Brown discharge before periods
  I am 28 years old and for the past one and half years i am planning for a family. Since then, i am having brownish discharge which starts from 23rd day and continues till my 27th day ( i get periods exactly on 27th day). I met a gynec and she told its absolutely normal. However i find its increasing in volume. I am nervous about it as i am still planning for pregnancy and im scared if this something abnormal. Please let me know what i should do. I AM CONFUSED AND TENSED ABOUT THIS. PLEASE HELP ME
Hi!
If you are planning for a baby then you must get this brown discharge investigated. One possibility of a brown discharge is pregnancy. A dark discharge from vagina can be due to a foreign body (like a condom or tempon left behind) or due to cervical cancer or dysplasia, fibroids in uterus, endometriosis, or due to a STD or fungal infection. It can also be the side effect of a hormonal contraceptive. You will need pregnancy test, ultrasound, STD panel and PAP smear for confirmed diagnosis. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Take care!