Maternal & Child Community
Burping a Symptom?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Burping a Symptom?

I'm posting for a friend who does not have access to the internet.  She and I have been TTC for a while now.  I have miscarried twice and still trying.  She is not supposed to start AF for about another 5 or 6 days.  She has been burping continuously for the past three days.  I have never heard if this could be a sign of pregnancy.  She isn't very fit financially right now and doesn't want to test till she knows for sure that she could be pregnant.  If anyone has had this before could you please let me know.  I think it would be great if she was pregnant...although i think i would be a little jealous!  she also mentioned that her bb's were sore, but she thought it was just from lifting her neice's.  
thanks for any help!
Lots of babydust to everyone!
I have never heard of anyone having burping in the first few weeks of pregnancy as a symptom.  However, having said that, womens bodies sometimes do very strange things when they are pregnant and everyone is different.  So even though its not a typical symptom for the majority of women it may be for her. Wish her well and babydust for both of you.(and of course a little jealousy from you would be normal)lol
Hi!
Yes burping alot could be a sign of pregnancy, and yeah not all pregnant women get this symptom, since every pregnancy and women's body is different. This is a link to some questions and answer about gas (burping) during pregnancy. Hope this help a little.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/247.html

take care and good luck to you and your friend.
Typically symptoms like that don't start right away. She would be more likely to have fatigue and breast tenderness before the belching. But anything is possible I guess : )

Andrea
It is possible for anyone woman who has sexual intercourse to become pregnant.  

ESPECIALLY if she is TTC!  

There isn't any symptom that "means" anything.  Some pregnant women have all sorts of weird symptoms.  Some have none.  If she misses her period, she should test.  Plain and simple.

Wish I could be more help, but so many people write in to ask if this or that "means" anything.  You just can't tell by some sort of symptom.  
The only way to tell is by the presence of HCG (pregnancy hormone) in the urine or blood, or through an ultrasound. Period.
I'm sure this is too late to help the original poster, but might be helpful for someone using this post as a resource.  I just found out that I am pregnant (4 weeks now) and I have been belching constantly for 2-3 weeks.  This is my second pregnancy and it was the same with my first.  With my first pregnancy, my husband had started telling me how he couldn't believe how gross I had become since we'd been married (for less than a year).  It turns out I was pregnant!  He said he knew this month I was pregnant because I was belching so much but didn't say anything as he didn't want to get my hopes up (we've been TTC for 7 months).  My mom and sister also said they knew they were pregnant when they started getting burpy.  HTH.
Ang
I am 7 weeks and have been burping alot............ although I also burped a bit before I was pregnant.  Wow did not know it was from the progestrone levels increasing.  Cool.  Eating small meals more often and cutting back on carbs helps me.  I'm even having gas chest pains.  Swallowing air can cause the gas too.  My nose is stuffy, so my mouth is open at times when I eat, that's not helping much.  Hope this passes soon - it hurts at times.  and yes it is gross.  Ri
Hi.
I'm having soreness of my breast, i feel it's tenderness. i have continues burping every night, i've missed period almost 2 weeks. i'm having pregnancy test twice but it's negative. i'm worried if i'm pregnant 'coz i'm having pre-marital sex. kindly help me. :'(
I been feeling very sick lately. Ok i my period was late then it came and it was brownish red very light no cramping at all didnt last that long.

Then my breast are swollen and during the whole month of Sep i was bloated and burping and farting all day. I gained about 8 pounds and i do not eat alot. I been very tired my period is due sometime right now and i dont feel like it at all  i know my cycle.

I went to the doctor and the took an PT and it was neg. But the doctor still put me on prenatal pills. im alwayz tired and light headed. Craving for things. Iam i pregnant?
I am about 11 weeks pregnant and is the one of the only sign which I experienced through my all pregnancies was burping and when I searched on internet( as I was not happy about it) it seems it is one the sign of pregnancy in early stages and some belives it could be worst as you go further.
i have been belching and having gas,my breast have been tender and im noticing them getting darker,i stay gagging all the time and sick feeling,and my sense of smell is crazy good now ,i havnt missed my period yet .could i be pregnant?????
yes me too . i'm having pre-marital sex too . kindly help me. :'(  im worried cause im only 16 years old help me please . I'm afraid .