Maternal & Child Community
CAN YOU GET PREGNANT RIGHT AFTER A D&C BY USING THE PULL OUT METHOD...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

CAN YOU GET PREGNANT RIGHT AFTER A D&C BY USING THE PULL OUT METHOD

I HAD A D&C 6 WEEKS AGO AFTER LOSING TWINS AT 7 WEEKS. I HAVENT HAD MY PERIOD YET BUT ME AND DH HAVE BEEN BD BUT WITH THE PULL OUT METHOD. IM WONDERING IF I COULD BE PREGNANT AGAIN AND THATS WHY I HAVENT HAD MY PERIOD.
Yes you could be pregnant or it could simply be  your body readjusting after the D & C - remember, you get your period AFTER you ovulate so no one can tell you if you have started to ovulate yet or not.  

Q: if you are trying to get pregnant, why are you using the pull-out method?  The chances of getting pregnant from the pull-out method are low, but there nonetheless.
you can get pregnant using the pull out method even if you didnt jus have a dnc. and when you have a dnc your chances of getting pregnant increase so take a pregnancy test
thankyou for your comment spade22. We do want to be pregnant again but dr told us to wait for one period so a little worried something could wrong if i did get pregnant so soon. I know ive been a bit silly i wouldnt mind if i was 16 but im 33 and should know better.
I took about 7 full weeks after a d&c before my first period came...and I was about 10 weeks along.
You sure can!!  I am 27 weeks pregnant and that's exactly how i got pregnant this time around..  
typically Dr.'s want you to wait for three regular cycles to ttc in order for your body to heal. D&C's are tramatic on your uterus. Actually your risk of a m/c increases if you conceive to quick after your last one. Doesn't mean you will m/c there is just a higher risk. Anyway sometimes you cycle takes a while to regulate and start again.
I think it took 7-8 weeks for my first cycle after my d&c...
good luck!
I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I have had 3 miscarriages and one was naturally the other two were D&C's.  

When I had my 2nd miscarriage (1st D&C) the doctor advised me to wait 3-6 cycles to try and conceive.  Unfortunately I got pregnant on birth control about 1 month after the D&C.  I ended up having my 3rd miscarriage.  

Yes you CAN get pregnant right after a D&C...I am PROOF!  :)

Good luck!