CHild Loss of Appetite - Please help - Very Worried
Hi everyone.  My 5 year old daughter has a huge appetite, I mean she's constantly asking for food.  ABout 1 1/2 agao she had a bad cold, but she's been fine for about 1 week.  However, for the past 2-3 days, she does not seem as interested for food.  I think her appetite has reeduced by at least 50 %. She does eatbut not nearly as much.  SHe's is , thank God, as active as ever, she's non stop all day long.  I ask her if she feels OK and she says she feels good.  What can this be.  I look on line and I see appetite loss can be from an underlying disease.  I am so scared, for some reason I am crying so much... maybe the pregnancy harmones.

Has this happened to anyone?

Please respond

Thank you all
Children's appetites are usually related to their growth patterns. A young child may eat like a pig for weeks or months before a sudden growth spurt. Then, once their need is fulfilled, their appetite can drop off dramatically. I would just keep an eye on her weight. As long as she isn't losing weight, and seems like she's as energetic as ever, I wouldn't worry. If she drops a couple of pounds though, or acts unusually cranky or tired, I would take her in for a check-up.

As for the crying.....Yeah, I have that problem too sometimes. Darn hormones!
As far as weight she looks the same.  AS far as energy, boy she's up by 7 and she jiust went to bed, it's 10.  ANd in between she's non stop, thank God.  WE have to beg her to get to bed.  Friday she ate up a storm, Sat so, so, Sun she barely ate.  Monday, she ate in school and had a 6 inch meatball sub from subway and then ate some stuff at night, but today, she ate lunch at school and a small lunch around 3 and 1/2 a burger now.  FOr some it might seem alot but for her it's not, that's why I'm worried.  The one good thing is that she is having alot of chocolate milk.  

ALl I do is worry, about my health, my kids, my husband, my parents.  My life like this is unberable (sp)?  I feel as if I'm loosing control.  I just literally send my husband to (you know where)  and I can't stop crying.  Urghhhh this is so bad

Sorry to bore you guys
If she has no other symptoms I would say disregard it.  However if shes sleeping a lot or very pale and lethargic or there is a change in her personality I would call your dr.  Other than that maybe shes too busy playing to eat.  which unless your child is very skinny is not a bad things.  My daughter eats when shes hungrey.  sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't..
If you are that concerned you should cal her doctor, just to put your mind at ease. I am not an expert but it sounds like it could be a lingering effect from being sick. Sometimes, depending on the type of bug that one gets while sick, they can begin to get better but may still have fatigue, loss of appetite, etc. for a little while after. I would call just to be sure and watch her but if she seems healthy and is still active, I'm sure she is fine.
P.S.
You are not alone. I constantly worry about my husband and daughter and this baby as well and I mean constantly. I would say my worrying about their health and safetly is borderline obsessive, especially while pregnant, it seems to get much worse whenever I am pregnant. I was exposed to a lot of death and tradgedy as a young child and obsessively worry about the ones I love since. It is a burden that I carry with my ever day that literally can bring down the quality of life if I allow it to. At least you can feel rest assured that a lot of it is due to pregnancy hormones, I have talked to many other women that experience the same thing while pregnant and have read about it in may different pregnancy books, how bad worrying can be made worse during this very hormonal time. You'll be fine, don't worry....I know...haha!