Bulging jugular vein
I was wondering if anyone ever found info about their children whose jugular vein bulges when crying or just talking loudly and expressively.  One of my 5 year old twins has always had a more visible jugular that seemed to bulge out during times of emotion mostly.  Just today it seemed that there was a round bulge near the bottom of the vein which does not feel like a lump or anything at all when I touch it.  It doesn't hurt him and only comes out when he is being very expressive or upset.  He is an emotional child but is also highly intelligent. His heart was tested by a pediatric cardiologist while in utero and everything was perfect.  He has had no ailments in these 5 years with the exception of very minor flus,  (much more mild cases than his twin ever had) but does get rashes after a virus.  When I gave him a shower before bed and the asked him to talk loudly and such it wasn't nearly as big as an hour before that.  Googling it has left me with no solid clues except to frighten me with a tremendous list of scary possibilities.
My husband has a noticable jugular and when he yells or gets angry it also seems to bulge and get a round what looks like a lump. It is not painful he said he never noticed and as far as i know is nothing to worry about. Ask your doc next time you are there for something else just for reassurence. Good Luck
My 3y old has the same thing. The j vein on her left side sticks out (pops out and looks like a knot) whens she laughs, etc...Any new developments on this topic? She is otherwise healthy too. Didn't check it with her doctor yet. Also she was born with a flat head on that side too, with her neck muscles twisted and bulging in some places. Wondering if that has anything to do with it. Any ideas anyone. It is a shame that not many people come back to tell about developments on this topic.
Pls pls i think im having same problem on my child :( doctor never seen it before i wonder what happened to the other parents and chikd here that experience same thing :( pls help