Maternal & Child Community
Bruising during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Bruising during pregnancy

Happy Monday everyone.  I was lying out by the pool last weekend and the weekend before last on a wrought iron chaise lounge and when I was done, I noticed all theses diamond shape (chaise lounge pattern) bruises on my bottom.  It's black and purple.  I am really worry about this because I was just either sitting or lying on the lounge and none of my friends got bruise on the bottom because of that.  Do I have some sort of blood or circulatory disease due to my pregnancy.  I am 5'4 and weight 125lbs and I will be 18 weeks preggo in a few days.  Please advise.
Dolly
That happened to me during my pregnancy but it was due to low iron. I don'y know if that is what is wrong with you but you never know. I would def. ask the doctor though. Good luck.
Tiffany
The nurse said it's increased blood volume in my body.  I was thinking of anemia too, I guess I will see when they do my iron test later.

Thanks!
i have the exact same problem.  my doc said it's just due to low iron during pregnancy and hopefully the prenatals will help.  the other day at work i bumped my arm and now i have a huge blue/purple bruise on my arm.  sometimes they appear without my knowing how they got there.  with all of my previous preg. i had the same issues, and it generally resolved itself after i finished nursing each one of the little ones.
I was looking at some pics from right after I gave birth to my daughter, and I had hideous purple bruises all over my legs. I think some women just bruise more easily when pg.
IN MY CASE I WENT TO A DERMATOLOGIST.  MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT IT WAS A WAY OF MY BODY TELLING ME I WASN'T GETTING MY PERIOD.  HE DID GIVE ME THE NAME FOR IT BUT I TOTALLY FORGOT WHAT IT WAS (IT WAS WAY TO COMPLICATED).  I AM IN MY THIRD PREGNANCY AND I'VE HAD THEM ON ALL THREE TIMES.  I USUALLY GET THEM AROUND THE 16TH  WEEK OF PREGNANCY.  IT STARTS LIKE A RED BUMP THAT WHEN TOUCHED FEELS LIKE A BRUISE AND LATER IT TURNS INTO A MORE PURPLE COLOR.  I ALSO GET THEM FROM MY KNEES DOWN.  REMEMBER THIS IS MY EXPEIRENCE I ALSO SUGGEST YOU ASK YOUR DOCTOR.
yeah my wife was at work and when she came hom she had a red bruise right above her waistline that resembled a hicki and faded like one 2 is this normal