Maternal & Child Community
Brownish maroon discharge / ttc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Brownish maroon discharge / ttc

i have a pretty unusual situation. My last period ended around the 10th of this month. My periods are pretty normal, always starting around the 4th up to the 6th, so i should have about 15 days until my next one.  well it is now the 22nd and for the past, i would, say 3-4 days i have been experiencing a discharge anywhere from a dark to light brown or maroon color. The first day i noticed this i wiped and found it to be light brown to pink.  The next day it was brown and pretty light, just stained my panty liner brown a bit. So the next day when i went to the bathroom it had stained the panty liner alot more, and was maroon in color, looking like the brown had been mixed with blood. This lasted a majority of the day but throught the day it continued to get lighter until it was light brown again, and wasnt as much. I have very light cramps and have been having very minor preg symptoms like slight headaches, a little nausea and dizziness, and a slight fever once in a while. I took hpt today, neg. result. I am wondering if it could be ectopic, or maybe old blood from my last period, a very early miscarriage (since i would only be like 2 weeks) or heavier than usual implant bleeding. I dont really think it is ectopic because the cramps arent severe at all. Has anyone  had these similar symptoms and turned out to be preg after all?  I am just looking for some hope and lots of sticky baby dust to all who are ttc!! If you need more info please ask!  thank you to all who share! I will def. keep u updated on the turnout!
I am actually experiencing,something similar. I had my period August 7-12, had a positive preg. test the 15th. The 16th starting light spotting as brown, now it is the 22 and I have been very lightly to almost none now spotting and mild to no cramping. It feels more tight than cramping. Like you stretched your muscle out too much. My hcg is at 49, fell to 32 now it is back up to 47 all within a 5 day period. My doctor said do a dnc, but I got a second opinion and he said dont panic yet. So far it sounds as if it could all be normal. I have had heavy, sensitive breasts, acne, some feeling of sickness, tiredness. I don't know if this helps but both doctors said this is the grey period and only time willtell. If I passes clots to go to the ER. Other than that just watch and take it easy.
thank you for the reply. i think it is awesome that you got a pos. so soon! are you sure that it was your period though? i have decided to do another hpt in a week. i figure if it is anything serious i would be in alot of pain with a lot of blood. I do have light cramping as i speak though. But i have to say that  the discharge has mostly stopped, and i only see it when i wipe. the color and consistency has changed also, it is now more of a tanish orange color and a bit thicker, there is no bad odor to it either. a few new symptoms though like metallic taste, and more new twinges and such in my abdom. area, but no changes with my breasts. my hubby also has been having cravings for food and been eating a ton latley (heard that this is possible from hours googling preggo symptoms). I am praying that these symptoms arent just from me worrying about it. Hope that everything goes well for you and i will keep u updated along with in my prayers!
Well, my hcg rose to 108, then fell to 64 and so did my progosterone again. I wound up miscarriaging at about 5am this morning. I woke up with feeling sick, then my cat came by and something just set me off and I could not stop getting sick,I went the the ER. No cramping though and no major blood loss. I guess when they say every mc is different, they are speaking the truth. I have ALWAYS heard you will have severe cramps and major bleeding. My doctor even said to look out for that too. I did not have it though. But, my hcg was 10 this am at the ER. O well, it is ok I suppose. Though I am a bit sad. We weren't planning to have a baby now anyway.

And I already had changes, my breasts got heavy and were sensitive, acne and increased appetite/urination too.
Good luck to you though!!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.