CONSTANT FATIGUE
mornin' ladies! did/do any of you have constant fatigue during the 2nd trimester? i thought that we are supposed to feel so much better during the 2nd trimester than during the first? i feel worse, i am constantly falling asleep at my desk at work, on the sofa at nite while watching t.v., etc. i drink coffee each morning, and i am afraid to drink more than that for fear that the caffeine will harm the baby. what can i do to shake this fatigue? i get a good night's sleep each night, aroung 8 hours. i am 17 weeks. thanks in advance.

-sienna
I too felt that way.  I did not get any of the relief they talk about in the 2nd trimester.  I was tired throughout my entire pg and I did not get the 2nd trimester "glow".  I don't have any advice, I just got through it.  I did not drink any caffeine at all.  I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone, I went through the same thing.  :-)
IM WITH YOU LADIES- IM 23 1/2 WEEKS AND STILL SO TIRED AND NO GLOW FOR ME EITHER- BUT IM MOVING ALONG TIERD DAY BY TIERD DAY. MY STEP DAUGHTER GAVE ME COUGH-THE DARLING ALWAYS SHARING LOL. SO NOW IM EVEN MORE WIPED OUT CAUSE IM UP ALL NIGHT COUGHING.
It is normal, but I would tell your doctor and see if he wants to check to make sure you aren't anemic. I get anemic with each pregnancy and it makes you very very tired all the time. They will just have you start taking more iron if you are.
yes, i am anemic. but the prenatal vitamins that i take have iron in them. is that just not enough? i have iron pills that i was taking prior to this pregnancy, should i take them now, along with my vitamins??? i also have migranes that just started a few weeks ago. i get them each day in the morning. they are really painful and my eyes hurt during one. tylenol does not help them, so i decided that i will not take it anymore; i'll just tuff it out like a big girl. five more months to go!

--------sienna
I had the same problem when I was pregnant.  It sounds to me that you may be anemic.  That was the case with me.  I would definitely let your dr know about it and ask her to do blood work to see if your iron count is low.  If it is then you will probably be placed on iron supplements.  If you are not anemic then you should try to get more rest.  Just remember that your body is going through a lot and you need to make sure you get extra rest to make sure you adjust to all aspects of pregnancy.  lol  I found that the iron supplements and eating a well balanced diet really helped out - try walking about 30 minutes a day.  This can sometimes help rejuvenate your body too.
no the iron in your prenatal vitamins will not be a sufficient source of iron while you are pregnant if you are anemic.  You should not take the iron pills that you were taking prior to pregnancy.  i was placed on iron pills called Fergon while I was pregnant.  These are safer to take while you are pregnant and are designed with pregnant women in mind as they have enough to provide iron for you and your baby.  Also if you plan to breastfeed it is a good idea to continue with the Fergon pills after you have the baby.  The migraines could possibly be a side effect of iron deficiency.  Keep in mind that you should consult your doctor before you start taking anything while pregnant.  i am surprised that she did not put you on Fergon when she found out you were anemic.  I hope this helps.  good luck.
thank you, i will ask my doctor about fergon next week at my appt.

sienna
When I was pregnant with my son I was tired at weird times and I would go for a walk. I had a pregnancy video with Denise Austin that I loved. I would have a big glass of water and do some stretches. I did a lot of driving for my commute and then on my feet all day. Those things seemed to help me out. I was anemic before pregnancy and they checked my levels and they were on the safe side during pregnancy, so those things may not help you if you are on the unhealthy side of anemia. But try them, they might work. Don't do the stretches or workout if you are restricted to weight and certain exercises, just incase.