Bruising during pregnancy
Happy Monday everyone.  I was lying out by the pool last weekend and the weekend before last on a wrought iron chaise lounge and when I was done, I noticed all theses diamond shape (chaise lounge pattern) bruises on my bottom.  It's black and purple.  I am really worry about this because I was just either sitting or lying on the lounge and none of my friends got bruise on the bottom because of that.  Do I have some sort of blood or circulatory disease due to my pregnancy.  I am 5'4 and weight 125lbs and I will be 18 weeks preggo in a few days.  Please advise.
Dolly
That happened to me during my pregnancy but it was due to low iron. I don'y know if that is what is wrong with you but you never know. I would def. ask the doctor though. Good luck.
Tiffany
The nurse said it's increased blood volume in my body.  I was thinking of anemia too, I guess I will see when they do my iron test later.

Thanks!
I was looking at some pics from right after I gave birth to my daughter, and I had hideous purple bruises all over my legs. I think some women just bruise more easily when pg.
i have the exact same problem.  my doc said it's just due to low iron during pregnancy and hopefully the prenatals will help.  the other day at work i bumped my arm and now i have a huge blue/purple bruise on my arm.  sometimes they appear without my knowing how they got there.  with all of my previous preg. i had the same issues, and it generally resolved itself after i finished nursing each one of the little ones.
IN MY CASE I WENT TO A DERMATOLOGIST.  MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT IT WAS A WAY OF MY BODY TELLING ME I WASN'T GETTING MY PERIOD.  HE DID GIVE ME THE NAME FOR IT BUT I TOTALLY FORGOT WHAT IT WAS (IT WAS WAY TO COMPLICATED).  I AM IN MY THIRD PREGNANCY AND I'VE HAD THEM ON ALL THREE TIMES.  I USUALLY GET THEM AROUND THE 16TH  WEEK OF PREGNANCY.  IT STARTS LIKE A RED BUMP THAT WHEN TOUCHED FEELS LIKE A BRUISE AND LATER IT TURNS INTO A MORE PURPLE COLOR.  I ALSO GET THEM FROM MY KNEES DOWN.  REMEMBER THIS IS MY EXPEIRENCE I ALSO SUGGEST YOU ASK YOUR DOCTOR.
yeah my wife was at work and when she came hom she had a red bruise right above her waistline that resembled a hicki and faded like one 2 is this normal