no bleeding no spotting so as you can imagin this came as a huge shock. they gave me various options and i decided to go bk to hospital the following day to have the tablets to bring on the m/c however that morning befor going 2 hospital i began 2 bleed still on pain so i went to hospital where they told me it was probably best to let nature take its cause so i wen hom the following day 2 days after my scan the pain got worse and eventually my partner to me to a & e that evening, to be told the pain was contractions where my body was trying to push the baby out and to make it worse had got stuck. I was told the bleeding would continue for up to 2 weeks which it did then it stopped i was also told to take my pill straight away which i did however i never have periods wen on my pill however 3 days ago i had this thick dark discharge along with a bit of bright red blood and i was wondering if this was normal or if my body is just trying to get back into some state of normality and cleaning its self out, i have been rather stressed and hormonal since all this has gone on and was obviously devastated as me and my partner were so looking forward to having our first baby together x
Today is Thursday April 21st, and I'm 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. 5 days ago on Saturday evening, I had some light brown/pink spotting after urinating. My urine was clear and the spotting would only show on the toilet paper after cleaning up. That same night I went to the ER because I started having some bright red spotting, no cramps or pain and very little amount. At the ER they did a vaginal and abdominal U/S and both showed the live baby and normal heart beat. The dr also did a pelvic exam like a papsmhere type to check the cervix and said the blood was definitely coming from there. At the end of the examination the dr determined this was a Threatened Miscarriage, which meant my baby was fine but had a 50/50 chance of surviving. She said the blood was coming from a small tear in the placenta, and it could either heal itself and stop bleeding or it can be the start of miscarriage. She said this bleeding can last up to 2 weeks and if it became a miscarriage I would know right away because I would feel heavy period-like cramps and bleeding which would pass the fetus. I was sent home without any sense of security cause as the dr said, if it is going to happen thefre is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. She also specified there was nothing I did, ate or said that caused this in the first place its just nature. When I went home that night I was heartbroken and panicked. Every time I got up to pee, I would be super paranoid. The next morning I had some light bleeding, and throughout the day the spotting started getting brownish. Since then my spotting has been on and off and always either light brown to very dark brown. I went to my regular OB clinic on Monday and they did an HCG level testing to see how the baby's growth was and the test came out accordingly to the age at about 13,000. Also they did a urine test and found NO blood in my urine whatsoever. They said to come back 2 days later on Wednesday to check the HCG levels again and urine, which I did and again the levels showed the baby growing accordingly and went up to about 17,000, and the urine had NO blood again whatsoever.  Also, since I was still spotting  brown and I said I was very stressed and worried, they did an U/S which really eased my mind cause we saw the baby and heard the heartbeat. The dr said to not worry about my brown spotting as long as it was brown and it didnt turn red. Therefore I am more relieved now but still paranoid everytime I go pee and whip myself. I have noticed today in my brown spotting a little bit of clots with it once in the morning and once at night. I am just constantly praying to Jehova God that the bleeding doesn't come back and that the brown spotting stops. I am leaving it up to him to protect my baby and ease my mind because this situation is very frustrating and stressful. The dr has put me on bedrest for the next week therefore I am not going to work nor getting out of my house too much.  Does anybody know where that brown spotting comes from? and also has anyone else have an experience like mine with positive outcomes?
Thanks so much!
Just wanted to share my experience just over a week ago i started with the brown discharge i panicked and went to ER they did lots of tests and sent me for an early scan I had thought i was about 8 weeks pregnant.  Had the scan and everything looked fine although they said i was only six weeks so too early to detect a heart beat.  I have to go for another scan next week but at the time of writing this am still having the discharge but its never been red blood but still have all the symptoms of being pregnant.  This is my second child i never had this with my first.  Fingers crossed next week they can detect a heart beat and everything is fine.  I would say to anyone experiencing this alot of the time it is nothing to worry about but still definitely get yourself checked as that is not always the case.
is it normal to have  brown sticky discharge now and again it not all the time im about 7 weeks having like a period belly, i have 2 other children but never had this with them !!!!!!!
It can be quite normal to have brown sticky discharge now and again but its still worth getting yourself checked out if it turns to red blood they say its a possibility of a problem.  I was the same as you never had this with my previous pregnancy so it was a new experience for me.  Most of the time brown discharge is quite normal especially if its now and again it could possibly be implantation bleeding which usually occurs around the time your period would have been due.  But please just get yourself checked out just to put your mind at rest they could possibly do an early scan.  Hope everything goes ok.
i am 17. iv been discharging brown for about a week. i dont rmember if it started out red or not. sometimes its stringy. i work at subway and when i smell the tuna or bacon i get sick. last week i went thru a couple of day where i was surprisingly not hunry but now i so am! the only time ive gotten sickness was 8days ago.  ive also experienced hotflashes or getting hot easily. ive also been alil bloated. HELP ME?
Hiya  The Brown discharge may be nothing to worry about but you do really need to get yourself checked out just to be sure. When I was pregnant both times I got hot really easily especially in the shower etc. The only way you will know is to get yourself checked out by a professional.  Hope this is of some help.
Im seven weeks as well.  i have a thick brown discharge coming out continuosly.  never had this problem with my other three pregnancies and i have 3 healthy children.  i dont feel pregnant. What does this mean?
I am 7 weeks pregnant , and I went to the bathroom in I saw a brownish discharge in my panties n when I wipe myself it was nothing .  it only happened once and now I'm not having anything . What does that mean ?
Im am 7 weeks pregnant and today when I went to the bathroom I had light brown discharge... What does this mean??