Brown Spotting at 6 weeks-- any one else have this and was later fine??
I had a miscarriage last year at 6 weeks, so naturally I am a wreck.  However, last time my spotting was accompanied by bad cramps and lower back pain-- I have none of those right now. I had an exam and the OB said my cervix is closed and my uterus feels very pregnant and it appears to be old blood, but I'm still worried. I have a sonogram tomorrow morning.  Cross your fingers for me!  Please share any spotting stories you may have. Thanks!
Good luck!!! Brown is better then bright red. When I m/c it was red and there every time I wiped. Take care and let us know what the sonogram reveals.
Hi Daisie,
I can tell you some good news, I spotted from week 5-9(10) on and off, and now I'm 22 weeks.  Dr's couldn't figure out the cause, they just guessed.  There is a thread that was posted by Casey on 9/19 under "ildike re spotting" she was asking me about mine, so there you can read my whole story.
Hi Daisie, I've had brown and even red! spotting off and on since week 5 (I am 8 weeks now).  We just had our first ultrasound and everything looks GOOD!  The doctor isn't sure what is causing the spotting/bleeding, but it is most likely something to do with my cervix being irritated or perhaps even infected.  I was put on antibiotics for bronchitis and I've noticed the spotting has almost stopped completely.  The time I had red blood, I probably broke a blood vessel in my cervix.  Anyway, they did a pap and I should be hearing soon.  Spotting in early pregnancy is not unusual, but should always be treated with respect.  Good luck with your ultrasound!
I'm so glad everything looks good!! You see, I told you!!  Now take a deep breath and start enjoying your pregnancy!!
Have you read my thread under Lisa's?  My baby is moving!!  Yuppeeee!!!!
Woooo!  The baby is moving??  How exciting!  :))))

Yep, you were right.  I'm SOOOOO grateful you were around to soothe my fears. ((((((hugs)))))
Hey,
     If you had an exam by the doctor that could also make you have brown spotting like that cus I know just about everytime I have had a check up and my doctor examed me I spotted and it was a brown color nothing heavy but they always told me if I might would get that or not so I didn't worry but it could be very possiable that the brown spots you are seeing is old blood because that early in you pg your body has to clean out getting your body ready for that baby, but if your still scared and worried talk more about it to your doctor.
I had my first ultrasound today and things look great! We saw a heartbeat and I am 6w3d due 5/25/04!  I am still spotting brown, been spotting for 3 days, but feel much, much better having seen a healthy heart.  Thanks, everyone, for your stories and well wishes :)
Daisie, GREAT news!!  I'm so happy for you. :)
Hey Casey 1 your problems are the very same as mine. Im 8 weeks pg too. I also was having dark red bleeding or spotting for a few days on and off and it stopped a few days ago. Im totally fine now. I had my u/s on Monday 9/29 and the doc said everything looked good. It's good to finally feel "good" about this may be the one who makes it. I've had 5 m/s, 1 bl/ovum & 1 ectopic. I don't have many of the same symptoms as strong as they were from 0 to 5 weeks. I was so tired, so nauseated, headaches, bachaches and bb swollen and hurting. My symptoms have yet to cease. I occasiionally get severely nauseated, headaches and I've been lightheaded since day one. I still get sore breasts throughout the night and need to use the restroom in the middle of the night. But this PG looks good :)) I requested the doc to give me progestrogene  adn he did. I have alot of prayers for this baby to go fullterm.
To all you ladies expected to have a wonderful pg good luck and too the ones I love dearly below who share something in common with us. :)HUGS & KISSES;)

My sis-n-law Rebekkah due 11/24/03.
My sis-n-law Carrie due 12/10/03.
My bfriend sis Angie due 12/22/03.
My sister Juanita due 01/29/04.
My bfriend Nikki due 02/24/04.
My baby is due 05/14/04.
Hey people -

My wife is making me nuts.  We are PG with our first child and she has brown spotting once a week.  She is 9 1/2 weeks along and things are going well with exception of the brown spotting.  She is not nervous at all because she has a friend who worked in an OBGYN and her friend is telling her that spotting (brown) is normal.  All I can think is this could be the beginning of a miscarriage.  The spotting seems to occur about or within 5 days of having sex.  I am really excited about being a dad but man, I am a nervous wreck.  It is always a little brown spotting as well.  It never is a lot.  I guess maybe I am worrying too much about something that I can do nothing about.  Since this is our first PG, I have no idea what to expect but I can tell you that it is on my mind constantly.  I am not looking for words of comfort here but I would like to know exactly how common it is to spot during the first trimester.  How many ladies have spotted once a week and carried their babies full to term?  is this brown spotting a bad sign?
Wow, this is great. I am nearly 6 weeks pg with my first pgnancy and was starting to worry as I have been experiencing abdominal pains like period painsand have had a sore back and very sore bbs. My doctor said this sounds normal but I was still worried. The tummy pains are starting to cease now ut my bbs and back are still pretty sore. Do you have to request a scan this early or is it pretty standard? I think here in NZ your first scan is at 13weeks? Your comments have made me feel very relieved, thank you!!!!