Can an infant get second hand smoke from clothing
A recent exchange on this forum delt with this question and the concensus (albeit unprofessional) was that an infant/child is not exposed to the negative effects of second hand smoke.  Unfortunately I found several research papers that argue to the contrary.  My opinion, as a non-smoker with smoker parents who want to be a part of my childs life - why risk it.  In fact you may insipre a loved one to quit.  Thats what I'm working towards.  Is there research that shows children are safe with smoker's clothing? Here are the links to the research I found by doing a simple google search:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/shs.html
http://www.calmedfoundation.org/rxchange/pdfs/otherpdfs/ETSfacts.pdf
http://www.lung.ca/protect-protegez/tobacco-tabagisme/second-secondaire/children-enfants_e.php
Well thats good to know. I must have missed the first thread about this. I dont smoke and neither does my husband, but its still good info to pass on. thanks
Yes honey they most definitley can....
when my baby was newborn i asked my relatives to not only wash their hands, but change their shirts when they wanted to hold him. they all did without complaining. my whole family smokes, and my dh's parents smoke, so we are surrounded by it. and i hate it. my inlaws don't smoke in the house when we are visiting, but my mil smokes inside  regularly so when we go it stinks, and i hate that my ds has to be in that environment. anyway, i think it is so rude to have on clothes that smell like smoke and ask to hold someone's baby.
The SIDS research also implicates smokers as a cause even when they do not smoke around the baby.
My mother is a respitory nurse and  at the hospital that she works at teaches that babies are exposed to second hand smoke through clothing. The advice that she gives is to have a big long "smoking coat" that is always kept outdoors to cover up with if you are going to smoke at home with a small child.
Yes you can.  My oldest daughter got a really bad case of Bronchitis when she was 13 months old and her dr said to make sure she didn't go ANY where there may be smoking or in a car, house or person that has been smoked in.
When my son was in the NICU they had us wear these cloth covers over our clothes because second hand smoke could get to the babies. We don't smoke, but that was a rule for everybody. I don't know how much it could hurt the baby, but to be safe, we have my mom and sister smoke outside when possible and wear something over their clothes before they held our kids.