Maternal & Child Community
CLOMID AND IRREGULAR PERIODS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CLOMID AND IRREGULAR PERIODS

HAS ANY ONE OUT THERE EXPERIENCED EXTREMELY LATE PERIODS WHILE BEING ON CLOMID?  THIS WAS MY FIRST CYCLE ON CLOMID AND MY MENSTURAL CYCLE IS NOW GOING INTO 40 DAYS WITH STILL NOT SIGN OF MY PERIOD. TWO PREGNANCY TEST CONFIRMED THAT I AM NOT PREGNANT.  DID ANYONE OUT THERE EXPERIECE THIS TYPE OF SYMPTOM WHILE TAKING CLOMID?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have used clomid 2 cyles and my periods have been regular since then. Unfortunately my pregnancy did only last 19 weeks ending, with baby being disgnosed without hearbeat by then. No reasons found yet....
Blank
132217_tn?1217152617
My first cycle of clomid went over 45 days and negative HPT and ob/gyn did blood work, confirmed definately not pregnant (& didnt ovulate) so he started me on a tablet to get my af. I did 3 cycles of clomid and it didnt make my body o and each time I had to have tablet to bring on af.....ARGH!!! the frustration.

Everyone is different tho.  Who would think that we would be 'wanting' an af to appear lol....seems wrong.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
Yes, many women experience later ovulation and longer cycles with Clomid. My cycles were 27-28 days before Clomid, and now they are 31 days.
Blank
I will be starting my 2nd dose of Clomid.  I too am normally 28 days, and when my 28 day came up with no AF, I thought "good! I'm finally pregnant!" So I ordered some test over the internet hoping that when they did get here my AF wouldn't just be late and start.

Well... my AF did start, I was 2 days late.  UG!  How sad, and the thought of having to do clomid again... even more frustrating!  I don't know if I ovulated or not... I'm not good at checking my CM or even knowing what it would look like.  It has never looked like EGCM.  So, I'm probably not ovulating.

With my 2nd dose of Clomid this time, I'm going to follow some advice I was given, we'll see if that works and see if I do ovulate or not.

Good luck!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank