Can You Get Pregnant Just A Couple Days Before Your Period?
Well I am 35 wks pregnant now. And I don't really have a problem,but i have  a quiestion to see if the due date the doctors chose for me here in CA is correct.
As i said, i am 35 wks pregnant. And 18 years old. The reason for me asking this question is because before i moved to california from Oregon. My OB/GYN told me my due date was June 12th of 2007 occording to my first day of my last period. When i moved to California they told me my due date is the 14th of June. I know its not a huge difference in time...but im wondering...
My fiancee is in the marines and the last time we had sex was on the 5th of September in 2006. Thats 3 days before my period,although they arent always regular. And when i did an ovulation estimate it said i ovulated on the 16th???! I thought sperm could only last so long before dying....Also the day i found out is when i was 6wks pregnant on October 19 i think it was of 2007. Is there anyone that can help me with this?
the docs are only saying a few days different.  dont let it bother you.  i had US's every month, and each one said a different due date.  fortunately i knew exactly when i got PG... and yes apparently some ppl can even get PG during a period (tho it is rare) if they actually ovulate on different days from each ovary.  
My eyes are crossing reading your post and trying to follow it on a calendar.  Oct. 2007 hasn't happened yet,  but that was probably just a typo.

When you say you ovulated on the 16th,  the 16 of what month?  If your period was due Sept. 8,  and you had sex Sept. 5,  I don't think you would have ovulated Sept. 16 OR August 16.  

Are you asking this because you're trying to figure out whether he's the father,  or are you trying to narrow down a due date?  The date of your last monthly period would be helpful.

Best wishes.

Thanx so much! I dont know why i worry...i just think that its awkward that i had sex on the 5th and then got my period. But they say that i ovulated on the 16th of that month...it made no sense to me. becuase that would of meant that i got pregnant then.....

:)
Yeah -sorry i meant 2006 lol sorry!
So.  You last had sex on Sept. 5,  got your period on Sept. 8,  and then they say you ovulated 8 days later?

Something's not right here.  If your pregnancy is healthy,  I wouldn't worry all that much about due dates,  except if they're planning to induce - because it doesn't seem like they know when you conceived.

best wishes.
No of course not. I know infact he is the only one that could be.
But i think its awkward how all these ovulation things tell me that i ovulated on the 16th of September.(11 days after i had sex) So I was wondering that maybe thats why the doctors are tellin me that my due date is on two different days....is because i ovulated later.....?!
It sounds like from your posts,  that you are counting a period between when you last had sex,  and when you ovulated again and became pregnant with sperm that was there since Sept. 5?

That wouldn't happen.  

It may be that the bleeding you had on the 8th,  that you thought was a period,  was implantation bleeding or some other bleeding.  

Best wishes.
Ok that makes sense....
I dunno alot at all about how pregnancy works with the ovulation and how long it takes even though i have read alot in the past.
I just wasn't sure why they changed my due date (even though its only a couple days) from the one i had back home before.

Thanks!
Maybe the OPK test came out positive because of the HCG levels?