Maternal & Child Community
Can anyone relate to my hard belly at 13 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HI everybody. This is supposed to be my 13th week and I have few questions. My upper belly becomes so hard especially after lunch and mostly the whole day.. is it normal. I don't remember what happened with my 1st pergnancy 8 years ago. I thought it was too early to have a hard belly. I think it has been hard from around 7 weeks or so... I hope its not Braxton Hicks. Does anyone relate to this. .. and by the way when are you supposed to show.... should it be the lower belly (below the belly button) or the upper belly. My upper belly is bigger and harder. I dont know if its the fat or the pregnancy.. please help
hi,im just over 12weekks pregnant and you can see im pregnant already!my bellys is hard also.everyones pregnancy is different!
im no expert but i think the belly normaly starts very low down,although mine is from under my boobs rite down below my knicker line so i wouldnt worry,ask ur doctor if your really worried and hel settle ur mind
good luck :)
just my input i am almost 13 weeks and my belly is showing just a little bit kinda looks like a pot belly its not hard and it goes to my panty line i dont know if this helps u any at all i think everybody is different some people dont even show till farther along i hope everything goes well i worry everyday good luck to you have a good pregnancy.:):)
I had a similar question when I was about 13 weeks, and the ladies informed me that it could be gas.  My lower tummy became really big and hard during the day (in the morning it was flat)-probably because of gas...By now it's different (16 weeks), now I feel a bump as big as my palm, which is my growing uterus, but I'm not showing yet, however, for example my hubby can see the difference, and some other people, since I was really skinny before. I, too, was worried, but not any more.  That't true, everybody's different.
If it's accompanied by spotting and cramps, take it very seriously and check with your doctor.  I was told in my condition (hard belly at 15-20 weeks) that I was having silent contractions stretching my belly out.  But it was my first baby.  In my case I found out the hard way, I had my baby early at 23 weeks.  My doctor then thought a hard belly (like a watermelon was not normal) Check with your doc right away if you have the other symptoms.  If not, it may just be Braxton Hicks.  Good luck and god bless.
I am in the same boat and wondering the same thing. It doesnt help that my hubby states how big I am compared to my other pregnancies. I am 12 weeks and look 6 months. I dont know why my belly is so high and hard, but it is.