Maternal & Child Community
Can You see a heart beat at 6 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can You see a heart beat at 6 weeks?

I'm going for my second u/s on thurs. I'll be 6 weeks and 3 days. I was wondering if I will see a heartbeat. Please read post, Has this happened to you? Dec.2. Thanks
Is it abdominal or transvaginal?  If it's transvaginal I think you will see it.  Good luck!
It's going to be transvaginal.
You should be able to see it, but don't pannic if you can't. Sometimes they don't see it that early.
I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks, 2 days and they saw nothing.  At 8 weeks and they still didn't see a heart beat--or a yolk sac or fetal pole for that matter.  I was told that I was miscarrying, but at 9 weeks, 5 days, there was a baby, heart beat and all.  So don't panic if they don't see one.  Six weeks is very early, imo.
I had a transvaginal scan at 6 weeks and was able to see the hertbeat but I was warned before going in that I maynot be able to see anything.
I had a transvaginal at 6wks and 3dys and couldn't get a heartbeat. I was over 8wks when I got to hear the hb.
I heard the heartbeat at my transvaginal at 6 weeks 3 days, but the one a few days before didn't pick up anything.
i opped not one to be done until i was atleast 8w. Bc i didnt want to worry for no reason. so at 8w1d. there she was swimming and playing and everything was fine.
My doc, requested an u/s for thurs. Just hoping i'll see something. Thanks
I saw one at 6 weeks 1 day.  Don't worry if you do not though.
I am 6.2 weeks pregnant.  I just went to get my second u/s today and they could not detect a heart beat, I'm a nervous wreck...but after reading these experiences I am now a little hopeful.   Now they are testing my HCG levels to see if they have increased or dropped.  By next week an ultra sound should definitely be able to pick up a heartbeat right?
I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days and had no heartbeats. Dr scheduled another one a week later and still no heartbeats so she told me I should have a d/c because aournd this time there should be heartbeats present. So I had an abortion as the dr recommended and now after reading all of these stories I wish I had waited longer or got a second opinion. We planned our pregnancy and I was indeed pregnant with twins as the ultrasound showed and just because of the absent heartbeats I had to have an abortion not knowing that if I could have waited a couple more weeks the heartbeats might have been there.
i went for my first scan on july 23rd 2010 thinking i was 12 weeks pregnant, they could see a 6 week old fetus with no heartbeat, they said i have had a missed miscarriage.   I have irregular periods, but after reading stuff on the internet about irregular periods i probably conceived around near the time i was supposed to have my peiod which would make me about 6-7 weeks i was going to go into the hospital on 26th july 2010 to have the tablet option to hurry the missed miscarriage along, but the nurse phoned me back and asked if i could go back in on friday for another scan because the fetus only measures about 5mm from head to bottom, i read on the internet also that it could have been too early to detect a heartbeat at 6 weeks. i hope this scan says something different and the baby is fine i was really gutted when they said i had a missed miscarriage. i would appreciate if someone could get back to me with some answers who has been through some sort of similar situation.  thanks
i had an internal ultra sound last week they said the fetus was 6.5 - 7 weeks along, i thought i was 9 weeks. they also didnt see a heartbeat. i have done nothing but worry since. i go back next week for a second ultra sound. i am begining to think i simply miscalculated my lmp, and maybe it was to early to see the heartbeat. anyone out there ever been in a similar situation?
i had an u/s when i was 6w6d i think, that was 2 days ago, i had fetal pole of 6mm yolk sac gestational sac and amniotic sac but no heart beat, i have 2nd u/s in a weeks time, im a nervous wreck i know how u feel
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days when i went to the ER for bleeding. the doctor said that they detected a heartbeat but that it was slow in the 80s. i went to the doctor today and he told me that theres a possibility i might lose my baby. I dont know what to think now. I have an appointment for an ultrasound on monday i hope everything is ok. Has this happened to anyone?
I know this date is from ages ago....but a d&c is not an abortion hun...its totally different so dont look at it that way...i had to have one done and i wish they done it sooner, it took over a month of scans and tests for them to finally agree i had lost my baby at 6 weeks +!, i was almost 11weeks when i had the op and it was awful...wouldnt wish it on anyone, it was a very traumatic time, and i would never say that i had an abortion.