Aa
A
A
Close
Burning Nipples and Pregancy
I have been burning in my nipples for about two weeks and I now just got my period. Is burning nipples apart for pregancy?
Cancel
35 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It can be a symptom........but if you have your period it dosen't sound likely. Who knows some women have a light period through pregancy. i would ge it checked out
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank You!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am confused because I have never had any kind of problems with my breast. I usually don't hurt or burn at all. This is the first for me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Is there any discharge coming from your breasts? Put your mind at ease and go to the dr. Let us know how it goes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Well since I got my PMS on monday night I haven't been burning, just feel tender.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Are you sure it is not PMS??? I never used to have breast pain and started getting it about 4 months ago before my period arrives.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You could very well just be producing extra hormones this month which could cause burning and/or breast tenderness.  You said you are having our period, I do not believe you are pregnant.  If the burning/tenderness does not improve after your period is done, then call your gyn or dr.  and see what they suggest.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Has anybody out here experienced what I am talking about or am I just going crazy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I hope i didn't scare you sweetie. I always think it's better to be safe than sorry. I have never experienced this before
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You are not going crazy.  Last cycle I just KNEW I was pregnant b/c there were a couple of times when I got this shooting pain just in my nipples.  Well, AF still arrived.  I often get tender breast before AF, but never the shooting pain in my nipples.  Now I just get to add that to my list of could-be-pregnancy-could-be-PMS symptoms.  It stinks, I know. Just keep trying!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No discharge they just feel really tender. They kind of feel like   something is pulling in up to the nipple.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok sweetie it's time for a trip to your dr. Good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok, now I'm scared. What do you think? Is there something seriously wrong with me? Do you think I am pregant or a possablilty?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi ladies, I got my AF on Jan. 31st I had sex with my husband on Feb, 12,13 and 15th. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative, according to my ovulation chart we were RIGHT ON TIME!!! Could I have tested too soon? I know EPT says they can detect as soon as 4 days before you next AF, for me I am due to come on On Feb. 28th, but I took a urine test at a clinic is there test better than an EPT? HELPPPPPPPPP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93532_tn?1349374050
I have breast pain, but not really in the nipples. I didn't develop nipple pain until later in my previous pgs, but a few months ago my PMS symptoms started really mimicking pg symptoms, right down to the breast pain, nausea, fatigue, etc. Had i gone by my symptoms, I would still be waiting for af. Nature can be cruel.

I agree with the previous poster, the only way to know is to take a test. If it is neg and the pain continues, I also recommend making an appt to see your doctor.

Andi
Comment
Cancel
93532_tn?1349374050
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
What does AF mean?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
AF = Aunt Flo, nickname for your period.  :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am not sure if you ladies can help. But I had a miscarriage in December, 6 weeks later i had a period well now 5 weeks later nothing. I went to the doctor a week ago and he said that I should start anyday but if i haven't in 2 weeks come back. they also did blood work then too and all was negative. My question is, is this normal and is there a possibility that i am indeed pregnant and it is just to soon. Thanks for all advice.

P.S. sorry for posting here
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Oh! Ok! Now I feel really stupid!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Don't feel stupid, everyone has to learn the acronyms from somewhere.  It might as well be here, right?  :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93532_tn?1349374050
Are you kidding, I was here for 6 months before i found out what it meant!! I was so shy about it, I never did ask. SOmeone finally listed the acronyms for the group and I felt so silly for not asking!

Andi
Comment
Cancel
93532_tn?1349374050
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Here's a link that I saved in my favorites from another thread a few months ago.  I still go to it when I'm confused about what an abbreviation stands for:

http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you all for your advice and opinions. Would also like to add how much I want a baby. I just feel like there is an empty spot in my life and my heart. I just got engaged on Valentine's to a wonderful man I have been friends with for years. I am also recently divorced from a marriage that was doomed to fail from the beginning. Now I feel that I have found my soulmate. He wants children too. We have been VERY active and so far we think a couple of months ago we got PG but I had a light period and then I got checked and they said it was very possible that I M/C.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93532_tn?1349374050
Be patient, I know it is easier said than done. Keep up your "activity level" and in time it will happen.

When's the big day? (wedding)

Andi
Comment
Cancel
93532_tn?1349374050
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
We haven't set a wedding date yet. I have only been divorced for seven monthes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
on my 2nd pregnancy, i was 2 weeks late and still didnt' have a distinctive line.  the dr's test (urine, just like a hpt) was 2 big lines.  i dont know...wait a couple more days, look out for af and test again.  use first morning urine.  if af, is a no show, and hpt is still neg.  then see your dr. for a blood test.  good luck to you!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The reason I think it's a possibilty is b/c I have had three people tell me that that is what they experienced when they were pregant. Any advice?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Before my m/c I had some breast pain during pms but it is totally different since the m/c.  I have shooting pains and much more tenderness.  Have you recently had a m/c or baby?  I know those pregnancy hormones do a number on your body and can take a while to readjust.  I would contact a doc if it doesn't stop soon, but try not to worry.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
To be blunt and straightforward, take a test or go to the doctor. I get the burning/tender nipple thing with all 3 of my PGs and it stays as a symptom the whole 1st trimester and I also have it as a pms symptom every few months and it last for about 3 days. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
AF means aunt flow
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My nipples burn when I am pregnant.  Not so tender just a strong burning sensation especially in the mornings.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. I was doing that burning nipples thing and then on Tuesday Feb. 21st I got my period. Well I usually only have a 3 or 4 day period. Well I went for 6 days this time. It kept acting like it was going to stop but then I would start again. I am NOT having the burning anymore but my nipples are still tender. Did your nipples look brown around the nipple and light pink/red in the center of the nipple?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Has anyone had breast pain similiar to pre menstruation and then had it go away but was pregnant?  I am 37 days into my cycle and still no period.  I was wondering if my breasts could hurt then stop and then begin getting sore once again?  
Thanks!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hi,
im 5 weeks pregnant from last menstral period but the soreness in my breasts has dissapeard.i had a blighted ovum 6 months ago and the same thing happened.When does the soreness go away.im really worried that the same thing has happened.We have been trying to concieve for 4 years.Im still ging to the loo a alot but i know from experience that i still have the pregnancy hormone in me that could be responsable for that.Please if anybody could let me know when their soreness went away
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have been expericing tingling nipples, and like a burning sensation. but i dont have regualr periods so i dont know if im preggo. but what can i assume of this happening is is normal even not being preggo some one help me?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Burning Nipples and Pregancy
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952