Can blood in urine affect home pregnancy test ?
Ok if I am pregnant it could be 8 weeks in ..only if I concieve around March 6-8. I did a urine test at a clinic March 17 that was negative. Ok I'm really clue less about sex and the rules of knowing my body.  It was only through my panic last month, I learned about ovulation. March 6-8 was the days I was most fertile.

So this month 3 days past and I had no period, so today being day 4 I went out to get a hpt. I started bleeding today it was heavy this morning then reduced its flow. Well my anxiety caused me to do the ets anyway. Because Last month I had a short period. It was unusual to be late. Anyway I did the test and it was negative. Should I  accept that as the final result and move on with my life, or did the blood in urine dilute the urine.

I'm 24yrs old and not that experience or knowledgable. This whole thing made me realise how little I knew about my body.

Thanks...
I would accept this as a true result. Blood does not impact a urine test if done at the right time. If your last sexual encounter was in March and the recent test was negative, I would feel completely comfortable telling you the result is accurate, unless you peed on the wrong end ;-)

You are 24 it is time to educate yourself on your body for sure. This is a great place to find plenty of women who can help you learn more about your body and your cycle.

Thank you...
The thing is I grew up being told " no to sex", and my goal was to wait  for marriage. There really was no sex ed, for me. The idea of being pregnant and not  married was pretty scary. Now I know the importance of sex ed and abstience going together.

Again thanks.
abstinence *
I agree; you are probably on your period now and are not pregnant.  

Its not too late to learn how the menstrual cycle and birth control works right now!  Are you using any method of birth control?  Abstinence may be often preached, but is not a very realistic choice.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/menstruation.cfm

I had a light period in January, it started to get heavy and got light again and i couldn't tell what was going on. I took 3 tests and they all said negative. I waited a while and decided to take another. It was positive and I was scared because i wasn't ready for another baby yet so went to doctor to have another taken and it was positive. I don't think blood could dilute the test but you could be pregnant and not have enough homones in your body yet to detect the pregnancy. If you just got pregnant, you could still have a light period and the pregnancy test will not detect it for at least two weeks. My advice is to wait a few weeks and take another. If it's still negative but you're still not sure, go to your doctor and have a blood test. Don't just blow it off and take the test to be true. Not yet, you may do something you might regret if you found out you are pregnant.
If the last time you had unprotected sex was more than two weeks before you took the pregnancy test(s), I would trust the test results.  

As you said, planning to abstain from sex until marriage is not inconsistent with also learning about your body.  "Sex education" is not educating someone to have sex, it is educating someone about what the body is and does.  Do you know how ovulation works, why it happens when it does, what happens to the uterus at the same time, what the cervix is and what it does at different points of your cycle?  Have you ever charted your cycle and the twinges and cramps you might get mid-cycle (indicating ovulation)?  Do you know the difference between semen and sperm?  All of those things are really helpful to know about when you are married and trying to have a baby, and having a baseline record of your cycle from when you were younger is really useful later.

Incidentally, another thing to know is that even if you are on the pill, condoms are the best protection from possible disease.  Please take care of yourself, it sounds like the man in your life did not.

All the best -- Annie
I am 24 . At 19 i gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby-boy . Now that he's older and in school full time my husband and I want to have another . For four months we have been trying with no luck . But last Month according to online ovulation calendars i ovulated between the 31 st and the 6 Th . Again according to what it said . Lately i have been nauseous, tired , sore breasts and food cravings . But today on 2/15/14 i woke up with some spotting as time went on it got a little heavier and then was kind of brown . Is this just wishful thinking or should i buy a home test?