Maternal & Child Community
COUGHING BLOOD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

COUGHING BLOOD

This morning i found myself coughing up blood !Is this normal during pregnancy R is this something serious? Please tell me something or anything would be helpful at this point
call you doc because you should never be caughing up blood preggo or not
have you been sick? i know nose bleeds are a normal thing because pregnancy affects those mucus membranes, but the only time i have heard of coughing up blood was from excessive coughing irritating the lining of the throat and /or lungs.

please call your doctor.
You are coughing up blood and you come on here and ask if it's serious?
We don't know.  It could be sinus drainage or your esophugus could be torn.
Call your Dr.
If you felt like you had snot in your throat, it could be bloody drainage from your sinuses. That is probably not serious. You should call your Dr. though to be sure that is the source.
Coughing up blood is a sign of serious infection like TB, you need to call you doc immediately.
Years ago,32 to be exact, I was feel ill with coughing up blood.It turned out that I had T.B.Not to say that you have.!  But I was put on medication and when my very Healthy Baby Boy was born, The doctor put him on preventive medicine. He has grown up very healthy. I know you have heard of the T.B. scare of the Lawyer on T.V.There are different strains. Most all very curable. So please take that fear out of your mind. But Please do go to your Doctor & see what he  may think the problem is. If you have had bronchicis recently ,a strain of your coughing would cause bleeding  due to stress on your lungs. also. If your Doctor feels a  T.B test  is necessary ,just to ensure your health, & the health of your unborn baby.Its just a little ***** on your arm Medicine has come along way in the 32 years since I started my family.We all fear the unknown ! I just wish that back in my days of Baby Making we had such a support system as you all do here. (And this  I would like to say to (have 2 kids) You sound like you are annoyed with questions like this.(do you know little girl the only DUMB Questions are the ones that never get asked!! (Where is your compasion?????????. Isn"t this  suppose to be a support group. Sometimes we need to air our fears with one another,to get the strength to go & face what may be.(passionp) Wishing you all the Best! Everything is going to be alright!   I'm alittle late with this post, but please let us know how everything went,Nana's Love