Can I just not carry a boy or girl?
I heard that sometimes a person can only carry one sex and that if you are pregnant with the opposite you miscarry?  Is there any truth to this?
They have just started looking into this, so far there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest this is true.

Boys have been shown to be more "fragile" yet in my own personal experience I have had 4 m/c and 2 successful pregnancies, both are boys.

Maybe in time they will have more information on this. There needs to be a lot more work put into this theory before it will be accepted.

Andrea
Although I have not had any miscarriages 'that I know of'.......may sound strange but sometimes I think that there were times in the past that I was pregnant and lost the baby right at the time my period was due.
The times that I thought that I was, I would bleed super heavy and have awful cramps (keep you in the bed balled up cramps) but never took a hpt since I was not late.
And I too have wondered if maybe I couldn't carry a 'girl'....I am now pregnant with boy #3.

I've never looked on the net to see if there is anything about it (Andi said they are just looking into it)
Please let us all know if you find anything.
remember back yo your high school biology class (mendel genetics)if you will.  If both you and your partner had a genome done of your genetic traits - you might find interesting things.  There are many many sex linked problems.  SO a doctor might look at your genome and say oh ms smith if you have a boy tehre is  a 25 or 50 or 100 percent chance it will have blank  (if that blank is a trisomy or maybe some genetic disorder then that could mean fetal demise.)  there might be zero chance for your girl.  this could also be reversed.  your girl could have chances ofr something and your boy not.  ALso there are some traits that are carried on the x chromosome but have to be given by both parents to equal death.  Therefore if you are carrying a girl there would be a chance she would get it (because you give a x and your husband gives a x)  but if you were carrying a boy he would only carry it and not die from it (because you contribute an X  but teh husaband gives the boy a y and its not on the Y)  blah blah blah.  there are a zillion scenerios but you get teh picture.  It is possible but rare!
I have had 12 m/c - 8 of them far enough along to know that they were boys - the other 4 they said it was best that they not tell me.  I have 4 girls and 1 boy living - I didn't start having problems until after my 2nd (son) was born. I have however, had "threatening" "high risk" pg's with all of them.(For some reason, my body would attack the fetus as a foreign object) My first two are 3 years apart, then I had 4 m/c and 5 years later a girl then 5 m/c (one set of twins-don't know what the sex was-they wouldn't tell us- maybe they didn't know-) and 4 years later another girl then 3 m/c and 6 years later another girl.  With her they FINALLY sent me in for the genetic counseling.  It was discovered that my body was either "attacking" the boy fetus or not producing enough hormones that the boys take from us. I also have what is called "transformed chromosome" which is hereditary and will most likely be passed along to my girls- although I am now done having babies, this was helpful information for the furture for my girls and hopefully spare them the heartache of m/c's and all the feelings and emotions m/c can cause regardless as to how far along you are.  One is more than anyone should have to go through - so, yes - it is possible that your body will not allow one sex or the other to deveolop to full term, but with medical technology the way it is these days - I'm sure there are MANY things that they can do to help - don't give up!
Hi "blondie72".  Not here to make enemies.  It was the first nickname I thought of.  I'll change it now.  Sorry for the trouble!
This is NOT cool.  I do not like having another BLONDIE on this forum.  It is to close to my screen name.  Try not to confuse the 2 please.  I am blondie72.  LOL!!!!!!!!!   Take Care ladies
i was thinking the same thing....when i first read the post i thought OH MY GOSH did  something happen to blondie!!  then i noticed the slight difference in the name!
~nanci
Hey too late for that we KNOW your crazy!!
lol.............
Hey doll  There is only one YOU
Whether there is truth to this or not  Im not sure but I have a friend who has had 3 miscarriages and all were boys. She seems to only be able to carry girls! She has 3 beautiful girls
Oh no, You do not have to change it.  I just thought it was funny and I did not want to confuse the 2 because you sound like you are wanting a baby and I have made it very clear (I think) that I am DONE!!!!!!  I just did not want ppl to think I was crazy LOL!!!!!!!!!  Take Care
It is easy, #2 is all CAPS and our beloved isn't,lol. Hey, I didn't pitch a fit when andileigh came around. She has my exact same first and middle name and her nickname (Andi) is spelled the same as mine. If I remember correctly, I think her hubby is named John, too.

Now that is creepy,lol.

Andrea (This is why I started signing "Andrea" instead of "Andi" I didn't want any confusion)

Hi again!  That's alright.  I did try and change it though noticing so many others with a similar name.  I couldn't because the name is linked with my e-mail address.  This forum won't allow two names to one e-mail.  You're right though, I do want more children (I have one son),  problem is that I keep having miscarriages.  The doctors have done all their tests but cannot give me an answer as to what I can do to prevent any more.  Trying to come up with some reasons myself.

Janessa
i have had four miscarriages all before the age of 20 now i have a 15 month old daughter, i also had tests and nobody seems to be able to give me answer as to why? could it be that i cant carry boys? it really confuses and frustrates me as i have been in and out of hospital with problems!!
I don't think I can carry boys ---- I have 2 healthy girls and 4 m/c.  I am currently 7weeks 1 day and I am so sure its another girl.