Maternal & Child Community
C-Section 1/12 year ago

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

C-Section 1/12 year ago

Hi, Ladies!  I recently had a c-section about a year and a half ago for my first child.  I'm not preganant nor planning too.  But my question to those who have had c-sections or now someone who has my questions are for you....
When planning with my active 1 1/2 year baby she tends to jump on my cut area and it's really senstivite so it hurts.  When I wear jeans, especially woth a belt, it hurts.  When i wear those strechy pants it still hurts.  Any type of pressure it hurts.  When I'm pulling down my panties it hurts.  I told my ob at about 6 monyhs after that it still hurted me but she said that's normal.  Is it normal to hurt that way still after a year and a half?  To make the subject even better,  when I go to the bathroom and after I'm empty I get these pains either on my cut or my side (mostly left) But I don't have std's.  I even get neasea after I use the bathroom.  I use to geo throught that alot when I was pregant. Hint: I'm on the patch, just started four or five months ago but was on the depo shot since one month after my delivery.  Can that also be a reason?  Or can it be that I have too much body wieght inside.  I also had the c-section because I was a size 1 whan got pregant and now I range from sizes 9 to 11.  Crazy but true!  Anyways what the matter with my inside's,  Is it normal?

Many Thanks...
I had a c-section 4 1/2 years ago, but I do not remember it hurting for that long. It was sensitive for quite some time, but I never experienced pain like you are describing. My best advice would be that you should contact you ob/gyn just to be on the safe side..
i had 2 c-section but ido not rember it hurting a year later i would call the dr and tell her that it still hurts .
HELLO
I HAD A C-SECTION 3 1/2YEARS AGO WITH MY TWINS,I TO WAS SESITIVE FOR A LONG TIME ALSO HAD SPASUMS IN STRANGE SPOTS THEY SAID THAT WAS GAS BUILT UP WHICH CAUSED ME SOME DISCOMFORT AND ALITTLE PAIN, IT SEEMS WEIRD TO ME THAT YOUR PAIN IS SO INTENSE SOMETIMES PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO GET SECOND OP. BEST WISHES I KNOW ITS DIFFICULT HURTING WHILE TAKING CARE OF CHILDREN.
I had a c-section 5 years ago next month and for about the past 3 years I started having pain in the incision area. The pain started getting more intense so I went to the doctor but she blew me off and said she didn't really know what it could be. I went to three other doctors who pretty much did the same thing. Well, I went to my family practitioner and he had an assistant filling in for him that day. He told me this is not normal and I needed a pelvic exam and sent me to a gynecologist. The next day I went to a new gynecologist and gave me an exam and said "no, this pain is not normal" and thought it could be endometriosis so he wanted to a laparoscopy and I agreed to it. Well, to my shock could it was not endometriosis but it was scarring called adhensions. It was from the c-section not healing right and had formed scar tissue that had grew and attached it's self to other parts of my body. So anytime i would stretch it would be painful. With this procedure he was able to remove it right then and take the pictures before and after and went home same day. Insurance paid for it and recovered in about three days. I feel so much better Don't let them blow you off make them do this procedure and find out what's going on. Good luck!
I had a c-section 5 years ago next month and for about the past 3 years I started having pain in the incision area anytime I would wear jeans or getting up and down. The pain started getting more intense so I went to the doctor but she blew me off and said she didn't really know what it could be. I went to three other doctors who pretty much did the same thing. Well, I ended up having a urinary tract infection and went to my family practitioner and he had an assistant filling in for him that day. I thought well it couldn't hurt to ask him and see what he thinks. He told me this is not normal and I needed a pelvic exam and sent me to a gynecologist. He also told me not to let the doctors blow me off that I knew my body better then anyone and don't let them just make a guess of what could be wrong. He said you make them take a look at you and find out the problem. so the next day I went to a new gynecologist and gave me an exam and said "no, this pain is not normal" and thought it could be endometriosis so he wanted to a laparoscopy and I agreed to it. Well, to my shock could it was not endometriosis but it was scarring called adhensions. It was from the c-section not healing right and had formed scar tissue that had grew and attached it's self to other parts of my body. So anytime i would stretch it would be painful. With this procedure he was able to remove it right then and take the pictures before and after. He also found two cyst that were larger then my ovaries and also remove them at the same time and went home same day. Insurance paid for it and recovered in about three days. I feel so much better and thank this wonderful doctor that helped me other wise I would had to have lived with this pain forever. Don't let them blow you off make them do this procedure and find out what's going on. Good luck!
I started having pain 2 months after my c-section, that was a year and a half ago. It starts 1-1 1/2 before my period.  The day I start menstration it stops and up to a week after my period had ended. Usually 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.  I had adhensions removed, still the pain is with me after 4 months of the procedure. My doctor doesn't know what the problem is and wants to send me to pain management.  I don't feel this is a solution to my problem only a band aid and won't help me really.  Any ideas that could be helpful to my situation.

Thank you so much for posting this information on the internet!!   I had a c section ... will be 7 years in June... and for the past 5 years i have been having the pains in my c-setion area ...  doctors have told me about shots to help the pain... but i don't want to HELP TO PAIN  i want to get rid of it..  

It has gotten really bad.. to the point where i am having sharp pains shooting in that area... it feels as though i am being stabbed with something... well.. i went to the doctor, yesterday and i am waiting for a call for the surgen general doctor to look at me for hernia... and the only reason i am going to this doctor is because i meationed that someone said i might have one... ...  first doctor told me to stop shaving my area.. that that would cause the burning and irritation of touch.... see when i am about to start my period that area starts to hurt.... and then while i am on my period..... but if for some reason i hit that area accidently.. or have intercourse ... it gets touched or pulled.... it starts to hurt....   then i was told i had endometreous!!!  i mean it is like they tell me anything to excuse me..... i feel... just to get rid of me....    I mean...  i was seeing a OBGYN..!!!  for goodness sake...shouldn't he be aware of Adhesions??????    so now that i have read what you wrote and see we have the same thing going on.. i am going to call tomarrow to get an appointment... THANK YOU>>>> SO MUCH

I've had 3 c-sections and healed differently each time.  1st time was great.  No probs and a tiny scar. 2nd time was worse, as I suffered some permanent numbness around the scar and the scar was much bigger, too.  3rd time, I actually sustained some permanent numbness inside my vulva, which now stings when touched and after the 3rd one, I could never let my baby stand on me to play, as if he stood on my vulva for even a second, it would hurt very baddly.  He is 10 now and I'm still sore down there and around my scar.  I believe it's nerve damage.
Standing on the Vulva?  I'm confused... isn't that between our legs and part of our female parts?
I HAD A C-SECTION  FIVE YEARS AGO AND STILL HAVE BAD PAIN IN IT . THE DOCTORS JUST KEEP TELLING THAT IT CANT STILL HURT AFTER FIVE YEAR AND THAT IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD. IT HURTS WHEN I GET UP OUT OF BED. WHEN I GO TO THE BATHROOM,WHEN I SIT DOWN,WHEN I PLAY BALL WITH MY KIDS,I CANT EVEN GO TO THE PARK AND HAVE FUN WITH MY KIDS, I HAVE 3 KIDS AND I DONT HAVE TIME FOR ALL OF THE PAIN BUT I CANT FIND A DOCTOR THAT WILL HELP ME, IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO FOR THE PAIN PLEASE HELP
i had a c-section 7 months ago. it hurts when i have sex and the it still feels sore. any ideas of what could be wrong.am  not totally healed?
My daughter had a c-cection 2 yrs ago. She had been having pain on her right side and has never felt right ever since her c-section. She had had pain, tired with nasea. Finally after going to the doctor many times ended up in er with severe pain.  They did a sonagram and found both overies with masses and a large mass in her adomal area.  She had a sonagram 4 months ago and they found nothing. The doctor thinks it is endometrioso or ovarian cancer.  Has anybody had an experiance like this.
I'm 23 yrs old and this is my 3rd c-section. 4years ago my baby went into fetal distress and had to have emergency c-section then 3years ago I went into septic shock at 24week's so the drs had to do an emergency c-section and I lost my son then last year had twins by c-section but one passed away a month after she was born due to stomach exploding due to infection and now it's so painful when having sex or touching scarred area.any advice wat it could be? Also cannot go full term with pregnancys,  first one was 36 wks, second was 30 wks and 5 days,  third was 24 wks and twins were 26 wks and 1 day.  Does anyone know why that is?